• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Conor 419

Banned
1. Conor 419
2. Arnie
3. Silly.Mikey
4. Mormapope
5. Mystery Guest
6. Kamikaze Ghazi
7. StalkerUKCG
8. Monsterfracas

It's not azoojoo! The mystery guest is an exciting addition, actually.

broony

while we're at it, what things do you like about Halo? like what things about its gameplay? tell me so I can pick out a few and explain to you why player counts and 343's pocket book could be better served by removing them

I like how I can play with whatever style I like and still get it to work.

Madness

I thought you left Halogaf?

Hahahahahahahaha holy shit your incredibly annoying yet entertaining. Nothing funnier than a GAF meltdown...

And anyone taking Madness seriously needs to go look at his posting history.

Madness is HaloGAFs number one fan.

No one will pass him the ball and he gets upset.

Madness on the way to his second highlight breakdown. Stay the course son.

I know Im just a junior, and ill probably regret posting this...

But why doesnt Kyle ghaleon and Juices like me??

Im also Butthurt and dont like 343

Please tell me its Madness...

Never been higher than Reach or 4? Are you serious? You were obviously still a sperm when Halo 2 came out.

Wow, way to single out Madness again.

See I know you were being funny, but these are what I could quickly find in about a month or so him posting at HaloGAF, notice that in this time, he took time to read my post history as well. I call it like I see it.

Yes I'm a shitty poster at times and I understand. Heck, I have no ill will towards anyone. It's a forum and things get heated. But when you single me out for no reason in almost all of my posts, there has to be a problem. I mean seriously, wishing I get banned? Why? What have I ever done to you?

And I let it go, I didn't care, until he wished I would get banned, and then I called him out on it. I mean insulting me and it's just me, no one else.

I am not "calling anyone out", I'm simply aware of who says what. And I know that friendships run deep, but this isn't friendly banter between friends. It's some random guy who's singled me and me alone for some reason.

broony

Anyway. Bedtime. Taking my daughter to her swimming lesson in 8 hours. Need some sleep. Thanks for the conversations and thanks for not jumping down my throat.

BigShow36

See I know you were being funny, but these are what I could quickly find in about a month or so him posting at HaloGAF, notice that in this time, he took time to read my post history as well. I call it like I see it.

Yes I'm a shitty poster at times and I understand. Heck, I have no ill will towards anyone. It's a forum and things get heated. But when you single me out for no reason in almost all of my posts, there has to be a problem. I mean seriously, wishing I get banned? Why? What have I ever done to you?

And I let it go, I didn't care, until he wished I would get banned, and then I called him out on it. I mean insulting me and it's just me, no one else.

I am not "calling anyone out", I'm simply aware of who says what. And I know that friendships run deep, but this isn't friendly banter between friends. It's some random guy who's singled me and me alone for some reason.

So you just spent minutes of your life digging through his post history? Who cares, grow a thicker skin; it's the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnEYIlgfHM0

Also, still sorry about before guys...

CQGb2it.gif

Madness

So you just spent minutes of your life digging through his post history? Who cares, grow a thicker skin; it's the internet.

Yup, it's the internet, but why shouldn't I draw attention to it? I don't really care if someone insults me, but what's the point of coming here then? To get shit on by some random guy over and over?

Has nothing to do with having a thicker skin but everything to do with highlighting almost harassing behavior, I mean why wish I get banned? Why read though my posts and then tell others to not take me seriously? If you don't like me, ignore me, don't read my posts.

This place is what we make it.

Omni

Catching up from last night. That's actually pretty damn cool. A forge island? Shame that precision editing isn't going to be patched in, but a welcome edition regardless.

Ghazi

Just ignore him then, if you feel he's attempting to get you (for what reason, I don't know) then don't give him reasons to keep bothering you.

FyreWulff

What is this list Conor is posting about?

edit: ^^ yeah arena is a glorious example.. I meant Reach at whole ... dumb game

I could pull out Halo 3's ranked versus social statistics if that'd help.

Ranks don't give you player longevity when someone can obtain the highest one in less than a day. A Halo 3 50 could be obtained in 28 games.

Interesting what happens when a playlist's population isn't inflated by people alting secondary accounts to pay for their Live subscription and XBLA games.

The importance of skill-based ranks to player retention has unfortunately been one of those overblown and overvalued things.

Conor 419

Banned
1. Conor 419
2. Arnie
3. Silly.Mikey
4. Mormapope
5. Mystery Guest
6. Kamikaze Ghazi
7. StalkerUKCG
8. Monsterfracas
9. IHaveIce GT = IHaveAnIce
10. DeadNames

I just called up Blizzard and Riot and explained to them the points that were made in this thread and they agreed to remove the ranking systems from SC2 and LoL immediately. I'm going to call iD, Stunlock Studios, and S2 later today so I can save QL, BLC, and HON.

We need to go further then this. Corporations should no longer rank any employees based on work or anything we should just randomly be given jobs regardless of qualifications.

