• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fotos

We define power weapons as a tool of destruction that is capable of killing with a single shot. By their very nature, the needler and SAW do not fit that definition. However, as you noted, both are very deadly..

So the Boltshot is a power weapon and we can spawn with it?

Tawpgun

We define power weapons as a tool of destruction that is capable of killing with a single shot. By their very nature, the needler and SAW do not fit that definition. However, as you noted, both are very deadly.
Interesting.

I've always believed it was

-Power Weapon (Shotgun? Sword, Sniper, Rockets, Laser, etc.)
-Sub-Power Weapon (Needler, GL, Sticky Det, etc.)
-Starter weapons (AR, BR, Pistols)

So in Halo 4 it seems like
-Power Weapon
-Ordnance Weapon (theres some overlap here)
-Loadout weapon

Seance

Banned
They're probably sub-power weapons. SAW might be a power weapon idk.

Nowhere near as powerful as a sniper or rocket

In my mind, i've always classified a power weapon as anything capable of a 1sk.
e.g. Mauler in MLG setting of Halo3 is capable of a 1sk, so i consider it a power weapon. I don't think there is any "official" definition though.

Rocket/In Can are not available through personal ordnance are they?

Edit: Beaten by someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

Monday - Latest press embargo lifts, possibly giving us Mantis and Ragnarok details.
Tuesday - Thursday War is released.
Wednesday - Bulletin

Should be a good week for Halo geeks. NYCC is only 11 days away!

-------
For some reason I feel like Thursday War has been promoted less than previous books. I guess it's due to the onslaught of Halo 4 news, the FUD series, and the fact that HaloFest last year gave 343 more convention panel time than usual. That, or I'm just jumping the gun and we'll see more book promotion this week.

In my mind, i've always classified a power weapon as anything capable of a 1sk.
e.g. Mauler in MLG setting of Halo3 is capable of a 1sk, so i consider it a power weapon. I don't think there is any "official" definition though.

Rocket/In Can are not available through personal ordnance are they?

I'd say a power weapon is anything that can kill within a certain time frame. This would allow the Saw to fit in with the other power weapons.

cocamola

Banned

I know this guy in real life. The funny thing is that he isn't that good at Halo. he literally stayed at eurogamer for 4days straight doing nothing but Halo 4.

By that time you get used to the TV's and probably play as good as you would at home.

Tawpgun

I'd say a power weapon is anything that can kill within a certain time frame. This would allow the Saw to fit in with the other power weapons.

Interesting point was brought up about the Boltshot. I wanna try it out on the 13th. It looks like a halo 2 pistol with the capability of being turned into a mauler.
But you can spawn with it

For some reason I feel like Thursday War has been promoted less than previous books. I guess it's due to the onslaught of Halo 4 news, the FUD series, and the fact that HaloFest last year gave 343 more convention panel time than usual. That, or I'm just jumping the gun and we'll see more book promotion this week.

I would agree with everything you said. Normally we'd get something like an excerpt in the Bulletin/Weekly Update, and a prominent role for the author in panels and such at other public events. Silentium's not getting too much attention either.

Got an email from Amazon telling me my hardcover copy shipped.

I pretty much go around bruising people all the time in my campaign runs. Sadly my cap card is toast, and I'm not getting another one until I've got the new comp to go with it.

I have no way of streaming but would like to halp

Wood, get some dates and some facts and hopefully I'm available.

Here are the details.
http://www.extra-life.org/

If anyone is interested PM and I'll give you my email so we can communicate.

Computron

Lol, I ran into someone on Halo 3 BTB with one of these:
bygJL.jpg

Filled with Arnold and Duke 'Nukem qoutes,
that was fun... For about 2 minutes...

"PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!"

Interesting point was brought up about the Boltshot. I wanna try it out on the 13th. It looks like a halo 2 pistol with the capability of being turned into a mauler.
But you can spawn with it

You bite your tongue!

That gameplay makes the MLG pro gameplay look like babby's first Halo!

I remember watching all that MLG footage and wondering to myself "why aren't these guys running up those ramps from the bottom or just moving around that map better?" Same goes for all the other Haven footage I've seen. The guy in that vid moves around the map (and his actions in general) similar to my playstyle and he's clearly using Dexterity.. couple that in with the faster overall feel to the game and you got yourself one happy Halo fan :D

This game..! CAN'T WAIT!

Your brain on Halo 4:
ZRpH7.jpg

Halo 4 is looking like it is bringing back Halo 1 levels of fun factor for campaign and Halo 2 levels of fun factor for multiplayer based off Halo 3 and Reach ideas. You definitely know this is a 343i game.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, now that everyone is getting a hardcore Halo itch from all of this new info, who's going to be playing (lol)reach/Halo3 more often?

Tawpgun

So, regarding the Light Rifle(gonna start calling it LR) vs BR...

Why would anyone choose the BR over the LR? Maybe kill times are slightly different, but it seems like the LR is much better due to its abilities when zoomed.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So, now that everyone is getting a hardcore Halo itch from all of this new info, who's going to be playing (lol)reach/Halo3 more often?

For now, I'll occasionally be on a Halo game.
For the next couple weeks I'll be busy with Borderlands 2. I might go against my better judgement and get RE6, but I doubt it. Then a month from now, I'll be playing ACIII.

And then on November 6th, I go into a Halo coma for the next year.

Why would anyone choose the BR over the LR? Maybe kill times are slightly different, but it seems like the LR is much better due to its abilities when zoomed.

Based on what bobs had said, it seemed to be purely a preference thing. He said he couldn't get a feel for the LR. The variety seemed to have served a good purpose in that regard. Players could just totally play more comfortably with the BR's gameplay moreso than they could with an LR, despite how much better the LR can be on paper.

G17

Personal Ordnance + SAW + Thruster pack would be a deadly combo on the map. One of the reasons I think I'll stay with Team Slayer.

SAW seems a bit OP.. needs more recoil!

Korosenai

Lol, I ran into someone on Halo 3 BTB with one of these:
bygJL.jpg

Filled with Arnold and Duke 'Nukem qoutes,
that was fun... For about 2 minutes...

"PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN!"
My friend had one of those and would try to catch people (and me) off guard and record their voice when they did something stupid.

Seance

Banned

scope delay? aim mechanics (including aim-assist levels)? Plenty of things to consider over raw damage output per second...

Ken

UNSC pride.

Gray Man

Banned
I would agree with everything you said. Normally we'd get something like an excerpt in the Bulletin/Weekly Update, and a prominent role for the author in panels and such at other public events. Silentium's not getting too much attention either.

Got an email from Amazon telling me my hardcover copy shipped.

You don't think it would be like some sort of damage control do you?

Top Bottom