• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fracas

#fuckonami
Uh no offense to 343 devs, but maybe, just maybe, people are upset for legitimate reasons.

I mean yeah, at a certain point just stop playing the game, but criticism is more than fine.

edit: eh whatever, this argument's been gone through so much that it's pretty much pointless

JackHerer

No descoping at all? Not even in throwdown or "legendary slayer" (whatever that is)?

:(

Free Forge map is cool though. Would be nice if they gave a few hints as to what they plan to balance with the new TU's weapon "knobs".

Nowise10

Don't buy it, the most cynical people in here are some of the biggest Halo fans around. We've been shit on since Reach, and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.

So I guess because you haven't enjoyed the last 2 Halo games, that gives you a free pass to be a fucking douchebag?

k

Tunavi

Banned
Wouldn't be a panel if there wasn't a bad question.

Also I am taking a hiatus from posting this thread. It's a Halo community thread, but it's also one of the most negative places on gaf outside of the NBA thread and it's pretty difficult to have a conversation or even see a meaningful one happen with the troll hobbyists. I will continue to pay attention to criticism and ideas, but it's more and more counterproductive to be in here for the moment. There are a few people in here who would be banned anywhere else on gaf and a few people who I have to even wonder what they're doing in here.
It's negative because 343 and Certain Affinity aren't living up to the standards of Bungie pre-Reach.

Take some initiative. You are the Franchise Development Director of Halo.

So I guess because you haven't enjoyed the last 2 Halo games, that gives you a free pass to be a fucking douchebag?

k

Take 343s cock out of your mouth, and realize for a sec that there has been loads of legit criticisms pending and post release of halo 4. 343s we will look into it mentally is bullshit.

Also I am taking a hiatus from posting this thread. It's a Halo community thread, but it's also one of the most negative places on gaf outside of the NBA thread and it's pretty difficult to have a conversation or even see a meaningful one happen with the troll hobbyists. I will continue to pay attention to criticism and ideas, but it's more and more counterproductive to be in here for the moment. There are a few people in here who would be banned anywhere else on gaf and a few people who I have to even wonder what they're doing in here.

Honestly, i completely understand. Ive said it many times and these HaloGaf threads have constant negativity in them. And even if at times ive contributed to that, most the time its just fucking annoying.

I like Halo. I love it. And although its evolved a lot since 2, i still very much enjoy it and play 4 all the time. Some people in this forum really need to stop being afftected by this "im the center of the universe" syndrome and just fuckin enjoy.

That twich feed of ctf this morning looked fun as hell and yet you still have those stubborn Halo fans who refuse to admit it just cause it has ordanances. God damn.

See ya Frankie.

Fracas

#fuckonami

k
Outside of the few people who got banned over personal insults, no one here's been an ass.

If a game sucks, you are more than welcome to criticize it in any way. If you love the game, feel free to praise it as you see fit.

Of course it sucks that Frank doesn't feel welcome here (and he is welcome here, obviously), but if he doesn't want to deal with criticism, then ok.
Got the cable. Much love! His showed up as well lol

No problem dude!

Ramirez

Honestly, i completely understand. Ive said it many times and these HaloGaf threads have constant negativity in them. And even if at times ive contributed to that, most the time its just fucking annoying.

I like Halo. I love it. And although its evolved a lot since 2, i still very much enjoy it and play 4 all the time. Some people in this forum really need to stop being afftected by this "im the center of the universe" syndrome and just fuckin enjoy.

That twich feed of ctf this morning looked fun as hell and yet you still have those stubborn Halo fans who refuse to admit it just cause it has ordanances. God damn.

See ya Frankie.

Because it has ordnance? Auto pick up doesn't factor into that, or 343's(Bungie was shit at this too!) absurd base return times or anything like that, NOPE.

Fuchsdh

I need to go back through the thread more carefully, but here are a few highlights that stood out to me.

Damn, the Rev/Spectre looks pretty cool.. Halo 4 needed more vehicles, shame it was cut.

Reminded me of some of the CE cut vehicles--there was one with an elongated cab and separated turret in The Art of Halo, I think.

Forge Island is cool, and giving it away for free shows that 343 understands that's the only way it's going to be useful to 90% of people. Awesome. Can they be forced to download it though, like a TU?

k

No, but it gives us reasons to criticize the game and it's developers, especially when most of the things that are wrong with this game seems to lay with the developers making a game that wasn't made for Halo fans.

It also doesn't help that the developers claim that they "love" their beloved fanbase so much, and they listen to us, yet they never show that too be true.

Also, if HaloGAF wasn't so negative towards the game, I'd be sad. I only like this place and post here because other sites like Waypoint just fanboy over 343 and it's impossible to criticize the game, here more people share the negative mindset, so I feel better here. <3

Fotos

icnlNY.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
To be fair, Frankie and David say they are going to stop posting every other month because of people's bitching, then things die down, they start posting again until 343 inevitably screws something up again and the cycle begins anew.

u4iX

Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards. We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success. So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/09/The-Halo-Bulletin-1913.aspx

Can't wait for Halo 5.

