• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Did Season 4 turn out to be good?

I watched the first few (really enjoyed them) and then stopped because of real-life complications.
If you liked those episodes, you're probably safe in watching...

I...I don't get it.

The show had incredible momentum until that non-event of a finale, but there's no reason to once again reboot everything when so much remains unresolved in that region.

No justice for Fara? Or Ayaan?

Oh well.
Carrie doesn't give a fuck.

I...I don't get it.

The show had incredible momentum until that non-event of a finale, but there's no reason to once again reboot everything when so much remains unresolved in that region.

I thought it was wrapped up pretty well. What do you think is still unresolved? The CIA pulled out of Pakistan completely so how/why would the show continue there?

No justice. That was kind of the point.

jtb

Banned
I...I don't get it.

Oh well.

Maxing out those tax credits.

kirblar

I...I don't get it.

Oh well.
They appeared to be going in a continuation at the end of S4, but I think they came to their senses- they were trying to put too many genies in the bottle and have too many politically ridiculous things happen (Carrie/Saul back at the CIA.)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm guessing they want
the dumb Brody spawn to be a little older? That should be about as fun as having to shit right after you take a shower

CoolOff

I like the setting though.
Berlin/Europe
could make for some great altercations with local agencies, and more spy-stuff as opposed to big firefights in a desert.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Homeland’ Casts Miranda Otto Among Four New Series Regulars For Season 5

Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rigs trilogy), top German actor Sebastian Koch (The Lives of Others), Alexander Fehling (Inglorious Basterds) and Sarah Sokolovic (Cold Comes the Night).

Otto will play Allison Carr, the current Berlin Chief of Station, working directly under Saul Berenson (Patinkin). Koch is Otto During, a German philanthropist and Carrie’s (Danes) boss. Fehling is Jonas Happich, legal counsel for the Düring Foundation and Carrie’s boyfriend. Sokolovic is Laura Sutton, an American journalist in Berlin who works for the Düring Foundation.

TVexperto

Homeland is filming this season in my country and I cant even be an extra because they are looking for middle-east type of guys with beards :(

SpyGuy239

Man what a dry season finale after being spoiled by the last few 24-esqe homeland episodes ):

I hope season 5 delivers more of those

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

"You're being naive and stupid, something you never were before"

YAGpXPd.png

Seriously though, hope this season turns out decently.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season five will begin on Sunday, October 4.

kMxo9xG.jpg

The series picks up
two years after Carrie Mathison’s (Claire Danes) ill-fated tenure as Islamabad station chief. Struggling to reconcile her guilt and disillusionment with years of working on the front lines in the “war on terror,” Carrie finds herself in a self-imposed exile in Berlin, estranged from the CIA and working as the head of security for a German philanthropist.

devilhawk

Am I correct in remembering the final not being bad, but just uneventful. As if the final was a middle of season filler episode? Or am I remembering wrong?

Klocker

Someone remind me. Is Brody dead and gone now? My god I forget the entire season except for Carie going off her meds. Need to rewatch

jtb

Banned
I didn't mind the finale too much; I just wish the season hadn't devolved into 24-level shenanigans after the excellent S1-quality hostage arc.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also,

Nevins said he thinks “there is a lot of life left in Homeland.” “The show proved last year its ability to have a new fresh story each season. It is doing it again this year.” While original male lead Damian Lewis left after 3 season, Danes “is not going anywhere,” Nevins said.

Frog-fu

Banned
I was completely over Homeland after season 3 and had 0 interest in season 4 but people kept telling me to pick it up so I caught up late in the season and it was pretty sweet. I think I'll do the same with season 5. Let half the season or more build and then jump in if it's good.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Reviews are very positive thus far:

indieWIRE said:
If last season was the redux, then Season 5 is peak Homeland.

TV Guide said:
This sometimes-erratic thrill ride is back in top form in its fifth season, plunging Carrie into a hornet's nest of topical intrigue, involving Syrian refugee camps and a leaked CIA data breech that imperils US relations with Germany.

Entertainment Weekly said:
The Edward Snowden-inspired plot is the most compelling story line this season, which is packed with conspiratorial intrigue and complicated questions about political and journalistic ethics.... But the second that Carrie yields to her first fit of mania in years, pasting newspaper clippings all over her house and searching for connections between them--it’s d.j. vu all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom