• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

PsychoRaven said:
Meh that don't bother me. The guys at Giantbomb have never been Halo fans. So whatever they say goes in one ear and out the other when it comes to Halo.

They need to be Halo fans to give an honest preview? Get a grip.

GhaleonEB said:
Tweaking Vehicles

One thing that many of you have asked about following the beta is how vehicles are being adjusted for the final game. The vehicles, like everything else, were a work-in-progress at the time of the beta and things have indeed changed since then. Sage and Josh gave me the lowdown on what to expect in September (still subject to fine tuning):

• Overall vehicles are "much, much meatier" than they were in the Beta.
  • Vehicles will no longer just explode on their own, "GTA style." Vehicles will only blow up from direct player damage. So, no more killing an opponent and flying away only to have your flaming vehicle suddenly explode on you.
  • Vehicle damage will now partially transfer to the player, just like you're used to in Halo 3. You'll see this represented in your own shield/health meter as your vehicle takes damage.
  • Even cooler - the damage that a player takes depends on the location of the damage being done relative to the player. So, if you throw a grenade underneath a Warthog, the driver is going to take a little bit of damage. If you throw a grenade into the sun roof or windshield, the driver will take significantly more damage.
http://halo.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=280

Sounds perfect! Thanks a lot :).

(The damage being reflective of the location is great)

Kapura

Banned
Kraut said:
Now, anyone want to do ODST firefight achievements or vidmasters at around 6 pst?
I'm down. My GT's Kapura, and I need the hell outta the two most difficult Vidmasters on ODST. I'mma be spamming invites in 25 minutes, so beware, GAF.

ElRenoRaven

SuperAwesome said:
They need to be Halo fans to give an honest preview? Get a grip.

How about you not put words in my mouth for me. I never said any such thing. I simply said they've never liked Halo and have always disliked it. Hence I don't let their opinions bother me. They could be good or bad. I really wouldn't give a damn what they think.

PsychoRaven said:
How about you not put words in my mouth for me. I never said any such thing. I simply said they've never liked Halo and have always disliked it. Hence I don't let their opinions bother me. They could be good or bad. I really wouldn't give a damn what they think.

Putting words in your mouth? You said they weren't fans. That doesn't mean they dislike it. Congrats.

Gui_PT

The Beta,
it's SuperAwesome
(Today, 01:44 AM)

He didn't exactly use the right words, but he is correct. They're obviously biased and their reviews do not deserve any attention.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oozer3993 said:
Scanned my copy (click for hilariously big):

I didn't notice before, but the Chief is sportin' a Halo: Reach AR.

I expected bigger, I've seen bigger, I leave un-impressed.

(that's what she said)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Are the new book covers the "bigger" size of Ghosts of Onyx and Contact Harvest, etc?
It kinda bugs me that my old copies of the first three books are so tiny and don't match on the shelf. They're also super worn out.

Kraut

Kapura said:
I'm down. My GT's Kapura, and I need the hell outta the two most difficult Vidmasters on ODST. I'mma be spamming invites in 25 minutes, so beware, GAF.

GT is Fais. Send me a message when you're ready.

Jtwo said:
Are the new book covers the "bigger" size of Ghosts of Onyx and Contact Harvest, etc?
It kinda bugs me that my old copies of the first three books are so tiny and don't match on the shelf. They're also super worn out.
Yeah, and I like the books more that way. They're also reissuing CH and GoO like the smaller books, which makes me glad I got the larger ones.

Oozer3993

Jtwo said:

Well mine's big *cue Michael Scott*

Gui_PT said:
The Beta,
it's SuperAwesome
(Today, 01:44 AM)

He didn't exactly use the right words, but he is correct. They're obviously biased and their reviews do not deserve any attention.
Everybody is biased. They're also hilarious. But of course YMMV.

Edit: Yeah, I can't seem to avoid that Samsung commercial. The beginning is such a rip of Halo it's not even funny. Freaked me out when I first saw it thinking the Reach media blitz had begun.

ElRenoRaven

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Has anyone seen the Samsung galaxy S phone commercial? They're gonna get sued for blatantly ripping off Halo. They even used Master Chief's armor.

Oh yea it's obvious. The look of it combined with the timing of the commercials is just blatant. I think Microsoft going after them wouldn't be that far fetched.

Kapura

Banned
God is telling me I'm not getting Deja Vu tonight. I'mma install the disk to a drive and maybe try again another night.

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Ghaleon said he could try again in an hour and a half if needed.
Yup, once the kids are in bed I'm free for the night. Deja Vu is hilarious so I'm always game for a run.

(Random note: this is what I was laughing at while we were on. Keep scrolling.)

feel

^^^ :lol :lol awesome thread

OuterWorldVoice said:
details? :D

Kibbles said:
So apparently
after you beat the campaign there is a message saying sign into XBL to unlock MP maps. Maybe this was part of the map seen in the Bnet pictures.

(not a storyline spoiler or anything, but people are picky here so I'm spoilering it anyways)
yes!!!!!
please let this mean that there's more than 9 mp maps

Kapura

Banned
Sounds good guys. I installed ODST to dick, gonna see if it can load now then turn it off. I also called Gamestop within earshot of my Xbox and asked what kinda trade-in credit I could get for it, so it knows it's on its last legs. Turns out I can get almost $100 towards a slim for my setup.

Mission does load, so maybe we can get on later and kick the shit out of the covenant. again.

Shake Appeal said:
I got to 4 kills and then my teammate shotgunned me. WELL, THAT'S ME FOR THE NIGHT.

In 23 more games, I will have played more Halo 3 than Halo 2. Considering that the 360 has had many more games demanding my time, that Halo 2 had a longer lifespan than Halo 3 has had, and that Left 4 Dead 1&2 exist, that's kind of amazing. I know 3,299 games isn't many to some of you, but damn I have played a lot of Halo.
Ugh tell me about it. I got 4 kills but on the 5th guy apparently, we hit each other with melee at the same time and we both died. I was more than a little pissed.

Lunchbox

Banned
Did Nylund come up with the name "reach." or was it canon before he wrote it? if he came up with it, is he getting a cut now that bungie made a game off it?

its a terrible name. home of the spartans shold've been called sparta

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Lunchbox said:
Did Nylund come up with the name "reach." or was it canon before he wrote it? if he came up with it, is he getting a cut now that bungie made a game off it?

The book came out in Oct and the game came out in November, If I had to guess I'd say he was told a lot of the canon and given the Halo Bible is what he said right?

Kapura

Banned
Hey You said:
Ouch. You must really want those achievements.
Hey, man, some people don't have the stones to get all them ones an' zeros tattooed irreparably to their unit (my "hard drive" one might say) but I'll be god damned if those last two vidmasters are gonna prevent me from a perfect 1000/1000

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
Yup, once the kids are in bed I'm free for the night. Deja Vu is hilarious so I'm always game for a run.

(Random note: this is what I was laughing at while we were on. Keep scrolling.)

:lol :lol I <3 GAF

Kapura

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
The book came out in Oct and the game came out in November, If I had to guess I'd say he was told a lot of the canon and given the Halo Bible is what he said right?
brother fall of reach was published originally like 3 or 4 years ago.

9 years ago. I lied.

ElRenoRaven

Kapura said:
Hey, man, some people don't have the stones to get all them ones an' zeros tattooed irreparably to their unit (my "hard drive" one might say) but I'll be god damned if those last two vidmasters are gonna prevent me from a perfect 1000/1000

You sir win 1,000 internets for making me laugh tonight.

feel

Lunchbox said:

It's mentioned in the first cutscene of Halo Combat Evolved.

Top Bottom