• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Kibbles

So 4 more hours. Eh I'll see if I'm still up, I got to get up early and try and hassle USPS about my lost iPhone 5. The sender had the right address but USPS said maybe someone else's label got caught on it because they scanned it and the code the postmaster had for it tells him it was delivered on the other side of town. They said they'll get back to me on Monday about it. I don't know wtf that means they are going to do, I hope they can give me the address they dropped it off at, unless the other person was kind enough to return it to the mail carrier.

Fuchsdh

What's Thursday War about anyway? I haven't paid much attention to it since it's Karen Travis related.

Also yeah, the Greg Bear cover arts are way better.

Hnnnnnnnng.

Hopefully I have some videos to wake up to tomorrow.

It's about humanity snapping up Forerunner tech to make the cool stuff we will be seeing in Halo 4, and how the Elites crack into the factions we see in the game too. Hoping it stands on its own as well though.

CyReN

TOsmile.gif

ptoFR.jpg

Vire

Now I don't know if I should stay up with all the Ellis teases...

Ah well, it'll be waiting for me tomorrow morning I guess.

What if Forge and Theater's super duper pro versions had subscriptions and came with the LE? Along with the Ranking system which follows a similar subscription system?

ohgodwhathaveidone.sf2

Yep. It's a FPS that supports up to 2000 players at once with a sandbox on par with Halo's.

So what's happening here then? There is one faction having a race. At the same time, the opponents are trying to wreak havoc is it?

Was the race established by the game or was it some player made thing?

Too many questions :p

I feel like there might be something coming soonish that will scratch that particular itch.
Is anyone else concerned that 343i people keep talking about "things that will scratch itches"? Why is this their go-to lexicon? Just what the hell is going on in that studio?

On a related note: can't wait to get my Valhalla-remake itch scratched.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
just got matched against two (ten?) year olds

One of them was like 'OOOOOOOH A LEGEND! OMG OMG HE'S A PRESTIGE FOUR!!!!'

hahahahaha!!! prestiges in my halo?!!

MrBig

So what's happening here then? There is one faction having a race. At the same time, the opponents are trying to wreak havoc is it?

Was the race established by the game or was it some player made thing?

Too many questions :p

This was just a small Clan that got some guys together to do a race from one side of that continent to the other. The game is hosted on massive servers that always have many battles going on, so anything that happens like this is always open to whatever is happening on the continent.

I couldn't find someone who recorded the full length of that race unfortunately

senador

Banned

I would agree that there only about 100 people that give a fuck about Forge. :p

So 4 more hours. Eh I'll see if I'm still up, I got to get up early and try and hassle USPS about my lost iPhone 5. The sender had the right address but USPS said maybe someone else's label got caught on it because they scanned it and the code the postmaster had for it tells him it was delivered on the other side of town. They said they'll get back to me on Monday about it. I don't know wtf that means they are going to do, I hope they can give me the address they dropped it off at, unless the other person was kind enough to return it to the mail carrier.

USPS for iPhone 5? Where did you order it? That doesn't seem right.

zap

Bobs' writeup and the gameplay Cyren posted has got me really hyped. Damn the game looks good.

My thoughts:
- SAW looks super powerful, is there any counter other than run once they have seen you?
- Stopping moving when pressing the back button would be really frustrating, hope it's a glitch.
- The Sticky Detonator is growing on me, watching competant people use it reminds me more and more of the GL from Reach.
-Medals looks wonky, it seems like they'd be hard to notice while playing

Fracas

#fuckonami
I would agree that there only about 100 people that give a fuck about Forge. :p

If the only improvements are the stuff shown at RTX, then I'm not really interested.

However, if there's more Forge news on the way, I'd imagine there's something we haven't seen yet

There are only 99 others. Actually, I like your Think Twice map.

Really? Good to hear, as it was highly experimental and very gimmicky and as a result only really suited those who didn't mind the casual play. Very simplistic in layout to emphasize the gimmicky-ness of the center. I've been working on the successor for H4 since the MLG gameplay was released of Adrift and Haven. Been working between Reach forge and Sketchup to make it less gimmicky and ensure that it utilizes the mechanic in a map that is hopefully a little more competitive oriented and suited towards H4's mechanics. I'll be sharing it soon via a Unity Webplayer walkthrough.

Hoping this soon-to-be forge reveal gives me some info on the new limitations in H4 so I can plan accordingly.

EDIT: Damn end of page for both 50ppp and 100ppp. :( lol...

Top Bottom