• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I feel violated by Microsoft

BigLee74

As long as I can play the games I like at settings I like and on physical hardware, I don’t give a flying fuck who makes the hardware.

(Although I will hesitate greatly on the PS5 whilst it continues to look so hideously ugly)

This is what I have gathered from the OP

- I got an Xbox for their "exclusives" but I didn't really want one to begin with.

If you liked Xbox before and were getting one anyway, you'll still like it once the exclusives-now-transformed-in-multiplat games come out! What's the issue then?

fallingdove

Mobile? No one's gonna switch to mobile exclusively.
Nintendo is sort of a different market.
Steam, maybe. Only one I'd have faith in.
A small percentage of the console market are what you would consider hardcore. Sony still has to deliver a mass market product for folks that are ok with buying a couple of games and pulling the console out for the grandkids a couple times a year. Mobile, PC, and Switch are just as compelling an option for the majority of folks that are in the space.

He's probably only saying this because he's being disposed of along with a bunch of other shills.

At least they've had the decency to fly adamsapple adamsapple out to tell him in person.
mtgTJaF.jpg

MacReady13

Never thought I’d ever see this happen with Xbox.

I put their failure down to 2 things- Kinect and then Game Pass. All they needed to do was fucking emulate what they did during the 1st half of the 360‘s life (minus the RROD obviously) and they’d be flying. Instead they firstly tried to copy Nintendo with a gimmick and then, once all of that shit failed, they threw every single egg they had into 1 basket- game rentals! And now that they have started that shit, they can’t back out of it even though majority of gamers don’t want it! What a massive fall from grace for this once awesome brand…

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I put their failure down to 2 things- Kinect and then Game Pass. All they needed to do was fucking emulate what they did during the 1st half of the 360‘s life (minus the RROD obviously) and they’d be flying. Instead they firstly tried to copy Nintendo with a gimmick and then, once all of that shit failed, they threw every single egg they had into 1 basket- game rentals! And now that they have started that shit, they can’t back out of it even though majority of gamers don’t want it! What a massive fall from grace for this once awesome brand…
That's what happened. They had gamers runinng Xbox and they replaced them with Microsoft people.

Tomeru

People surprised by this are even more delusionsl and out of touch than I thought. Which is not surprising when you think sbout it.

Sounds like profound sadness

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
With a thread title like that this is what generative AI Art was made for and I'm surprised to see none here had the know how to do it

Nydius

Joking and craziness aside, I wouldn’t mind seeing the racing game that could come from a collaboration between Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 Studios.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

eerik9000

Are you ready for $99.99 games?
I know that Activision, now owned by Microsoft, was the first major publisher to raise their prices to 70 dollar this gen, and that Microsoft needs to somehow earn back the $70 billion they spent on acquiring them, but I don't think they will raise their prices to a hundred bucks. That would be outrageously stupid.

Gudji

He's probably only saying this because he's being disposed of along with a bunch of other shills.
Hopefully they won't start shilling for playstation. They can always continue to look forward metacritic publisher of the year, xbox got this.

At least they've had the decency to fly adamsapple adamsapple out to tell him in person.
And phil wants his balls back too.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Banned
Seeing Halo like that gives me goosebumps (infinite is ass though).

As someone who still plays Halo 3 almost every day, this would mean huge new player numbers and another incentive for the devs to keep support going (they only announced stopping the support very recently) and gain massive amounts of faith from a huge new audience for a title that they've never been able to experience before.

Crazy how the Sennins among us don't want that to happen for the ''better'' of the brand.

Top Bottom