• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno apoligizes for his game not being at E3.

jbug617

Banned
@tomqe: Sorry to not announce anything at E3.
Please wait as my project is progressing smoothly.

E3は発表無しでゴメンなさい。プロジェクトは順調なので発表までお待ち下さい。
https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/876447427758235649

I guess TGS or PSX might be the next couple of places to expect to see something at then.

Hope he's getting the proper budget and time.

FQKonOg.png

That's the most subtle way of saying DMC5 reveal is coming to TGS.

If they bring in Deep Down along with DMC5, it's gonna be madness this year.

Mikey Jr.

If it wasn't for Sony, tgs would be an after thought.

Tgs last year was dog shit. I think they finally realize that Japanese are losing interest in playstation and are liking Nintendo.

So let Nintendo focus on tgs and Sony will focus on markets where the userbase is.

I expect PSX to be the biggest one ever to be honest.

Dinda

Yeah it wouldn't be the best idea to announce Dragon's Dogma 2 at the same time as Monster Hunter World......

Please be Dragon's Dogma 2!

I'm telling you, you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment with those TGS expectations.

Capcom doesn't announce their big console games at TGS anymore. They haven't done that in YEARS.

MvC:I, SFV ---> PSX
RE7, DR4, MHW ---> E3
DMC4SE, DmC:DE ---> Random Tuesday

Their biggest TGS announcement in recent memory has been Umbrella Corps, so unless you think Itsuno's new project will be a game of that caliber, then expecting it to show up at TGS is just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Yeah it wouldn't be the best idea to announce Dragon's Dogma 2 at the same time as Monster Hunter World......

But they appeal to two entirely different crowds and aren't similar besides being fantasy games played from the third person perspective. But yes, please be Dragon's Dogma 2.

AzureFlame

Whatever his next project and i can not wait for it but I'll keep my expectations in check, Capcom doesn't make big budget titles like they used to anymore, so i hope his next game doesn't suffer from that.

Dinda

But they appeal to two entirely different crowds and aren't similar besides being fantasy games played from the third person perspective. But yes, please be Dragon's Dogma 2.

I'm not saying they would steal each others audience, just that they wouldn't announce those at the same time. Concentrate on one announcemnet at a time.

I feel like this lends credence to the suggestion that a DMC5 trailer was planned to show up after MvC at the Sony conference but was scrapped for some reason

Kyoufu

I wish Itsuno's next game could be Dragon's Dogma 2 but sadly with current Capcom, the budget required to make that sequel happen would be out of their reach without external funding. Sadness.

CONCH0BAR

This is good news to hear. Despite all the awesome E3 announcements this year, I was left wondering where Itsuno's game was.

Philippo

It's okay, if it was not at E3, then it will be at TGS.
If not at TGS, then at PSX.
If not at PSX, then at E3 2018.

And so on..

Eolz

Let's get DMC5 at TGS and something else like Dragon's Dogma 2 at PSX. Since Deep Down was revealed at the Playstation Meeting, it's only fitting that DD2 be at PSX

It's dragons dogma 2 so I'll wait

Dragon's Dogma 2 is not happening.
They've said countless times that it is Dragon's Dogma Online, and Capcom recently said that they still want to bring it to the west.

How long have we known that Itsuno was working on a new game?

December 31st was where he first mentioned he's working on something, and he hopes to announce it this year. So, yeah I can see PSX in December for the reveal. Oh, Itsuno you tease. Making us wait a literal year.

Dinda

Dragon's Dogma 2 is not happening.
They've said countless times that it is Dragon's Dogma Online, and Capcom recently said that they still want to bring it to the west.

You said that in the last thread of this kind also. Can you please link to where they exactly said that? Especially the DDO is DD2 quote.

Neonep

December 31st was where he first mentioned he's working on something, and he hopes to announce it this year. So, yeah I can see PSX in December for the reveal. Oh, Itsuno you tease. Making us wait a literal year.
Actually he announced he work had already started on a new game in Jan 2016. So with the the development had to have started in 2015. That is about right considering DMC4:SE came out June 2015.

Top Bottom