• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads up: HP, Intel I5 6400, RX 480, Windows 10, 1TB HDD/128 SSD $600/Free shipping.

can the coupon stack with corporate discounts through perkspot?

With Perks at Work this is what I get.

ec69118388.png

Check without EPP, deal is still good on a normal account.

ebates has 2 percent cash back if you make the purchase through there site.

How do those work exactly? I've always wondered. Is it like redeemable coupons or points that build up like miles are actual cash back into an account. I tried Ibotta for a Best Buy deal and it never went through even though I followed all the steps. So I just kind of gave up. Different services I know. But I imagine they work similarly. Are there alot of steps to take or is it just like a referral link kind of thing?

iosefe

mine just shipped apparently. a day before when they said it would

yay

*edit*

Estimated delivery date Jan 23, 2017

but i thought i was getting 3-6 business days?

Damn, this is a good deal.

Buy this if you want to get into PC gaming, people. You won't regret it.

(Just make sure you uninstall McAfee ASAP, it is the worst antivirus in existence.)

Man I am really into this but I don't want to pay USD$200 for shipping through a third party.

To build a roughly equivalent system yourself would cost about $800, so even with those shipping fees it's still not a bad price.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($182.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($60.79 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.49 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card ($216.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($55.47 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($90.72 @ Amazon)
Total: $817.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-11 11:49 EST-0500

Assuming you're in Latin America? What's the price to get an equivalent rig, without OS (for sake of argument) there? As Squid says it still probably a solid deal.

I'm in Colombia. At least 1000 without even mentioning the SSD (which would be a minimum 100 extra).

I so want to buy and I'm looking for cheap options for shipping.

I'm in Colombia. At least 1000 without even mentioning the SSD (which would be a minimum 100 extra).

I so want to buy and I'm looking for cheap options for shipping.

It looks like Fedex can do it for ~$100 ish? For a 20lb package. I think this is a bit lighter but hard to say for sure. I know so little about the process of actually shipping internationally.

Edit: Scratch that, rate may have been adjusted for some kind of membership offer on something. Check with FedEx international and FedEx Freight though. They may have options for cheaper than $200.

Hmm. That deadline might not work for me, and I really would pull the trigger on this. Closer to Valentine's Day would be perfect. I would love to see some hands on pictures.

Hmm. That deadline might not work for me, and I really would pull the trigger on this. Closer to Valentine's Day would be perfect. I would love to see some hands on pictures.

Just search Slickdeals for "Desktop" sporadically. You may not see a deal quite this good for a while, but a lot come really close. Especially if you live near a micro center... Damn those deals.

Eternia

How do those work exactly? I've always wondered. Is it like redeemable coupons or points that build up like miles are actual cash back into an account. I tried Ibotta for a Best Buy deal and it never went through even though I followed all the steps. So I just kind of gave up. Different services I know. But I imagine they work similarly. Are there alot of steps to take or is it just like a referral link kind of thing?
You accumulate a percentage cash back on your ebates account through purchases (at participating stores on their site) using their referral link. How much you get may varies between stores and sometimes the type of product that you're purchasing. You can request payment once your account passes certain thresholds which depends on the method you choose to be paid in (cheque, Paypal, etc).

But yeah, pretty much the only extra steps are disabling/proper whitelisting adblockers and making sure you go through ebates while logged in to reach the retailer you're buying from first.

You accumulate a percentage cash back on your ebates account through purchases (at participating stores on their site) using their referral link. How much you get may varies between stores and sometimes the type of product that you're purchasing. You can request payment once your account passes certain thresholds which depends on the method you choose to be paid in (cheque, Paypal, etc).

But yeah, pretty much the only extra steps are disabling/proper whitelisting adblockers and making sure you go through ebates while logged in to reach the retailer you're buying from first.

Cool, why not then. I've just never really looked into them. Considering how hard I work to find deals often, you think that extra little step would have happened ages ago for me.

641.99 with local tax at 7%

i'll tke some pics but i don't know enough to do performance testing effectively
Don't stress, we'll appreciate whatever we can get.
Just search Slickdeals for "Desktop" sporadically. You may not see a deal quite this good for a while, but a lot come really close. Especially if you live near a micro center... Damn those deals.
My dawg. Will creep on there every now and then to see what I can scoop up.

NightStalkerCB

Neo Member
I'm interested to hear from those that ordered this computer. I didn't read all of this thread so it may have been stated before but the only issue i would expect is the upgrade-ability. I've had friends who purchased deals like this before to find out later that they couldn't change/upgrade parts. Most likely the Motherboard is mounted with a different screw pattern so you wont be able install standard motherboards in that case. Which also means you won't be able to take that motherboard out and install it in a different case. Same goes for the power supply, it may be an odd size, odd shape or may have an odd connector for that motherboard. Once again, you won't be able to upgrade the power supply with a standard aftermarket power supply.

I know nothing about PCs and graphics card.

Can I play the latest games maxed out in this?

At 1080p 60fps likely yes, but obviously that depends on the game. The nice thing about PC is you can drop a few settings a bit and go right back up. Performance control is granular on PC.

Give me a title you're curious about and I can give you definitive answer, though. It's more powerful than a PS4 Pro if that's what you want to know.

How much of a concern should that processor be? Seems to be the weakest part of the PC is it not?

It's single core performance is a bit lower than I'd personally like, because of the clock speeds. and lack of OC. (But then again I personally run a 5820k at 4.5 GHz) for the vast majority of games, you're not likely to run into a bottleneck because of your CPU. It's possible in very very CPU intensive games, but those tend to be quite niche, certainly nothing you'd see on console. With multi-core optimizations, that's become less of an issue over the years anyway. As for the GPU included, I can't foresee any serious bottlenecks. It would probably take a GTX 1080 to start running into an issue where you were being limited framerate wise by the CPU.

Ploid 3.0

It's single core performance is a bit lower than I'd personally like, because of the clock speeds. and lack of OC. (But then again I personally run a 5820k at 4.5 GHz) for the vast majority of games, you're not likely to run into a bottleneck because of your CPU. It's possible in very very CPU intensive games, but those tend to be quite niche, certainly nothing you'd see on console. With multi-core optimizations, that's become less of an issue over the years anyway. As for the GPU included, I can't foresee any serious bottlenecks. It would probably take a GTX 1080 to start running into an issue where you were being limited framerate wise by the CPU.

There was an attempt at trying to see if a i5 6400 would bottleneck a rx 480. I don't know much about this process and if it was even done right but the rx 480 was kept quite busy on the load%. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pbZF6Efwe4

Damn it why did I have to see this thread! I've been wanting to get into PC gaming for years but don't really know much about it. So this seems like a good deal for a computer like this? Will it last at least 3-4 years?

Damn it why did I have to see this thread! I've been wanting to get into PC gaming for years but don't really know much about it. So this seems like a good deal for a computer like this? Will it last at least 3-4 years?

Yes. Plus you have the option of upgrading the GPU down the line if you want to stay on the cutting edge. CPU will be fine for a while yet.

Damn this deal keeps getting better.

I'm just curious if Scorpio will match or beat these specs.

For pure gaming performance, it might beat it, especially if they are using the new line of AMD chips with much higher bandwidth, which is rumored. But unless the Scorpio turns out to be a PC as well, there's obviously some advantages to having a PC.

I think personally it will be pretty close, with the advantage that a PC lets you fine tune your performance to what you care about, and you can always upgrade it.

Ploid 3.0

For pure gaming performance, it might beat it, especially if they are using the new line of AMD chips with much higher bandwidth, which is rumored. But unless the Scorpio turns out to be a PC as well, there's obviously some advantages to having a PC.

I think personally it will be pretty close, with the advantage that a PC lets you fine tune your performance to what you care about, and you can always upgrade it.

This makes the scorpio sound like Xbox two 2.5 or so.

This makes the scorpio sound like Xbox two 2.5 or so.

Well if it's 6Tflops and high bandwidth memory, it will be more than that in terms of pure performance. Technically this 480 is 5 Tflops before any sort of OC. The Xbox One is 1.3 Tflops.

But something to consider is that's just calculations, Nvidia's Tflops 1:1 are better than AMD traditionally. But that's slowly changing because of DX12, improved CPU's, CPU utilization and drivers AMD's side. Which is nice.

There's always no deal like that for Canada :(

How much would it cost to import it?

Ploid 3.0

it's official in my state. 5 hours drive away

Looking forward to you putting out the very first images of this thing on the internet. I gave up looking, it's crazy that a product like this has nothing on the internet. This is beyond Nintendo Ninjas. I just want to see how the guts look HP, come on.

PSU size in this? Got a 1080 so would swap it out and curious.

I have a i7-4700. My whole PC is keeps blue screening as of late. I think the machine is starting to fade after a few international moves. Processor comparable or way worse?

Edit: NM. Saw the 300w PSU. Maybe I'll just build my own machine or something. Dang.

PSU size in this? Got a 1080 so would swap it out and curious.

I have a i7-4700. My whole PC is keeps blue screening as of late. I think the machine is starting to fade after a few international moves. Processor comparable or way worse?

Edit: NM. Saw the 300w PSU. Maybe I'll just build my own machine or something. Dang.

The PSU seems like it would be easy to replace though.

SURGEdude

To answer the OP's question. Isn't HPI just HP's branding for internally produced licensed cards? I assume it's pretty much just AMD's reference design.

Top Bottom