• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
super old builds of control warrior had frothing

it's always interesting to see someone running a really old build of a deck because you get to see why people stopped playing it.

SteveWD40

Been away so not in the loop: are people keeping Leeroy post nerf or should I use that full dust refund to get something else? (I have most of the other good neutrals, could use more class Legs).

Been away so not in the loop: are people keeping Leeroy post nerf or should I use that full dust refund to get something else? (I have most of the other good neutrals, could use more class Legs).

yeah he's probably going to be a dead card for awhile. i only really saw him in handlock and miracle and sometimes hunter. i think without hunter terrorizing the ladder we're going to see a lot more mage, shaman, ramp druid, control priest and control paladin and none of those really run leeroy.

looking forward to playing secrets mage and control priest, myself.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have started really playing this for the past couple of days and I love it so much, managed to beat the free wing of naxxramas. Pondering on buying the rest + 40 packs but I feel like I will leave my friend who has started playing behind.

Haunted

You should disenchant just in case. If he stays relevant as a finisher (I think he will), you can just craft him again.

Haunted

super old builds of control warrior had frothing

it's always interesting to see someone running a really old build of a deck because you get to see why people stopped playing it.
Since the meta is cyclical, you just need to go back far enough to end up with a counter to something in the current meta again. :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is captain greenskin worth keeping or did I just get a lot of dust?

I think only pirate warriors run him. He's below average but far from the worst.

You could always keep him to get Captains Parrot, lol

slayn

needs to show more effort.
He's really good now but very specific. The addition of Death's Bite means that a warrior running fiery war axe, death's bite, and reaper will usually have a target for his buff. But I think you have to be running all 6 weapons for him to be a good card.

If you consider that when an aggro/weapon warrior loses it's almost never due to life and always due to complete loss of board control, 5 mana for a 5/4 plus 'deal 6 or 7 extra weapon damage' is a very strong card.

edit: but if you don't want to make that exact deck, I can't see any other deck using him

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I'd probably keep him. You never know what the card expansion will bring for weapons or pirates, and you could throw him in a paladin or weapon warrior. I don't feel like it's ever worth it to DE a legendary unless it's Nozdormu, lorewalker cho, tinkmaster, or nat pagle.

Speaking of Warrior, has there been any Shade Warriors yet? I feel with Charge, Faceless, and the Rage cards, you could do some sick damage.

Dunno if a deck based off of it would work though, you'll always want it early.

hadar

Is there any resource online with good (read: acceptable) decks one could build with only basics and naxx cards? Just killed KT and wanted to play some ranked.

ZealousD

Speaking of Warrior, has there been any Shade Warriors yet? I feel with Charge, Faceless, and the Rage cards, you could do some sick damage.

Dunno if a deck based off of it would work though, you'll always want it early.

An old style raging worgen deck is probably more consistent than shade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These days, you want to combo from the hand instead of from the board. Anything that requires having a minion sit there on the board hoping people avoid it is a setup for failure. Auchenai + Circle of Healing, Giant + Shadowflame, Brawl, Deadly Shot, Equality + Pyromancer etc. And then when your win condition is dead, you're suddenly left with a bunch of other cards that were supposed to combo with it which have to be recycled for something else.

This is what makes Miracle and Handlock's Leeroy combos so good. Or Al'Akir/Doomhammer and Rockbiter. The combo can close out the game in one turn, and the individual combo pieces are all very playable as well.

EDIT: I realize now that this game isn't about decisions or deckbuilding, but the Heart of the Cards.

God damn, those StrifeCro rips were out of this world.

Madouu

Boar Control is the best.

holy crap it's the one damage he needed at the end
facepalm.gif

I feel bad for him, he was a bit unlucky, that brawl in the previous game hurt so much.

gutshot

Just opened up my second legendary and it was... Nozdormu. My first one was Loremaster Cho.

Feeling kind of cursed when it comes to legendaries.

ZealousD

Just opened up my second legendary and it was... Nozdormu. My first one was Loremaster Cho.

Feeling kind of cursed when it comes to legendaries.

Nozdormu was both my first and my third legendary.

daemissary

Just playing Shaman in Arena and I had Black Knight played on my Earth Elemental two rounds in a row. My deck was amazing and I went 2-3 because of that. Unbelievable.

Cipherr

Just playing Shaman in Arena and I had Black Knight played on my Earth Elemental two rounds in a row. My deck was amazing and I went 2-3 because of that. Unbelievable.

No mirror entity or Panda plays?? The guy you played against drafted two black knights? Thats brutal as hell.

Acinixys

How the hell are you supposed to counter a control freeze mage?

I just played the same bastard in ranked twice in a row and he beat me twice with the same stupid strat

He only played 5 minions all game plus 2 mirror images and 1 ice armour

Gnomish Inventor x2
Azure Drake x2

All he did was freeze my minions and draw cards till turn 9

Then he played Alex into Thalanos into Freeze - Ice Lance x2 and a Fireball

Zafir

I just played the same bastard in ranked twice in a row and he beat me twice with the same stupid strat

Gnomish Inventor x2
Azure Drake x2

Play control paladin, control warrior, or hunter with flare? :p

Cipherr

Gnomish Inventor x2
Azure Drake x2

DsS8GwI.png

Or pray they don't draw into the cards they need to perfectly hold you at bay like that. Or just run some silence minions and use them on your own cards during turns to break the freezes.

