• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima interview on Death Stranding and the new Kojima Productions

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please ask if Stephanie Joosten will be in the game.

tOf0gLJz.jpg

I don't get entirely the sticks and ropes part... But that's Kojima, he's always being too
nonsense
abstract when expressing his ideas. lol.

It's not that hard of a concept- Sticks are used to push or keep things away, Ropes are used to pull or keep things together.

He intends to apply both concepts as a main theme.

Since the game is published by Playstation/SIE, this game will be console exclusive to PS4 (with a PC released also planned). Don't expect this game to make it to the other consoles.

Source: Gameindustrie.biz

Also based on that article, I am under the impression that if it it becomes a franchise it will be console-exclusive too to Playstation (with a possible PC release along side).

We have another source coming from Kojima or other who confirms that Death Stranding will go out on Pc because this statement announcing it on Pc had gone out a little bit from nowhere.

Because even if I shall like that he goes out on Pc, I have more and more difficulty to believe in it with a game financed, published by Sony with Mark Cerny and who could use an 1st party engine but i could be wrong.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Kobo Abe? Kojima has great taste, as always. I really recommend his novels, The Box Man is a personal favorite of mine.

My mouth honestly fell open when I read that part.
I did my university dissertation on Kobo Abe, so to see him finally name-dropped by a game developer (let alone Kojima) is extremely exciting.

The double meaning of "stranding" is so gloriously creepy. Can't wait to see what he shows us next.

SJRB

Gold Member
So he has no team, office isn't ready and hasn't picked the engine. There's no way we'll see whatever it is he's planning to make within the next five years.

The bright side of this is that, as opposed to MGSV, he won't spend three years creating a custom-made engine for his game.

pata300

Neo Member
So he has no team, office isn't ready and hasn't picked the engine. There's no way we'll see whatever it is he's planning to make within the next five years.

The bright side of this is that, as opposed to MGSV, he won't spend three years creating a custom-made engine for his game.

I agree. We're not playing this till like 2020/2021. It's undeniable that the man can work quickly, but at the same time, in classic Kojima fashion, he's not known for rushing projects.

Top Bottom