• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

It would actually be fairly easy to leave now though. Spartan Ops pt 2 made me get the game again. The new environments were great along with the few new mechanics added, but ultimately why would I play this game anymore? The new mappack won't appeal to me if I am playing a game that doesn't hold my attention in the MP arena anyway. Campaign just doesn't have the replayablity of past Halo titles to me.

Well I already bought the map pass with the LE, so I'm just in wait and see mode right now with Halo 4.

--

The ending of E10 C5 (everything after the "hole") is damn beautiful. Whoever did the caves and lights in the game is godly. Jaw actually dropped.

FyreWulff

Damn. Never seen that one either... Wonder if there's others to come?

Given it's tiny payout, it must have been an old one that was weighted extremely low - because I can kinda see why. If you already had the weekly done, you probably can't complete that daily.

edit: it does in fact work properly. Pressing A to go to a lobby complete it correctly goes to the Campaign lobby, so it's a daily that's aware of what the weekly is.

Computer

The 110 movement in team throw down is to much. They are always trying to make Halo a fast pace game to compete with cod and it makes it more of a cluster fuck. I prefer the slower pace like Halo 3.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Mistaken premise in that question. Don't worry, not everyone understands game development. The resources for Spartan Ops (which were surprisingly modest) were wholly separate & canceling it wouldn't have added extra resources for other parts of the game.

Spartan Ops got the greenlight because of it's experimental nature and we feel this distribution method has a future in this industry.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Mistaken premise in that question. Don't worry, not everyone understands game development. The resources for Spartan Ops (which were surprisingly modest) were wholly separate & canceling it wouldn't have added extra resources for other parts of the game.

Spartan Ops got the greenlight because of it's experimental nature and we feel this distribution method has a future in this industry.
;)
Good job on the last Episode by the way.

CyReN

Thanks for the correction.

Hope to finish it if I can find people that want to play it, still got 4 chapters.

lybertyboy

;)
Good job on the last Episode by the way.

Thanks. Glad to hear people liked the gravity gag in chapter 5. Had to script all that by hand as the original plan for the escape sequence got scrapped.

Anyone know why skulls aren't an option in Spartan Ops? I just noticed this earlier.

UI was one of the parts of the project that came in extra hot and we didn't have time to implement it. Also the reason limited lives was removed. Those are the realities of game development.

That money came from somewhere though didnt it? I'm sure somewhere higher up where they made the cost decision, that dude chose a split in some way of the funds for the game and movie?

Not like it matters because the huge sum wasted on the game and the terrible marketing campaigns n you still couldnt get the game finished in time. Money was not the issue.

Also, saying noone working on the game focused on the movie at all in any aspect ever would make this "no resources were shared" true, but I highly doubt that was what happened.

Ramirez

I'd say yes but knowing you, you'd just flip flop on your offer every other week.

szvrxMI.gif

I'm loving Hydra's heel turn.

TCKaos

Thanks. Glad to hear people liked the gravity gag in chapter 5. Had to script all that by hand as the original plan for the escape sequence got scrapped.

UI was one of the parts of the project that came in extra hot and we didn't have time to implement it. Also the reason limited lives was removed. Those are the realities of game development.

Did it involve any of those leftover assets in that level, like that Reach Scarab from a couple dozen pages back? That section seemed pretty cool, especially how suddenly everything was double-speed. It was subtle enough that I didn't even notice it at first.

heckfu

Banned
That money came from somewhere though didnt it? I'm sure somewhere higher up where they made the cost decision, that dude chose a split in some way of the funds for the game and movie?

Not like it matters because the huge sum wasted on the game and the terrible marketing campaigns n you still couldnt get the game finished in time. Money was not the issue.

Also, saying noone working on the game focused on the movie at all in any aspect ever would make this "no resources were shared" true, but I highly doubt that was what happened.

Oh now you're just being a silly goose.

lybertyboy

Believe what you want. You clearly live in a conspiracy-filled universe where backroom deals traded rankings for CG cinematics.

I'd really like if in Spartan Ops your A.I. Spartan Squad will focus fire, throw grenades, Interact with doors, terminals, vehicles by simply pinpointing on the designated target.

Example:

Bravo on concluding Season 1 of SpOps.
I'll admit the conflicts of Halsey sucks to see but hopefully as a very interesting character as she is will not turn to the darkside and will outwit and overcome.

Karl2177

Umm...

I was addressing wrong information in your post. Based on the other inaccuracies, I assumed you were mistaken at some point.

