• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroki Kato (Vanquish/God Hand lead designer, RE:CV director) has become a farmer

Sesha

Disappointing to hear, I must admit. People as talented as him are sorely needed. But as long as he's happy doing what he does, then that's all that really matters.

It's pretty unfair to judge Katoh's skill as a game designer based on CODE:Veronica.

Katoh and Kaori Nishio were the only CAPCOM employees involved in that project (not counting the producers/supervisors who weren't developers). Actual design and development was handled by Nextech and Tose.

Was CV outsourced from the beginning or did it originate as a fully internal project?

News Bot

Banned
Was CV outsourced from the beginning or did it originate as a fully internal project?

Outsourced from the beginning, even though the news at the time was that Nextech was being "brought in" to assist. These reports were untrue.

CAPCOM's main team was splintered into BIO1.9 and BIO3 at the time. They couldn't spare the manpower for CV. Same thing later happened with Gun Survivor BIO0, which were developed by TOSE.

CV's team was itself pretty fragmented. Programming, models and textures were handled by Nextech. The scenario was handled by FLAGSHIP. Art was done by a freelance artist Satoshi Nakai under contract with FLAGSHIP. Everything else was TOSE. I'm not even sure how much input Katoh had in the whole project, but CV's deficiency wasn't something he could've fixed alone.

farmerboy

Hey I'm a farmer, maybe I should quit and become a videogame designer to restore balance to the universe! In all seriousness its bloody hard, pretty sure he'll be back making games before you know it.

Top Bottom