• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEY! C'MON C'MON: It's the Giga Powered Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Neo-Alec

Neo Member
Thanks, Gyrian, for mentioning my channel!

Got my King of Fighters 2000 cart. Not that I can do anything with it, since I still don't have the Omega... but honestly? Feels fuckin' good. Both because I'm glad I bought the game, and because it's kind of nice to have another Neo Geo game I can put next to Metal Slug after buying that MVS cart 8 years ago.

Also built my Neo Geo stick yesterday and hooollly hell is this thing overkill. No regrets.
You're making me excited, and I already have the games! Hope it comes soon.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Waitin'.

We just waaaaiiiiitttttiiiin~~

Waitin' for my Omega to come.

*harmonica.wav*

Me too. My order is still showing as "pending", I emailed for an update a week ago but haven't heard back yet.

I don't mind too much, I'm sure he's busy and this is always the way with hobbyist things.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Me too. My order is still showing as "pending", I emailed for an update a week ago but haven't heard back yet.

I don't mind too much, I'm sure he's busy and this is always the way with hobbyist things.

Yeah, it's the nature of custom stuff, so whatever. It'll be worth the wait.

I hope...!

Danny Dudekisser

Dear Omega,

It's been 8 weeks since I last wrote.

I know this love is unrequited. Maybe you've moved on. Maybe you still care.

I find myself looking at other systems. I see a stonkin' hot Mega Drive crossing the street, and think what I wouldn't give up to get up in that. But I remember. I'm a married man. I spent $530 on this marriage we haven't even consummated.

But, I'm only human. I long for that new retro flesh. I want to love you, but you confound me so. I bought you everything you wanted, right? That King of Fighters 2000 cart I put on your finger wasn't cheap, but I did it, didn't I?

Was I wrong?

Maybe this was never meant to be. I've always been a lone wolf. I think, "wow, wouldn't it be awesome to finally play the real deal Metal Slug," every now and then, but maybe that's just posturing. There's no endgame. No ultimate goal. Just a fool lost in a haze of nostalgic delusion.

I love to hate you.

Shinriji

Dear Omega,

I find myself looking at other systems. I see a stonkin' hot Mega Drive crossing the street, and think what I wouldn't give up to get up in that. But I remember. I'm a married man. I spent $530 on this marriage we haven't even consummated.

But, I'm only human. I long for that new retro flesh. I want to love you, but you confound me so. I bought you everything you wanted, right? That King of Fighters 2000 cart I put on your finger wasn't cheap, but I did it, didn't I?

Was I wrong?

Maybe this was never meant to be. I've always been a lone wolf. I think, "wow, wouldn't it be awesome to finally play the real deal Metal Slug," every now and then, but maybe that's just posturing. There's no endgame. No ultimate goal. Just a fool lost in a haze of nostalgic delusion.

I love to hate you.

A honest meltdown, neogeo Style.

Danny Dudekisser

Somehow that reminded me of the song stan by Eminem. Just pretend it's a guy writing to a Neo-Geo instead of Eminem.

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window, and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

This thread is going places lol.

Just wait till Chacranajxy starts drinking. His drunk posts are the only reason I come to gaf

EEFtFNk_d.jpg

Peltz

Dear Omega,

Was I wrong?

I love to hate you.
What are Neo Geo fans like?

They're fucking assholes.

giphy.gif

Danny Dudekisser

I want to believe that the guys over at Arcade Works read this thread on occasion, see this page, and are just like "Jesus fucking Christ..."

Dear Omega,

Was I wrong?

I love to hate you.

This is why monogamy is unnatural. You gotta get some on the side every now and then.

Should SNK keep making Neo Geo MVSes and MVS/AES carts for arcades and collectors, and license out their more obscure or dormant IPs (Shock Troopers, Alpha Mission, Super Sidekicks, etc.) to homebrew and indie devs?

Piracy be damned and all, but I doubt it'll matter much at this point, especially with digital distribution.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
I want to believe that the guys over at Arcade Works read this thread on occasion, see this page, and are just like "Jesus fucking Christ..."

It's not "guys." It's "guy." I know him personally and I can assure you that he doesn't take the quality of his product lightly. It'll be worth the wait.

Danny Dudekisser

It's my birthday!

And the NeoSD AES cartridge I ordered last month hasn't shown up!

giphy.gif

Happy birthday. And welcome to the struggle.

It's not "guys." It's "guy." I know him personally and I can assure you that he doesn't take the quality of his product lightly. It'll be worth the wait.

Yeah, but he still ain't called or wrote
I hope he has a chance
I ain't mad, I just think it's fucked up he don't answer fans
If you didn't want to talk to me outside the email thread
You didn't have to
But you could've signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother, man, he's only six years old

Yeah, but he still ain't called or wrote
I hope he has a chance
I ain't mad, I just think it's fucked up he don't answer fans
If you didn't want to talk to me outside the email thread
You didn't have to
But you could've signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother, man, he's only six years old

Man thats nuts. I heard he waited in the blisterin' cold for four hours and he just said no

On a completely different note (pun shamelessly intended), what are some of y'alls favourite music tracks from the Neo Geo library?

I've been sticking a bunch of random playlists on at work but could use some stand-out recommendations.

Loona

On a completely different note (pun shamelessly intended), what are some of y'alls favourite music tracks from the Neo Geo library?

I'm really fond of the original Samurai Shodown, KoF94, KoF96 and Metal Slug 2 soundtracks in general.

For individual tracks, some standouts for me are Rhytmic Hallucination from KoF97, Goodbye Esaka from KoF2000, the zombie stage track from Metal Slug 3, Mr Mig's from Art of Fighting 1, Micky's from AoF2.

Gyrian

I see those controllers are also for Famicom, does that mean that Famicom and Neo Geo use the same controller inputs? Nice!

Remember the Famicom's controllers are wired into the system. This is for the expansion port in the front (DB15 standard, not the NES-specific connector) which third party controllers and sticks can use:

14.jpg

I see those controllers are also for Famicom, does that mean that Famicom and Neo Geo use the same controller inputs? Nice!

Same connector, but the pinouts are different. If you plug a Neo Geo controller, the Famicom won't even boot when you switch the power on, actually.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Remember the Famicom's controllers are wired into the system. This is for the expansion port in the front (DB15 standard, not the NES-specific connector) which third party controllers and sticks can use:

14.jpg

Same connector, but the pinouts are different. If you plug a Neo Geo controller, the Famicom won't even boot when you switch the power on, actually.

Got it. I only have an AV Famicom anyways, but would have been interesting if this worked. Bought the cables, so i can soon lay back comfortably in my couch living that Neo-Geo dream.

Danny Dudekisser

WE BEEN SPENDIN MOST OUR LIVES, LIVIN' IN AN OMEGALESS PARADISE.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my email and realize it's been 9 weeks
'Cause I been lambastin' my CMVS' delays for so long
That even my retro homies think my mind is gone.

Honestly, this was a very low-effort post.

Top Bottom