• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

UK? We're outsourcing labor to the damn chalkies now?! Hope you guys won't miss salt, because this next game's gonna taste like whippy cream! Whip, whip, whippy cream! What with their pale-itized skin, illumineratin' the place up like some damn lightbulbs!

TheOddOne

UK? We're outsourcing labor to the damn chalkies now?! Hope you guys won't miss salt, because this next game's gonna taste like whippy cream! Whip, whip, whippy cream! What with their pale-itized skin, illumineratin' the place up like some damn lightbulbs!
Fish and chips, Covenanthumper!
The+House+Pub+and+Dining+Room+review+Islington+Canonbury+beer+battered+fish+and+chips.JPG

Blueblur1

343 battles Bungie for sci-fi shooter supremacy!

Or

Halo 4 studio shows off new map pack to press in an attempt to get positive buzz for their fan-maligned game.

Or

Something else entirely?

Booties

Banned
You put sugar in whipped cream.....

I have someone I can go to for screenshots, but is there anyone here on GAF that can screengrab my screenshots from my Halo 3 fileshare and upload them somewhere so I can download them?

Oh my god, Team Doubles on Solari.

Out Light Rifling a BR user, grabbing Needler to take out the teammate, getting the Railgun on spawn and blowing up the freshly-respawned enemy and proceed to take out the guy going for Sticky Detonator from across the map, and ultimately ending the game by assassinating the last living enemy while he was facing me and getting a total of 23 kills.

Holy shit, I'm home.

23 kills, huh? Sounds like a fair match. :p

23 kills, huh? Sounds like a fair match. :p

My teammate was on their level so it totally counts. I could feel the donging coursing through them. It was as though a million digital dicks emanated from their televisions and cried out, slapping them in the face all at once.

Teaming up to form Major League Virgins

Gravity Gauntlet is in MLG 4.0 settings but everyone calls it the Hover Hand confirmed

They need to take Complex and Vortex out of Snipers for starters. Vortex is just too damn big for 4v4 and Complex is playing hide-and-go-seek. Too much hiding.

Exile is pushing it. It could work better with some Snipers-specific changes.

Agreed 100% - I would be quite happy if they put forge built 4v4 designed maps for snipes - right now some of the maps are way too large/ slow and campy

FyreWulff

Agreed 100% - I would be quite happy if they put forge built 4v4 designed maps for snipes - right now some of the maps are way too large/ slow and campy

Have you played Shutout Snipes yet? I was put in charge of making some changes for the playlist, I wonder what people think of the moved starting spawns. I also deleted 4 extremely exposed spawns because spawning out in the middle of the wide open is the anti-defintion of fun.

I think I'll cook up an Exile Snipes after I finish work for today and see what people think.

Halo 2 is not 10 years old until next fall...

There really isn't anything requiring a specific 10 year date.

This is entirely just for fun speculation:

A Halo 2 remake makes solid sense for an alternate-cycle release.

1 - it's an upres of an older game. People will expect graphic upgrades, but will accept somewhere slightly above 360 quality since it's new graphics over the bones of an old game.
2 - [Businesshat]the next Xbox console will have a fairly small userbase at launch. Re-releasing Halo 2 gives you a Halo at the launch of the console, but nobody will expect it to do uber numbers since it's a remake. It buys them time to wait for the next new Halo to have an userbase where they can tout even bigger launch day/week sales.[/Paradigmsynergyshiftcrossmarketing]

I'm all down for a Halo 2: Anniversary as long as everyone knows there won't be multiplayer. If Bungie were still the developers, then yeah, maybe. No way 343 will do that. It would make them look bad no matter the outcome. If it's good, most people will still give Bungie the main credit, regardless of 343's involvement. If it's bad, 343's going to get the blame.

There may be a Halo 2 Anniversary Map Pack for Halo 5 (or a Halo 5 beta if it comes out earlier), but don't expect anything more than that. I just don't want ever Halo community freaking out for two weeks acting all surprised when no MM is announced for a H2A.

FyreWulff

If they do it, there's going to be multiplayer.

CEA was more a technical issue. I don't feel it was a split userbase issue because they still split the userbase with the Anniversary disc anyway.

Toa TAK

Banned
If they do it, there's going to be multiplayer.

CEA was more a technical issue. I don't feel it was a split userbase issue because they still split the userbase with the Anniversary disc anyway.

But wouldn't they be worried about splitting the userbase between Halo2 Anniversary and the recent Halo game (probably Halo 5)?

Omni

Halo 2 is not 10 years old until next fall...

EDIT: Holy shit Halo 2 is 10 years old next fall. I'm old.

Man. That's so weird to think about.

I can still remember coming home from school and going in with my Dad to pick up the Limited Edition at release and playing so many customs (took me two weeks to finish campaign... hahaha.)

Moa

Highly doubt it is Halo 2: Anniversary or some sort of Halo 2 reboot. Why would Ghostayame be in on it?

Overdoziz

Banned
I have someone I can go to for screenshots, but is there anyone here on GAF that can screengrab my screenshots from my Halo 3 fileshare and upload them somewhere so I can download them?
I'm up for it. I don't have a capture card, but I can just download them, put them on my PC and upload them for you from there.

TheOddOne

They should stop trying to rationalize "splitting up the userbase". Just do the remake right, because if you start factoring in lost userbase you could potentially harm both the player that is going to buy the remake *and* the current userbase of players that are playing Halo 4, because it will be half assed for both parties regardless. In that case both parties are just holding back each other, nobody is satisfied and we are left with an annoying clusterbuck.

I would choke a bitch if they added invisible walls/instakill barriers into Halo 2's campaign. I want to explore that stuff all over again! Even if it does mean Uprising will only take like two and a half minutes :lol

Top Bottom