• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has a computer game ever made you cry?

Back when they were a small dynamic company under Trip Hawkins, EA once ran a great advertisement asking "Can a computer make you cry?"
can-a-computer-make-you-cry.jpg

Well . . . it has been like 20 years since then . . . has a computer game ever made you cry?

I've been moved emotionally by some games (Bioshock) but I don't think one has ever made me cry . . . has there been a game that made you cry?

This thread inspired by the Have any films ever made you tear up/cry? thread in OT.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe I did during one particular, unexpected scene toward the end of The Longest Journey.

MGS4. I bought into the ending and the fake ending and the long ending. I cried my eyes out. It was the end of Snake's story. It's sad, even if the game is a letdown and the Meryl relationship with Snake is wasted and the game's overall story is garbage.

The_End

There were a couple of moments during Suikoden II that I found fairly moving. But I didn't even come close to actually crying. And that's the closest that I've ever come.

So I guess the answer is No.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I cry every time my helicopter gets silently 1-hit killed by a laser-guided munition. Tears of rage, obviously.

Pretty close, i dont think iv ever actually cried but when iv been emotional for what ever reason and a sad scene happens in a game im pretty choked up.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 caused me to shed a few tears.

999 came pretty damn close. I probably would have teared up if I still wasn't trying to make sense of everything.

i-Lo

I am an emotional and empathetic individual. As such I tear up easily during watching emotion tv show or movie. In games it's harder, however. Still for me it was conclusion of these games.

1. FFX

2. MGS3

3. SoTC (a profound sense of sorrow and joy. Yet to play ICO)

As graphics keep on improving accompanying better faces and facial animations, more people would be able to empathize further.

feel

Off the top of my head I remember getting watery eyes during the Metal Gear Solid 3 ending, at the end of the Mass Effect 2 prologue, during one of the last levels of Flower, HL2 Episode 2 ending, when I got into the first vehicle in Halo 3's level The Covenant and the music of a similar scene from Halo 1 kicked in, during Journey beta coop..

Ketch

Someone explain this to me :/

Not trying to be evil or anything, but this is the thread for games that made you cry so I watched that whole video thinking (hoping) it was either going to get away or his save would be corrupted or something.

That's pretty impressive dedication I guess.... any pokefreaks out there know if it's worth any real money or anything?

Katawa Shoujo is the sole video game that has ever made me cry. Come join us, and understand how to get in touch with your emotions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457792

CorvoSol

Lego Island. Pepper's story was just so *sniff* beautiful.

Okay, no, in all honesty, I think the only time I ever really cried was "Snake . . . had a hard life." Wait, what am I saying? MGS3's ending, too.

When I get to the end of a long chapter in Fire Emblem and my character dies from a critical hit that had a 3% chance of connecting.

But seriously, Mother 3 and Elite Beat Agents Christmas level have come the closest.

Top Bottom