• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has any bad guy in history been nerfed to this level? (warning: GIFs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you're right. I guess after they lost all that awesome Pre-Empire technology, they had to resort to cloning them the old fashioned way........

The clones were elite products, and were only a small number. The Galactic Empire's army was many times larger and cheaper to use conscript forces than buying clones which also age at double normal rate. The GE went with quantity over quality as it was much much larger than the GAR

Jango was chosen as the template for the army that couldn't shoot straight. So someone must have thought he was tough.

Clone troopers are not storm troopers. Clone troopers could actually hit things.

Mudkips

Banned
Megatron in TF2 and 3. He becomes someone's bitch and gets taken out like nothing.

Megatron kills Prime and is nearly killed himself. The Starscream dumps Megatron out into space and declares himself the leader of the Decepticons. Megatron is summoned by Unicron, who rebuilds him into Galvatron and provides him with a small force to command.

Galvatron then crashes Starscreams coronation ceremony and blows him to shit, and steps on his fucking crown.

What'd he say his name was?
Galvatron.

All hail Galvatron! All hail Galvatron!

DemiMatt

Video game related

200px-Magus2.png

Magus, Chrono Trigger, as soon as he joins the party,

In the boss fight he has 6666HP, he will have 230 normal defence and 132 magical defences against the elements of light, shadow, water and ice. To stand a chance to defeat him you must colour-code magic attacks against him and use the strongest sword, the Masamune.

He then joined my team with a measly 650 HP, 154 overall defence and barely and no armour's magic defence against the individual magical elements. The whole team struggled to take him down before (possibly twice), and now he's just as vulnerable as anyone else.

But Magus' power gets drained from Lavos, so even when you combat him the 2nd time he is in a much weekend state. So when you fight him the 2nd time he only has a fraction of his original powers and stats, which is what you get when you get him (ok maybe the states are nerfed but to have a boss with 650HP that late game come on!)

JGS

Banned
trinity had already killed an agent, neo proved their shit could get wrecked straight up in a fight. Agents lost a lot of the ohshit factor because they were suddenly losing, defeating them seemed possible all of a sudden. besides, its not like the normal good guys ever fought an agent and won.
The only agent I saw Trinity kill was the one distracted by Neo. Assuming Morpheus was the peak outside of Neo (Who shouldn't even have to fight them), everyone would physically have to know new tricks to defeat them or even get more than a lucky punch in.

Not a big issue because I love the fights.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know the Borg were super powerfull and all but Species 8472 were the only ones who kicked their ass and would of actually beaten them completely if Voyager didnt interfere.

Speaking of a nerf, 8472 went from planet-destroying, Borg exterminating badasses screaming "THE WEAK WILL PERISH" to being so scared of one human ship that they'll go to the negotiating table and talk peace while appearing as beloved Starfleet Academy gardner Boothby in three episodes flat.

Goddamn.

MMaRsu

Banned
I never did watch season 7 of Voyager. I remember being extremely pissed as a kid that the last episode of season 6 ended on a fucking to be continued, with no way to watch it but to wait till it hit tv screens here in The Netherlands. I actually REALLY enjoyed Voyager back in the day as a kid, as it was my first real ST I followed. Also watched some DS9 later but it wasnt as good as Voyager I thought.

Still havent watched DS9 yet, but is it worth it to watch Voyager S7?

I would say the Wraith from SGA were a better example, because by season 2 they had been reduced from "Needs a whole magazine to take a single wraith out" to "takes 1-2 handgun bullet to down them". As the series goes on, it becomes rarer and rarer for the wraith to be damage resilient.
This pretty much happened with the Jaffa in SG-1, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom