• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

macklelol

Ugh, why does Tengaku have to have so many hold notes? This is gonna be way more frustrating to get a high score on than I thought.

I really want to see how well Miku performed in the U.S and other Western markets.

I think between PS3 and Vita it has done well enough to warrant bringin f 2nd

Step

I'll give it a try and play as hard as I can, I hope I don't get utterly destroyed with the scores you guys submit like the Cat Food challenge haha.

Storm360

Can someone tell me where about's Tengaku is in the songlist? Last thing I unlocked was Unhappy Refrain before my Vita battery died.

I want to join that contest since I usually have only one or two mistakes for that song. But I am a dirty peasant who only owns the R3 Japanese version. Have fun, I guess?

I want to join that contest since I usually have only one or two mistakes for that song. But I am a dirty peasant who only owns the R3 Japanese version. Have fun, I guess?

You're free to put a score in, but if you're not competing for the prize just make a note of it. Though, if you plan to get a US/Canada copy of the game in the future it could still be useful.

pariah164

I will declare it here and now: I already have the song pack and the Snow Miku module. I don't NEED the extra characters right away; I can always buy them later. So if I win (ha fat chance), a runner-up can have my prize.

pariah164

Sorry for the double, but hell yeah!

cGlVmdy.jpg

Took me far too long to Perfect that. Damn Star notes...

Wynnebeck

Banned
So, after a few tries, I got a good score on Tengaku, but I want to get my Fines down before I submit my score. This takes me back to my DDR/SM days lol.

ramyeon

I'm totally new to rhythm games, in fact I generally suck at them whenever I've tried them, but I'm loving this. I was doing Normal mode using the Survival challenge item to get more DP but some of the songs I'd unlocked were kicking my ass (Summer Idol :/) so I decided I'd first go through everything on Easy. It is definitely much easier... not an issue at all to get Excellent on my first time through a song with Mega Survival on for that DP. Still yet to get a Perfect - my closest was two mistakes off of getting one.

I have to say the scratch stars are some BS though. If theres some friction on the screen and my finger doesn't swipe when I want it to it's really easy to get an Awful. I've just resorted to moving my finger up and down on the screen as quick as I can since they always give Good or Cool that way... seems kinda... pointless though.

And yes there's an item that lets you use button presses to do the stars but it limits you to Standard maximum. Which is kind of completely useless.

I'm totally new to rhythm games, in fact I generally suck at them whenever I've tried them, but I'm loving this. I was doing Normal mode using the Survival challenge item to get more DP but some of the songs I'd unlocked were kicking my ass (Summer Idol :/) so I decided I'd first go through everything on Easy. It is definitely much easier... not an issue at all to get Excellent on my first time through a song with Mega Survival on for that DP. Still yet to get a Perfect - my closest was two mistakes off of getting one.

I have to say the scratch stars are some BS though. If theres some friction on the screen and my finger doesn't swipe when I want it to it's really easy to get an Awful. I've just resorted to moving my finger up and down on the screen as quick as I can since they always give Good or Cool that way... seems kinda... pointless though.

And yes there's an item that lets you use button presses to do the stars but it limits you to Standard maximum. Which is kind of completely useless.
Don't get into that bad habit; the sequel coming out in Japan doubles down on the scratch notes and I would imagine they've done a bit to make that strategy not work anymore.

I'm confused how you are building enough friction that you can't trigger a scratch; how hard are you pressing down on the screen? The Vita touchscreen is sensitive enough you barely have to even touch the screen. I just end up lightly gliding my thumb over it before returning my thumb to the buttons. My only complaint with the scratches is the expanded timing window; they really should be graded just as strictly as normal inputs and the wide window is only creating bad player habits.

I'm confused how you are building enough friction that you can't trigger a scratch; how hard are you pressing down on the screen?

I feel like this is something that could vary from person to person due to various skin types, oils, sweat, etc. I have a similar problem to ramyeon, where I sometimes have trouble scratching with good timing due to friction. I have found that if I scrub the tip of my thumb on my pants for a few seconds first, it works well, but after a few minutes, the problem starts to re-emerge. I get what you're saying about the timing, but I personally appreciate it, since it would be really annoying to fail tech zones or miss perfect attempts just because my fingers happen to sweat a bit more than average, or whatever.

ZeroX03

Banned
I too am having similar trouble with the scratching parts. Both the front and back touch screens will misread or just plain ignore scratching inputs. If I put my whole finger on the screen and make big gestures it's fine, but I end up obscuring my own view of the screen which is an equally annoying issue. Wish you could map it to the sticks like on PS3, if I get 2nd it'll probably be on PS3 for this reason.

I really like the DS/3DS resistive touch screen for this reason, never had any issues with an input being recognized.

killatopak

I'm kinda scratching my head at this friction problem. Many times I thought the game wouldn't register my swipes since I kinda have sweaty fingers due to hand tremors but to my surprise it still registers.

Maybe it's anecdotal but wouldn't it be more widespread if its due to the game?

ramyeon

Don't get me wrong, it's not happening all the time. But it's unpredictable enough to be annoying. Missing something not because your timing was off but because of the input method in a game like this is frustrating.

Are you guys using screen protectors? I've never actually played without one so I can't say for sure it makes a difference, but I've never once had a missed scratch due to it not registering.

I'm kinda scratching my head at this friction problem. Many times I thought the game wouldn't register my swipes since I kinda have sweaty fingers due to hand tremors but to my surprise it still registers.

Maybe it's anecdotal but it wouldn't it be more widespread if its due to the game?

I agree, when my finger actually moves the way I want it to, I have no trouble nailing a Cool on almost every note. If people are having trouble with the game registering accurate touches, I'd be more inclined to attribute the problem to their system rather than the game.

ramyeon

Are you guys using screen protectors? I've never actually played without one so I can't say for sure it makes a difference, but I've never once had a missed scratch due to it not registering.
Nope. And people have different experiences with these kinds of input methods.

I personally feel like the touch parts are really unnecessary and it's a shame that the alternative is binding them to button presses but limiting yourself to getting only Standard rank.

ZeroX03

Banned
No screen protector here, but my Vita is a Japanese launch model so it's not young. I rarely play any games with touch screen so I haven't noticed any past issues.

Give screen protectors a shot; I use them for the sole purpose of reducing friction, and good ones (like the Hori overlay, which I use personally) don't seem to hamper screen sensitivity at all.

I personally think the scratch notes are a lot of fun and only wish they were used a little more creatively.

Because it's come up, I just wanted to remind people the Score Challenge does not end until 3/23. With the game being new to some, I wanted to give a little extra time for those who are just now experiencing the game for the first time, so the challenge covers two weekends. With that in mind, if you feel you have room for improvement in your score, I would appreciate it if people could hold on to their scores for a day or two, as updating the score table is a completely manual process; I have no problem with people submitting better scores down the line, but I'd rather this be kept to a minimum. Thanks!

Omikaru

I've had a few missed scratch notes, but I don't think that's much to do with the screen, and more to do with me barely twitching my finger and thinking that's an adequate input for the action.

When I consciously remember to actually do it properly I've never had an issue with them. No screen protector here. When I replace my Vita I'll be getting one, though, so it's good to hear they cause no issues.

Omikaru

I would never touch the Vita screen without a screen protector.

Scratches way to easily.

I've learned that the hard way. Though not through my own touch, but from where I've carried it about with me. Mine has just one scratch near the edge, so it's not terrible, but since I was already sold on importing a green Slim from Japan for the better battery life and coloured exterior, I figured I'll just grab a screen protector for that one.

The one time I did drop it it, the analog sticks prevented the screen from being damaged.

ramyeon

I would never touch the Vita screen without a screen protector.

Scratches way to easily.
I only use it at home. Stays in a case by my bed when it's not in use. Haven't had any scratches on a Vita I've owned yet.

That said I just put one on my new slim Vita last night just in case.

Top Bottom