Teachers...they no longer can grade students because lets face it that can get a little hostile and hurt the kids confidence.

In fact the school system in general needs to be redesigned around the idea of randomness and that every kid should be able to answer questions however they want.

FLORIDA GULF COAST

FUCK YESSSSSSS

Would be ridiculous! also Villanova needs to get their shit together.

Ranks don't give you player longevity when someone can obtain the highest one in less than a day. A Halo 3 50 could be obtained in 28 games.

Interesting what happens when a playlist's population isn't inflated by people alting secondary accounts to pay for their Live subscription and XBLA games.

The stats arent really relevant. Ranked isnt as popular yes, but additional players go into social and practice forwhen they are ready to play ranked. Halo is a competitive game it needs a measurement or else it cant be competitive, therefore its no longer Halo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, you've definitely got a point there. Thanks for showing me a little history. You've annoyed me in the past, so I kinda assumed you were over reacting.

JHall

Yup, it's the internet, but why shouldn't I draw attention to it? I don't really care if someone insults me, but what's the point of coming here then? To get shit on by some random guy over and over?

Has nothing to do with having a thicker skin but everything to do with highlighting almost harassing behavior, I mean why wish I get banned? Why read though my posts and then tell others to not take me seriously? If you don't like me, ignore me, don't read my posts.

This place is what we make it.

There is an ignore feature on these forums.

We need to go further then this. Corporations should no longer rank any employees based on work or anything we should just randomly be given jobs regardless of qualifications.

Teachers...they no longer can grade students because lets face it that can get a little hostile and hurt the kids confidence.

In fact the school system in general needs to be redesigned around the idea of randomness and that every kid should be able to answer questions however they want.

Your finest post.

So if it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, why not do some fan service and include it? I mean, a few simple playlists with 1-50 ingame ranks would hardly do the game harm then correct?

FyreWulff

Your finest post.

So if it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, why not do some fan service and include it? I mean, a few simple playlists with 1-50 ingame ranks would hardly do the game damage then right?

Because it creates an absurd secondary black market that only serves to harm the game. I won't repeat myself on things I've already typed, so here's a writeup I did a long time ago on my opinion of visible global ranks.

broony

Would be ridiculous! also Villanova needs to get their shit together.

The stats arent really relevant. Ranked isnt as popular yes, but additional players go into social and practice forwhen they are ready to play ranked.

I was supposed to go to bed but in your shitty analogy do you just go to school just to get the maximum grade or do you go to get to get laid, get stoned with your mates, make new friends for life and compare old metal bands.

orznge

Banned
I was supposed to go to bed but in your shitty analogy do you just go to school just to get the maximum grade or do you go to get to get laid, get stoned with your mates, make new friends for life and compare old metal bands.

good shit dude this is a really compelling case

So if it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, why not do some fan service and include it? I mean, a few simple playlists with 1-50 ingame ranks would hardly do the game harm then correct?

The ranks in Halo 2-3 never worked properly anyway. They relied way too much on the team winning and not enough on the individual stats of the player. If you're gonna do stats that represent the player, it shouldn't matter that much whether he wins or loses. Ive often had great games on losing teams and my rank would never go up because of that. Thats not representative of how good i am as a player and it isnt my problem if the rest of the team cant keep up.

First, let them come up with a ranking system that works properly.

orznge

Banned
The ranks in Halo 2-3 never worked properly anyway. They relied way too much on the team winning and not enough on the individual stats of the player. If you're gonna do stats that represent the player, it shouldn't matter that much whether he wins or loses. Ive often had great games on lasing teams and my rank would never go up because of that. Thats not representative of how good i am as a player.

First let them come up with a ranking system that works properly.

launch Arena sure was great huh

"Wishing" someone gets banned is treachery of the highest order.

I should have warrants for my arrests.

Its the fucking internet, the kid has had multiple breakdowns over nothing and makes it seem like this is his first foray onto the internet.

He said something which was wrong, I corrected him, he gets upset.

This really is a case of grow a thick skin and get over it.

Anyone else on here would simply ignore me right off rather than have emotional outbursts every time.

I know we go off topic all the time, but stop wasting posts talking about me. Ignore me and move on.

Conor 419

Banned
I just spoke to Dave-o and she said she's in if the time spot is suitable. I'll ask Wahrer as well. Someone let TheOddOne know about this list, I'm sure he'd be up for playing.

1. Conor 419
2. Arnie
3. Silly.Mikey
4. Mormapope
5. Mystery Guest
6. Kamikaze Ghazi
7. StalkerUKCG
8. Monsterfracas
10. DeadNames
11. Foxtrot
12. Devolution

Edit - Sorry Foxtrot, copied the wrong list.

Conor 419

Banned
No problem, chum.

1. Conor 419
2. Arnie
3. Silly.Mikey
4. Mormapope
5. Mystery Guest
6. Kamikaze Ghazi
7. StalkerUKCG
8. Monsterfracas