You know what, fuck it. This panel has made it clear that Halo 4 will not change. I held onto the hope that they could make reparations. Sorry we mad Frankie, kills me every day to think about how much I used to love halo, and how I no longer own a Xbox because of 4s failure. Goddammit 343

It's negative because 343 and Certain Affinity aren't living up to the standards of Bungie pre-Reach.

Take some initiative. You are the Franchise Development Director of Halo.

He made it pretty clear that his posting hiatus is not due to people bitching about the game and wanting it to be better. It's the behavior that's too often accompanying it that's striking him as counter-productive.

Halo 4 sold less in the US in it's launch month than Halo 3 and Halo:Reach did, and Halo 4 has 25 days to sell in November, while Halo 3 had about 6 days and Reach had 15?

Halo 4 also sold less in it's launch in the UK than Reach or Halo 3.

If Halo 4 is now selling more than Halo 3 or Halo:Reach, it's because of the BOMBA price drop after a month, which is nothing to be proud of.

You know what, fuck it. This panel has made it clear that Halo 4 will not change. I held onto the hope that they could make reparations. Sorry we mad Frankie, kills me every day to think about how much I used to love halo, and how I no longer own a Xbox because of 4s failure. Goddammit 343

Halo4 is done and shipped. Theyre not gonna redesign the whole game at this point. They have a TU coming that is exactly community feedback. They do listen. The problem here is that nothing is ever good enough. A TU comes out addresing important stuff and then people bitch about what it hasnt adressed. At one point, whats the point of them even coming here anymore. Its the same complaints for months on end on repeat.

Ramirez

Halo4 is done and shipped. Theyre not gonna redesign the whole game at this point. They have a TU coming that is exactly community feedback. They do listen. The problem here is that nothing is ever good enough. A TU comes out addresing important stuff and then people bitch about what it hasnt adressed. At one point, whats the point of them even coming here anymore. Its the same complaints for months on end on repeat.

Maybe fix the complaints? lol

oh boy

u4iX

He made it pretty clear that his posting hiatus is not due to people bitching about the game and wanting it to be better. It's the behavior that's too often accompanying it that's striking him as counter-productive.

People don't magically stop bitching when the symptoms causing the bitching are left unfixed.

Regardless of what they plan on addressing, assuming that people will simply stop speaking out because you asked them to is ridiculous.

People are asked to stop eating McDonald's because it will kill them, but that doesn't even seem to be an adequate deterrent.

Expecting people, especially people on the internet, to not say bad things about you is insane. Expecting people who have a reason and understanding as to why they're upset to simply remain quiet per your request is practically insulting.

Tawpgun

Jesus I come back to the thread and its in the shit? What this panel did for me is give me expectations for the future of halo 4. They can change a lot about the game now to help it a long but some of our more far reaching demands like entire game types and options aren't happening. Sucks. Halo 4 launched sloppy. Maybe it's the in-pax slrp talking but the panel made me feel content with the future of halo 4.

Blinding

Glad I missed the panel if the only substantial news is Forge Island, wasn't really expecting 343i to admit that forcing things like auto flag pickup and instant respawn onto everyone wasn't the brightest idea on their part and change that by offering options, though it would've been nice.

Jesus I come back to the thread and its in the shit? What this panel did for me is give me expectations for the future of halo 4. They can change a lot about the game now to help it a long but some of our more far reaching demands like entire game types and options aren't happening. Sucks. Halo 4 launched sloppy. Maybe it's the in-pax slrp talking but the panel made me feel content with the future of halo 4.

Ive been waiting for this future Halo for months now...is it coming or not?

Colorado Lets goO!!!!

DeadNames

Banned

I agree tawpgun. I've never really been team slrp but you guys are overreacting a bit. Sure it's ridiculous that h4 didn't have the same amount of customs as bungle, but at least they're acknowledging their failures. Hopefully they'll learn from those mistakes and make halo 5 the best game they can make.

It will also appear front and center on your phone and we have been very clear about the how and why of this. If we put it in the game we massively incentivize cheating and abuse. You guys all know this. If you want to know your relative skill you can now see it at a glance. If you want e-peen comparison it is far from perfect.

Hey, you justified the removal of red X's and we got them back! Now you're justifying the removal of ingame ranks so does that mean we'll eventually get them back too?!

:D yiss

ban people who cheat

FyreWulff

Assuming the test HeH remake is to scale, that gives the island they built it on at least a 30x37 WU area. For the record, it's roughly 10 WUs tall.

This is what that looks like compared to Forge World

0GMR57zl.jpg

Hia3Gr8l.jpg

And Ravine:

rtWj6r0l.jpg

Top Bottom