• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, changing the rules mid tourney which massively benefits reynad.

I knew we'd see a comment like this. He changed the rule after massan, not intending to benefit himself. Plus they are saying he meant to click the turtle anyway...

Dunno why you have such a big bone to pick against reynad, he piss in your cereal? :p

Cipherr

fvZRPSk.gif

Noooo reynad stop losing tourneys!

Haunted

Watching the archive right now, Trump vs Tides and the co-caster has some serious hate for Trump in this :lol I'm not sure what's the beef/history between the two but he makes no attempt to hide it.

The thing that bothers me is that they have to forfeit each arena draft. It takes me so long to grind out 150 gold to play arena and they just waste it all.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Watching the archive right now, Trump vs Tides and the co-caster has some serious hate for Trump in this :lol I'm not sure what's the beef/history between the two but he makes no attempt to hide it.

who doesn't hate trump? TUCKFRUMP

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
So I decided to play my US account tonight. Out of the seven matches I played in constructed, six of them were bots (five warlocks and a druid). While it might seem churlish to complain about free wins, I really hope Blizzard have some sort of plan in place to combat this bullshit.

edit- I should say that I know it's the same on EU but I'm much higher ranked so I don't come across bots very often at the moment.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler should probably use better decks next time.

EDIT: Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge plays by Hyped.

johnsmith

remember me
So the 16 for the blizzcon qualifiers. Some big names, but also lots of people nobody's ever heard of.

NA:
Hyped
Firebat
Chakki
ThatsAdmirable
Tidesoftime
Strifecro
Tarei
DeathstarV3
Kuhaku
StUnNeR
Deerjason
Staz
JAB
Chalk
CST_Twisted
DKMR_dtw

EU:
Neirea
Kolento
Mcnoisyboy
Thefishou
InnTheude#2452
Reynad
InnNumberguy#2210
TheFallen
Matthew
Frezzar
Mryagut#2306
Lowelo
Max#23323
ThijsNL
Cupcake
Lifecoach

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah of the NA crew, I think I've only heard of tides and firebat, myself.

frequency

To be fair, StrifeCro hasn't been a big name since beta. Though he has been consistently good throughout, he rarely streams and isn't really invited to many tournaments.

He's an amazing player though.

Haly

Looks like Kibler might be winning his first set.

EDIT: Spook too soon. Come on Kibs.

johnsmith

remember me
What's the strongest deck that can win games fast? I need to decide what to do for my next gold portrait. Maybe aggro druid?

Already did hunter and warlock.

ZZMitch

I don't really see the point of different regions. It's not like it matters at all. For example Reynad is from the United States but he qualified through the EU region. What's the point if you can just play in any of the three? Seems random.

Haly

Okay, I've identified Kibler's problem.

He sucks at topdicking. Other players like Kolento can rip whatever card they need off the top of their deck. Kibler, however, is always waiting for that one card that never comes.

I don't really see the point of different regions. It's not like it matters at all. For example Reynad is from the United States but he qualified through the EU region. What's the point if you can just play in any of the three? Seems random.

Well the point is that you have an equal opportunity regardless of where your account is located.

caesar

Banned
Neirea is fucking good.

Ukraine gods of Hearthstone. Savjz is also really good, funny how salty he gets on stream though.

Haunted

wowowow

Forget Artosis trying to excecute his own Sylvanas or Reynad letting the rope run out, Kibler not trading with that Loatheb in the final game against Savjz was the most egregious mistake I've seen in competitive Hearthstone so far. :D

Okay, I've identified Kibler's problem.

He sucks at topdicking. Other players like Kolento can rip whatever card they need off the top of their deck. Kibler, however, is always waiting for that one card that never comes.
He did have some unlucky draws earlier in the tournament, yes. Don't think his Priest deck ever saw an Undertaker in both games he lost with it (that I've seen).

VGVN3 has been host to both egregious misplays and brilliant plays. Neirea's Leeroy against Hyped's freeze mage was beautiful, shame it didn't work out because of cone of cold and Alex top deck. Also Neirea's Hyped's nightmare on his opponent's taunted damaged golem, facelessing it, and bghing it was similarly brilliant.

Savjz lucked out by getting two wins handed to him, one from Kibler when he decided to go all face rather than trading and dying to druid heropower, and one from Neirea who timed out before he could clean Savjz's board, leaving with Savjz exactly two power in minions for lethal.

edit: fixed a name

3 games in a row against a priest i webspinner into The Beast. That cannot be a coincidence. Nor can it be a coincidence that each time they seem to top deck the required removal. sigh.

Got hunter domination for my daily quest, so I had an excuse to play the class before the nerfs come.

5 wins in a row easy 60 gold and ranks. Won the last game by topdecking unleash versus a full shaman board (he assumed I didn't have it since I would've played it earlier and I spent both my hunter's marks). Used it to draw the second unleash, and the second unleash let me draw the kill command and leeroy I needed for lethal next turn.

It's like miracle rogue but without any sort of skill requirement

caesar

Banned
VGVN3 has been host to both egregious misplays and brilliant plays. Neirea's Leeroy against Hyped's freeze mage was beautiful, shame it didn't work out because of cone of cold and Alex top deck. Also Neirea's nightmare on his opponents taunted damaged golem, facelessing it, and bghing it was similarly brilliant.

Savjz lucked out by getting two wins handed to him, one from Kibler when he decided to go all face rather than trading and dying to druid heropower, and one from Neirea who timed out before he could clean Savjz's board, leaving with Savjz exactly two power in minions for lethal.

That was Hyped

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Acinixys

Shaman Deathrattle joke deck being better than my actual constructed deck makes me sad

I want to win with my well thought out sexy golden deck, not this summon 20 Thaddeus and make the opponent ragequit nonsense

Even after the Leeroy nerf, it will be possible to use the leeroy + 2 shadowstep combo, right? It will simply cost 9 mana instead of 6:
First leeroy - 5 mana
Second leeroy - 3 mana
Third leeroy - 1 mana

So this nerf isn't so bad.
Or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom