• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

iogNEpQNPftA5.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
BOOOM!

Thank god they wont go suicidal.

Speaking of suicide. Here is my midlife crisis mobile update.

My Ruck is currently being rejetted for a Yoshimura exhaust, and I am lazy so I am having them install a "skeletal" footrest for me too (I did it before but didn't want to mess with the fuel tank to get the underskirt off) and so when I get it back this afternoon, it will literally be all done. That was the total scope of my plan for it. Might put in a better airfilter, but I am hoping for another one or two mph out of all that.

I made some custom vinyl stickers for it (the contrast isn't as bad as it looks in these shots and I touched up the white edging of the vinyl) to give it a kind of Halo meets Akira vibe.

MHxRj08.jpg

984qJqc.jpg

EvrB4W0.jpg

mrwslB6.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do you ever drive this to the office, or how have I never seen this?

I had it at the office for a couple of days after I bought it (before the customization) but it is literally too slow to take on the freeway, so I sure ain't commuting on it. It's mostly for solving space crimes and doing adventures.

Stock top speed was 41mph, so the re-jet and new exhaust might get it up to 45mph with some weight stripped off.

Give us a shot of the whole... beast?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So glad to see the backpedal. Makes it a much more interesting fight.

Booshka

Do you ever drive this to the office, or how have I never seen this?

I had it at the office for a couple of days after I bought it (before the customization) but it is literally too slow to take on the freeway, so I sure ain't commuting on it. It's mostly for solving space crimes and doing adventures.

Stock top speed was 41mph, so the re-jet and new exhaust might get it up to 45mph with some weight stripped off.

Please recreate this scene, 343 style. You can leave out the truck for safety reasons.

dumb-and-dumber-70-miles-to-the-gallon.jpg

Tawpgun

No family sharing, though, and discs are required.

Can we do another 180?

Discs being required is pointless anyway. Just buy digital anyway scrub.

Put me in the camp thats slightly disappointed personally.

To me, the XBone just lost its biggest edge up on Sony, with the family sharing system.
The only silver lining in this would be if more of my friends end up getting the XBone. But I'm not so sure if that's going to happen now.

Right now, you either pay for a machine thats $100 more expensive but less powerful, or a cheaper, more powerful machine. The games might be a bigger deciding factor though.

Tawpgun

No family sharing, though, and discs are required.

Can we do another 180?

To me, the XBone just lost its biggest edge up on Sony, with the family sharing system.
The only silver lining in this would be if more of my friends end up getting the XBone. But I'm not so sure if that's going to happen now.

Right now, you either pay for a machine thats $100 more expensive but less powerful, or a cheaper, more powerful machine. The games might be a bigger deciding factor though.

Madness

How can anyone be disappointed?

"Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

So much for guys like Speedy saying it was theft to let someone play the game, or guys like Ozzy saying it was unfair to devs to let a friend borrow the game and beat it etc.

I'm just surprised at how quickly they caved. But like with the ME3 ending, gamers when upset are an unruly bunch.

"Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

So much for guys like Speedy saying it was theft to let someone play the game, or guys like Ozzy saying it was unfair to devs to let a friend borrow the game and beat it etc.

I'm just surprised at how quickly they caved. But like with the ME3 ending, gamers when upset are an unruly bunch.

Honestly, that game sharing thing was a great idea. I hope they find a way to keep that in, its such a great idea.

daedalius

So game sharing is gone huh?

Wow, that really makes me sad.

Even if it is a digital version?

-- Yep. Online outrage machine has succeeded in destroying it.

I think they said its still possible, but only with digital versions. Your library however will now be available at other locations only if you bought the game digitally. So technically, game sharing is still "possible".

Honestly, that game sharing thing was a great idea. I hope they find a way to keep that in, its such a great idea.
I think people forget PS3 had the same concept, gamesharing allowed somewhere like 5 other consoles to download and play for free and was a touted feature, but ended up causing DRM in some online Capcom titles and later a revision of the policy to reduce it to 2 consoles.

If that shit caught on publishers would've lost their shit about it I think.

But I'm glad at the change, as hilarious as it would've been for the generation to be decided before it launched I'd rather a good competition between the two.

nillapuddin

Exactly.
It will be that, but for another decade.
I love the 360, but I was ready for a new experience.

My group of Xbox Live friends, live thousands of miles away from each other, and as much as we would love to share our SP games with each other (Dead Space, Metal Gear, etc) its a huge hassle, We were excited beyond words at this new feature set.

I think people forget PS3 had the same concept, gamesharing allowed somewhere like 5 other consoles to download and play for free and was a touted feature, but ended up causing DRM in some online Capcom titles and later a revision of the policy to reduce it to 2 consoles.

If that shit caught on publishers would've lost their shit about it I think.

But I'm glad at the change, as hilarious as it would've been for the generation to be decided before it launched I'd rather a good competition between the two.

Honestly, id just take that feature but very limited. Like only one person can play any game at once. I just wanna be able to share games with close friends.

Gui_PT

-- Yep. Online outrage machine has succeeded in destroying it.

At least half the world, me including will be able to buy the console and play games on it.

Thank you for caring.

Madness

Honestly, I didn't think the sharing would have worked like that. It would have been abused so much. It's why there were region locks as well.

What I wonder is whether it will come to other countries now. Guys like Gui in Portugal were screwed. But if there is no online checks, no DRM, it should be available.

What I don't get, is why MS didn't do this from the start? Everyone knew the backlash that would happen, look at the rumors that had people upset. And if they were so adamant on staying the course, why cave now?

Fracas

#fuckonami
It has to be taken online once (apparently removing the online requirement is a patch?). I would guess that countries without Xbox Live service still are blacked out.

edit: vvvv you can with digital titles

Tawpgun

Apparently the traveling digital library is gone also.

You won't be able to go to your friends place, log on to your account, and play your games.

Madness

Hey Frank, what kind of car did you buy with that Halo 4 money, aside from this Ruckus? Also, it's too slow to even be legally driven on I-5?

Fracas

#fuckonami
You mean physically.

If I buy all my games digitally, like I planned, they are stuck on my system.

Nah digital titles work as they were going to.

"There’s a few things we won’t be able to deliver as a result of this change," Marc Whitten, v.p. of Xbox Live told Kotaku, "One of the things we were very exicted about was 'wherever we go my games are always with me.' Now, of course, your physical games won’t show up that way. The content you bought digitally will. But you’ll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you. Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won’t be able to deliver at launch."

Tawpgun

Oh I read that wrong. So as long as you buy a game digital, you can access your library somewhere else? Rad.

Not as bad anymore.

Oh I read that wrong. So as long as you buy a game digital, you can access your library somewhere else? Rad.

Not as bad anymore.

Yeah so basically like Steam, then, although apparently they're bringing in game sharing?

Hilarious if they do and Xbox doesn't get it at some point.

Obscured

I'm in the same camp, but also only slightly disappointed. Most of my game purchases will probably be digital anyway (on both systems). I'd like to see sharing come back in some fashion and hope that if Steam figures it out that it finds its way as well.

One thing that I am happy about even thought it doesn't affect me much is that it isn't region locked so should be available to more people and that it can be played offline so military personnel aren't excluded (although I wonder if there are any kinect concerns in that regard)

Biggest thing about all of this, regardless of how you think about it, is that such a huge reversal is crazy for this kind of product and this kind of company.

I'm gonna water my Animal Crossing flowers with the tears of Xbone defenders today

And is anyone playing Halo tonight? By that, I mean: is anyone willing to put up with me being host for a few games before we all quit out of frustration tonight?

Top Bottom