• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fotos

You bumped another OT? WTF is wrong with you? How fucking dumb are you?

hahaha

finalmantis.png

Wow that actually looks real.

willow ve

Question: Why are they old exactly? Why do people just stop posting in one OT and move on to another?

Now there is an arbitrary 20,000 post limit. However it's not a hard number and the old threads aren't closed, deleted, archived, etc.... I don't know why the 20,000 post number came into effect, but it seems to be widely accepted. Wasn't there some old Halo 3 threads that hit 100,000 posts?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Now there is an arbitrary 20,000 post limit. However it's not a hard number and the old threads aren't closed, deleted, archived, etc.... I don't know why the 20,000 post number came into effect, but it seems to be widely accepted. Wasn't there some old Halo 3 threads that hit 100,000 posts?

Psst. I think that was a test question for the new guy.

The 20,000 Post limit is because Mega Threads before of 40,000+ posts would crash severs and cause horrendous Search times, Its also much faster to archive a 20,000 Post thread than a 100,000 post thread.

Basically Huge threads are a drain on a resource that is not needed. The threads are supposed to be locked i think but this is obviously a pretty laxed system because the bigger communities like us play a honor rules type system and stop posting once 20,000 is hit. With small exceptions.

bGanci

Banned
how sentimental will the chief and arbiters reunion be? Will we get a sighting from a distance then a dramatic slow mo run..and the chief jumps into the arbiters arms?

He was listening, which is a shame because Jaime talking about games is gold. Jaime, come on a Sparkast!

Seconded. I'd love to hear him on another Sparkast, the Anniversary one was excellent.

-------
I'd also love to hear his honest, unfiltered opinion of the Reach and Halo 4 sandboxes, but I'm sure that's too private/impolite a topic for a podcast. I often wish I could just share a beer with my favorite game devs and pick their brains, some of my favorite PAX moments have been candid discussions with industry people.

Shit, just woke up after an all-night bout of freelance work and didn't read back far enough through the thread.

It's ok, I have graded your paper and have deemed you *acceptable to continue posting in this thread.

*My results are not sanctioned by any governing body and, as a result, are the equivalent in worth to Elzar's only testical.

Question: Why are they old exactly? Why do people just stop posting in one OT and move on to another?
Because the new thing is there, reveling in it's new hotness and shaking it's scantily-clad appearance in your face. How could anyone but the most devout and dedicated to the old and familiar resist the near-sexual appeal of the newness? Can one be blamed for wanting to watch a flower bloom while another simultaneously withers and dies?

Such are the questions explored in Halo 5, when Cortana gets replaced with Olivia Wilde.

Dear IGN,
We don't care about your review of the latest episode of Revolution. Give us the new Halo 4 map article.

Sincerely,
The Xbox Community

Don't tease us in such ways

That first episode of Revolution can totally be skipped if you watched the trailer... lol. Made it hard to get into at first since the trailer pretty much covered everything that happened. Still gotta watch the latest episode though. :)

But yes... give us new map please.

heckfu

Banned
Dear IGN,
We don't care about your review of the latest episode of Revolution. Give us the new Halo 4 map article.

Sincerely,
The Xbox Community

Don't tease us in such ways
Please don't speak for me when asking for IGN articles. I'd rather they just burn it.

DesertFox

That first episode of Revolution can totally be skipped if you watched the trailer... lol. Made it hard to get into at first since the trailer pretty much covered everything that happened. Still gotta watch the latest episode though. :)

But yes... give us new map please.

Yeah it was a pretty weak pilot, but the series does kind of look promising. I've got last nights episode on my DVR for later.

Did they say around what time they were going to reveal it?

Not sure, hopefully they don't keep us waiting too long. Can't be any worse than the timeframe for the bulletin delivery though.

Please don't speak for me when asking for IGN articles. I'd rather they just burn it.

Typically I scroll past any written words, and linger on the images. This is the only way to "read" IGN articles. Wish 343 had given the reveal to someone else...

JHall

Video from Walshy

I don't know if this was posted, but it's extremely informative. Getting multi kills because of a well placed insta-splode on Middy in H3 was one of the only things I enjoyed in that game.

Such are the questions explored in Halo 5, when Cortana gets replaced with Olivia Wilde.
In a sea of "how dumb are you" and "why can't I bump all the threads" posts, one rises above the others to sit on the throne of greatest post ever.

No idea, although you can rest assured that there isn't much of an editorial process, so pretty much as soon as its written.

A new challenger appears!

Well I didn't win the auction for the Puerto Rican cat helmet. Ugh, I really regret not getting the Halo 3 Legendary Edition at launch. It is the only Halo LE I don't have.

Thursday War on Kindle time!

Demoncarnotaur bringin in the downer caboose 'bout FUD.

At least it's all well reasoned!

Yeah, I think I said enough there is to say about it from the material thats released so far. I'm not trying to be down on or overtly critical, the things I listed literally attributed to me not enjoying the trailer. Instead of being pumped I was left with a sort of deflated 'uh-oh' feeling, it just didn't do it for me. I really hope it changes my mind once it launches, but until then I can't get as excited as I want to be.

I will say this though- A few people mentioned that I am being overly critical about something that will be released for free. Ultimately, it isn't being released for free, not entirely at least. It is a factor of the price of the LE and it is getting a Blu-Ray release. Ultimately, no matter how official material is released I think there should be a level of quality, and I can't really choose how much I like something due to that. Im not looking for blockbuster visuals from Hollywood or top notch tv shows, Im just looking for something that doesn't make me cringe when watching it.

Actually, I've got an even better idea! Let's just use a .txt based database. Then just continuously open and close millions of file streams. I'm sure we can find a way to nest these too. That shouldn't put a strain on server RAM or CPU resources. We should probably serialize all the data before puting them into the .txt files too, just to ensure consistency...or something.

No idea, although you can rest assured that there isn't much of an editorial process, so pretty much as soon as its written.

pVSdF.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have so many books to read. I just bought Carl Sagan's book too... Not sure I'll have time to finish Cryptum, Primordium, Glasslands, and Thursday War all before next month...

Top Bottom