• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Hardware) July 2008 NPD Predictions - Closes August 8 @ 8 pm (countdown clock in OP)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
[360] 275K
[NDS] 550K
[PS2] 125K
[PS3] 270K
[PSP] 300K
[WII] 600K

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Karma said:
Looking over the thread seems most show the PS3 outselling the 360.

Hold that thought. Microsoft might be on top both here and in Media Create in Japan. I expect an epic press release tonight.

Pasco

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Microsoft might be on top both here and in Media Create in Japan. I expect an epic press release tonight.

Yeah, although I can only imagine it all feels a bit hollow for them since they'll basically be jumping for joy over coming a very distant second place :|

Then again, they are PR people, maybe they always feel hollow?

jimbo

Banned
Pasco said:
Yeah, although I can only imagine it all feels a bit hollow for them since they'll basically be jumping for joy over coming a very distant second place :|

The Wii is the elephant in the corner of the room though.

Gaborn

I can't believe so many people are saying they forgot it was NPD day, I always keep track of when it's coming :lol :lol :lol :lol

Pasco -

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats’ feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death’s other Kingdom
Remember us—if at all—not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

More here

FrankT

Karma said:
Looking over the thread seems most show the PS3 outselling the 360.

The analysts and SimExchange have it the opposite in fact. Exactly they way I see it playing out as well.

I forgot about this tonight too. Future Publishing announced today that they're closing my favourite gaming forum (the UK GamesRadar forum, I've been a member for about 7-8 years - from all the way back when it used to be Daily Radar. The main website's gone to hell in recent years but the UK forum was still great). So yeah, I've been pretty distracted by that :(

Gaborn

Sadist said:
The thread's here in 25 minutes, right?

Within about 10 minutes of 6:30 EDT it should be posted. More accurately, it can potentially be here in 20 minutes from this post, but not earlier.

Pasco said:

MS and Sony PR are going to keep ignoring the Wii and passing it off as though it doesn't matter. They're going to instead exchange blows over which is the best-selling "HD console" or "next-gen console."

Of course, Sony won't ever stop using "Playstation Family" stats :lol

jimbo

Banned
Gaborn said:
Within about 10 minutes of 6:30 EDT it should be posted. More accurately, it can potentially be here in 20 minutes from this post, but not earlier.

Gotta love sales-age. :lol

radjago said:
My fiancee just made popcorn. We're ready.
Oh and this. I actually really do believe this, as I get my ice cream ready.

Sadist

Karma said:
Plenty of time to play another game of Command and Conquer.
:lol

It's almost time for bed here, so I just take a quick peek and then go to bed. Maybe a quick game of Fire Emblem.

Aeris130

Sadist said:
:lol

It's almost time for bed here, so I just take a quick peek and then go to bed. Maybe a quick game of Fire Emblem.

Same. One quickie so I can sleep well, knowing that 1000 replies of meltdowns and bans waits for me when I get up.

Top Bottom