As to your other rebuttals, I just don't see what's wrong with needing to slay and use teamwork for objective captures. I'm pretty sure that's how Halo has been for some time now. It reminds me of Halo 2 bomb arms/disarms. You had to sit defenseless to arm and hold that same location to disarm. You had to slay as a team first to ensure this could happen. How is this a bad thing?

But Halo 2 bomb armings didn't reset the arm timer to 0 when you dropped it, unless it went outside of the arm zone. Halo 3 and later is a different story altogether. Extraction would be leagues better if it had sticky arming, but it doesn't. It would be better if it had a visible zone, but it doesn't. It would be better if the plant points were in better positions. It would be so much better if the player didn't have to hold a button for an eternity(one reason why Dominion is bad). It would be better if the player could move their model while extracting.

Fuchsdh

I'd really like if in Spartan Ops your A.I. Spartan Squad will focus fire, throw grenades, Interact with doors, terminals, vehicles by simply pinpointing on the designated target.

Example:

Bravo on concluding Season 1 of SpOps.
I'll admit the conflicts of Halsey sucks to see but hopefully as a very interesting character as she is will not turn to the darkside and will outwit and overcome.

Yeah I don't think squad commands would ever work in a mainline Halo title but a side ops title would be a good way to play with those mechanics.

If you pre-order Destiny at GameStop now, you get one of 2 posters. You can choose, which one you want. Both posters, are 2 sided, so that's a total of 4 posters.

I think in the US we only have the poster with the Fallen. Also, although the posters have different enemy factions, the other side is identical, so that makes 3 posters. Anyone in Europe wanna swap a Cabal poster for a Fallen one?

I really appreciate the risk of making something new, I really enjoyed Spartan Ops. =)

The gravity part was something new and unexpected.

Fuchsdh

I really appreciate the risk of making something new, I really enjoyed Spartan Ops. =)

The gravity part was something new and unexpected.

Haha yeah, it was short enough so that it was cool without getting frustrating. And the backtracking for Ep 10 was definitely the best in the series, you definitely felt like you were accomplishing an effective goal that was important to the story. Overall, I think it was a pretty strong ending.

Believe what you want. You clearly live in a conspiracy-filled universe where backroom deals traded rankings for CG cinematics.

Spartan Ops could've been better, but it also could've been worse.

But next time you meet the guy in charge of the story for Ops and H4 in general, do me a favor and punch him.

Haha yeah, it was short enough so that it was cool without getting frustrating. And the backtracking for Ep 10 was definitely the best in the series, you definitely felt like you were accomplishing an effective goal that was important to the story. Overall, I think it was a pretty strong ending.

Agreed. Really wish you could take pics, because "the escape" was too cool. Especially the curved walkway back up to the hole with the Elites and the light shafts and... just... gorgeous. Oh yeah and the Gravity stuff!

Fotos

Palmer didn't die you blew it.

I hope this is in season 2:

There is a huge battle between the Covenant and the Infinity. Away from battle, Halsey manages to get Palmer down on the ground and has a gun pointed at her head. As she is about the execute Palmer, Lasky runs in. He notices what is going on, looks at Halsey, gives her a nod, and backs out of the room because he also hates her. Halsey puts her finger on the trigger and is about to kill Palmer. Palmer yells "EGG HE-" and is silenced by a bullet through her head.

Omni

Oh okay. Makes sense! I didn't even stop to consider that it could have been a UI problem.
Limited lives would have been so much better </3

m23

So.....E3 2013 we get a Spartan Ops Season 2 announcement? If so, it will definitely get overshadowed by all the next gen stuff.

Blueblur1

Just played the third Spartan Ops mission from this week's episode and really enjoyed it. It's been my favorite one thus far. I armed a NPC Spartan with a FRG and watched him go to town. Then I got on the back of a Mongoose and he did a pretty good job of mopping up enemies. It reminded me of the first Scarab encounter in Halo 3 (which was so damn fun).

If a season 2 does happen I would really like to see scoring, skulls, limited lives/checkpoints, and more SP like missions/moments. Also, real characters in my squad- I don't want to be the other squad that gets mentioned in the CG but is never seen.

That said, I had a lot of fun on the last few missions. I feel it really had some cool moments and was a lot of fun to play. It could have used a bit more in the feeling of a climax, but it still was a lot of fun and has me excited for the premise of a second season.

The story...well..I didn't care for too much.

Top Bottom