• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heinz Chicago Dog Sauce

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Words escape me....Jesus Fuck.

Sriracha is sweet though. Depends on the bottle you get. I love it when it's really sweet. Also sriracha goes amazing with hot dogs. Should replace ketchup at all times, if you need something with a vinegar taste.

Will try Thai Sriracha on hot dogs soon I guess. Could be amazing.

for the true connoisseur (we had a thread on this a little bit ago)

hot_dog_v5.jpg

How does a "ultimate hot dog style guide" ignore Cincy dogs (like a Cony with Cincy Chili, mustard, onions, and LOTS of shredded mild cheddar) and Rochester White Hots (white hot dog with mustard, onions, and "hot sauce", which is a native runny meat sauce, best served as part of a "garbage plate")?

How does a "ultimate hot dog style guide" ignore Cincy dogs (like a Cony with Cincy Chili, mustard, onions, and LOTS of shredded mild cheddar) and Rochester White Hots (white hot dog with mustard, onions, and "hot sauce", which is a native runny meat sauce, best served as part of a "garbage plate")?

As much as I love Rochester white hots, unfortunately some of the best foods from WNY are rarely recognized outside the area, other than wings. Garbage plates would take the country by storm if people realized how delicious they are.

Bry0

I never put ketchup on if I'm making a Chicago style dog with Vienna beef. If it's oscar Meyer or whatever, who cares what's on it.
Also, curious if the deep dish haters ever ate a good deep dish pizza. It's not a replacement for thin crust but sometimes when you want to really EAT, nothing beats it.

Chicago style, no ketchup forever

Put what you want on it but Chicago style is the beeeeeest

(I've had Hawaiian once and it was fantastic as well)

jjasso21

Ketchup, mustard, pickles and raw onions on a hot dog is great. On a Chicago dog, it is not ok. On a steak, it is a travesty.

gamz

My kids eat cereal with apple juice instead of milk.

I share the foods I like and normal food, but if my kid wants some disgusting combo to me, I don't act like a two year old/food elitist and scream at them that their taste buds are WRONG.

Not hard to get.

That's really really gross.

Phu

Banned
So what you're saying is I need to move to Detroit? Because that looks incredible.

Also when I have a home-cooked hot dog I add a squiggle of ketchup and mustard, and sometimes a light amount of mayo to the bun.

Detroit is famous for its coney dogs. It's my favorite variety of hot dog.

My kids eat cereal with apple juice instead of milk.

I share the foods I like and normal food, but if my kid wants some disgusting combo to me, I don't act like a two year old/food elitist and scream at them that their taste buds are WRONG.

That's a ridiculous amount of sugar for any human being, much less a child.

Patriots7

I truthfully don't even know what NYC pizza is and I lived there. That thin piece that looks like the generic stuff from a food court?

I put ketchup on my hot dog. I hate mustard. Ruins anything it touches.

Because other than Adriatico's, Cincinnati cuisine is universally abominable?

Truly, a blight on the cultural landscape.

MC Safety

I don't think a condiment ruins food the way, say, a topping ruins a pizza. But this is probably semantics.

To the point: I've come to accept my rationalization as to liking ketchup on hot dogs while deploring pineapple on pizza.

What are you freaking out about?

Sriracha is sweet though. Depends on the bottle you get. I love it when it's really sweet. Also sriracha goes amazing with hot dogs. Should replace ketchup at all times, if you need something with a vinegar taste.

Or he can read the ingredients, the first two listed are literally "Chili, Sugar"

Yall know you replying to a dude that thinks that catsup isn't legit sweet, yes? And thinks its other peoples tastebuds that are shot to hell?

I feel like kielbasa always gets lost in the mix when hot dogs and sausages are brought up.

A good seared kielbasa with grilled onions and mustard will make you want to slap your grandma.

Mashing

What's wrong with ketchup on a hot dog? I do not like mustard. I am not opposed to eating it without ketchup but it'd need something like chili and a non-plain tasting wiener.

Did... did someone take off their pants and take a dump all over your wiener?

That would be a groundbeef meat sauce over onions, a dash of sauerkraut(which I despise but on these hotdogs are acceptable for perfection) lastly a small brush of mustard(also dislike) on some zeigler franks.

It is heaven.

Goofalo

What's wrong with ketchup on a hot dog? I do not like mustard. I am not opposed to eating it without ketchup but it'd need something like chili and a non-plain tasting wiener.

Nothing is wrong with ketchup on a plain hotdog.

A lot is wrong with ketchup on a Chicago dog. It unbalances the flavor profile.

Phu

Banned
I feel like kielbasa always gets lost in the mix when hot dogs and sausages are brought up.

A good seared kielbasa with grilled onions and mustard will make you want to slap your grandma.

Usually don't think of kielbasa as a 'bun' kind of food. I usually see people eat it cut up with something like sauerkraut or red beans and rice.

Top Bottom