Its kinda funny if freeze mage makes it back into the meta tho

Two rounds in a row, not two turns in a row. Two different opponents.

Ohh I see. Damn...

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Is there any resource online with good (read: acceptable) decks one could build with only basics and naxx cards? Just killed KT and wanted to play some ranked.

Trump made some basic decks pre-naxx that he used to climb the ladder with. Not sure how well they'd play in the current meta but you could try them out. Go to Hearthpwn and search for Trump basic decks.

I wonder if some druid decks will run poison seeds seeing as how handlock and giant decks may see a comeback. I have seen it maybe 2 or 3 times total. One time I was playing a demon lock and it screwed my molten giants pretty hard.

re: freeze mage

They actually did add a couple cards that hurt freeze mages.

weblord, makes alexstrasza unplayable while on the board.

wailing soul, unfreeze and slam for a lot of damage

loatheb, obvious reasons

A lot of deathrattle minions which are strong vs board clears.

A few thoughts about weblord. This card might actually be pretty good post nerf. Some people are claiming zoo is gonna be a big thing again, and if handlock is a big thing as well, weblord is actually a card you can mulligan for for both match ups. It makes turn 3-4 twilight drake impossible. It also makes alexstrasza unplayable, and even possibly screws up defender of argus and sunfury protector plays, as well as screwing up the still popular turn 5 azure drake (even though sludge belcher is still pretty big). And zoolock will have quite the difficult time playing their minions since many of them are battlecry.

And it even stops grom/task master combo. I think the card is under-rated. 1/4 stats are fine too.

Cipherr

Handlocks are tough. I play control priest mostly so I have a lot of tools to deal with them. But it feels so awkward filling the board with a truckton of high value minions and spending many turns only attacking face with SOME of them after clearing their board. But I cant really see any other way other than to deny them the face damage they want for those Giants.

Just hold the line until they are forced to play Sea Giants (if they have them). Trade into them or remove them with deaths and Black Knight then go face all in one big burst + Holy Fire to finish them instead of letting them double molten for free at low HP.

johnsmith

remember me
Just unlocked this. Time to add him to all my decks.
CS2_179_premium.gif

And Kibler rank 5 4 legend with priest, damn. Gonna try out his version for a bit. Makes me sad that priest's ascendancy is going to be cut short as soon as handlocks come back with the hunter nerf. Though with black knight and 2 SWDs, and silence we *MIGHT* stand a chance.

Cipherr

And Kibler rank 5 4 legend with priest, damn. Gonna try out his version for a bit. Makes me sad that priest's ascendancy is going to be cut short as soon as handlocks come back with the hunter nerf. Though with black knight and 2 SWDs, and silence we *MIGHT* stand a chance.

Yeah I just tuned in, I dont think I have seen anyone break 4 until now.

zoukka

BGH.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh yeah, forgot about that. The meta's going to get a lot slower with hunter and leroy gone, so I'm expecting lots more ragnaros and alexstraza.

Cipherr

Kibs was at rank 3, (well he still is right now) but he just went Full Northshire versus another priest and has already burned a Ysera and an Injured Blademaster + Another card and its only turn 6.

Such a bad play there. Everyone knows you don't double Northshire in a priest mirror.

Edit: Yep he conceded after making another bad play. Shadow Madness a sludge belcher, use it to attack, leaving it with 1HP, then he circles healing it to full and ends the turn giving the opponent back a fully healed Belcher.

He stayed at rank 3 though after the loss.

ShinNL

I wonder if some druid decks will run poison seeds seeing as how handlock and giant decks may see a comeback. I have seen it maybe 2 or 3 times total. One time I was playing a demon lock and it screwed my molten giants pretty hard.

re: freeze mage

They actually did add a couple cards that hurt freeze mages.

weblord, makes alexstrasza unplayable while on the board.

wailing soul, unfreeze and slam for a lot of damage

loatheb, obvious reasons

A lot of deathrattle minions which are strong vs board clears.

A few thoughts about weblord. This card might actually be pretty good post nerf. Some people are claiming zoo is gonna be a big thing again, and if handlock is a big thing as well, weblord is actually a card you can mulligan for for both match ups. It makes turn 3-4 twilight drake impossible. It also makes alexstrasza unplayable, and even possibly screws up defender of argus and sunfury protector plays, as well as screwing up the still popular turn 5 azure drake (even though sludge belcher is still pretty big). And zoolock will have quite the difficult time playing their minions since many of them are battlecry.

And it even stops grom/task master combo. I think the card is under-rated. 1/4 stats are fine too.
The only problem with card is... this also applied to yourself. So Fire Elemental, Guardian of Kings, Taskmaster are also really mana inefficient when you play it yourself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just unlocked this. Time to add him to all my decks.
CS2_179_premium.gif

Yup. I have this and golden Chillwind Yeti and Bolderfist ogres. The sexiest "regular" cards in the game.

Blu(e)

Just got Cenarius and MC Tech. Cenarius worth keeping?
Don't want to make the same mistake as when I dusted Cairne. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom