• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

wow, terrible.

I haven't liked this season much as others have, I felt it's been very predictable.. but wow that episode was downright terrible.

Natiko

Banned
Well, that was a disappointing finale. I still think it was a really solid season, easily the best since the very first one. Kind of disappointed with the tone that this finale seems to set. After the season being good a majority of the time though, I'll reserve judgement to see how things truly pan out next year.

Zaph

Wow, that was a bad finale.

I like Carrie more than most, but when will the writers learn we don't give a shit about her personal life? I wish Homeland would evolve into an ensemble show, with Carrie's craziness as the binding factor.

Like, seriously, we're all in agreement Lockhart and his wife's lasagne was the highlight of the episode? Right?

T-Rex.

Banned
Terrible finale. I kept expecting something to happen, anything, but nope. Way to sour what has been a really good season.

I watched the first four as they were on until she felt up the kid then I dropped it.

Then my friends and family were raving about how wonderful it was so I caught up through episode 10 in a day and it was eh.

Now I just finished 12 and...what was the point of this season again?

Dany

Banned
This episode seems like a dream.

Seeing these characters in this different situation is so weird. Like its imagining the cast of West Wing had to run a hospital. :p doesn't fit.

Enco

This episode seems like a dream.

Seeing these characters in this different situation is so weird. Like its imagining the cast of West Wing had to run a hospital. :p doesn't fit.
Yea the whole dinner was pretty crazy.

Pretty terrible episode.

kirblar

They needed to put the puzzle pieces into stasis because they don't know what they're doing with them next season yet. It's frustrating, but at least the rest of the season didn't suck.

Dany

Banned
The quinn carrie crap is bull. him waiting idly by for carrieto get her shit together.

yeah good luck with that bro.

nvm: just finished.. dammit it quinn lol

Dysun

Great season but it went out with a whimper. Felt like they wanted to ground the characters and set up plotlines for last year, but I would have preferred they ended it on a bigger note and held off. The content wasn't bad, just out of place.

I don’t think they’ve settled on anything. Alex is is always very adamant he wants to focus on nothing but the season in front of him. But certainly going somewhere else overseas — they’re not going back to Pakistan — is one possibility.

I'd like a season focused on North Korea (if they have the balls to do it now). It's topical and it would be interesting to see how the CIA gathers intel on that country. Russia would be good too, but that ground is already sort of covered by the Americans.

Saty

Well, that's one way to make a finale.

It wasn't bad because of the tempo. It was bad because they brought the Carrie-Quinn thing again in full force, peppered with fated-tragic tones. 'We can get out together'. It was bad because they introduced Carrie's mother angle for the revelation that it was her who left the marriage - which is used solely for the romance thing because Carrie always thought bi-polars couldn't sustain relationships so that's why she wasn't going to say yes to Quinn. But now everything's changed! Quick, grab the phone. Ofc there won't be an answer. Quinn already on his way to a mission that would probably cost his life. The only thing missing was a mad dash to the airfield to stop Quinn from getting on the plane.

So Adal is totally in cohorts with Haqanni and made a deal with him as if for the greater good? Pretty lame and the worst reasoning feared after seeing him in the car.
And Saul apparently lives with it? All they're doing right now is painting him as very selfish being OK with that just so he can get back to the CIA to save face after being humiliated by Haqanni and wanting to do good after the bad he sees it like for terrorists being freed in the exchanged and the shit that went down at the embassy.
In my eyes the mistake was having Saul 'out' in the first place. The part he played this season, he might as well been in the CIA all along.

Season 4 started badly, ended badly and at its best it was just boilerplate espionage you can elsewhere. If you take the drones thing as the theme the season started with and was (supposedly?) to frame it then they did nothing with it. '24' did a better job dealing with the subject.

I don't see how you make a current-day spycraft\terrorism show next season that doesn't have ISIS up and center.

Well, that's one way to make a finale.

It wasn't bad because of the tempo. It was bad because they brought the Carrie-Quinn thing again in full force, peppered with fated-tragic tones. 'We can get out together'. It was bad because they introduced Carrie's mother angle for the revelation that it was her who left the marriage - which is used solely for the romance thing because Carrie always thought bi-polars couldn't sustain relationships so that's why she wasn't going to say yes to Quinn. But now everything's changed! Quick, grab the phone. Ofc there won't be an answer. Quinn already on his way to a mission that would probably cost his life. The only thing missing was a mad dash to the airfield to stop Quinn from getting on the plane.

So Adal is totally in cohorts with Haqanni and made a deal with him as if for the greater good? Pretty lame and the worst reasoning feared after seeing him in the car.
And Saul apparently lives with it? All they're doing right now is painting him as very selfish being OK with that just so he can get back to the CIA to save face after being humiliated by Haqanni and wanting to do good after the bad he sees it like for terrorists being freed in the exchanged and the shit that went down at the embassy.
In my eyes the mistake was having Saul 'out' in the first place. The part he played this season, he might as well been in the CIA all along.

Season 4 started badly, ended badly and at its best it was just boilerplate espionage you can elsewhere. If you take the drones thing as the theme the season started with and was (supposedly?) to frame it then they did nothing with it. '24' did a better job dealing with the subject.

I don't see how you make a current-day spycraft\terrorism show next season that doesn't have ISIS up and center.

So is there anything else I need to know about this season or would it work just to skip it and go to season 5, because it seems like nothing of consequence actually happened this season? Like I said earlier I stopped watching after episode 4 that ended with Carrie fucking the middle eastern guy and Quinn was fucking the hotel manager.

The finale really wasn't well received if a glance at this page is anything to go by. I actually really enjoyed it, it was a refreshing change of pace from the usual 35-40 minute climax followed by 5 minutes of reflection.

Really enjoyed the series overall as well. Interested to see how they build on this next year.

Finale was shit and just confirms to me that there is no plan for how this show is going to go and they are just making shit up as they go along.

This whole season was pointless. What actually happened in this season that was worth going to Pakistan for? They'll probably never mention the events that happened in Pakistan again just like they don't ever mention the events of Iran.

The sad thing is I'll tune back in for season 5. Hopefully it's the last one

Also the whole mom thing was useless.

The best scene of the episode was that dinner after the funeral even though it was completely out of place in this show.

Saty

So is there anything else I need to know about this season or would it work just to skip it and go to season 5, because it seems like nothing of consequence actually happened this season? Like I said earlier I stopped watching after episode 4 that ended with Carrie fucking the middle eastern guy and Quinn was fucking the hotel manager.
You actually stopped soon before things got decent so i would say at least watch eps 8 to 11 (including). There's at least one thing that's 'of consequence'.

--

http://a.pomf.se/yydcod.webm

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What a pointless and aimless season of television. They threw some big action in there to distract people, but this season wasn't about anything. It bounced from one idea to another without real consequence. Every brief glimpse of a point of view or policy position by a character was reversed within an episode, with the show ultimately throwing its hands in the air and boldly declaring the war on terror a messy affair. Homeland spent the whole season stalling for time.

Schrade

This finale was as bad of a letdown as the whole Lost finale shit.

Ah well. The rest of the season was pretty awesome.

Tugatrix

I'm just going pretend that episode 11 was the season finale, god what a mess this episode was. What were they thinking? all the build up and Dar Adal twist was all for nothing, I can't accept that

What kind of middle of the road BS season final was that?

seriously that was like a ep 3 or 4 ending, not a season final..................

I know homeland you are terrible but still THAT TERRIBLE euhhhhggg. :mad:

coleco

What a pointless and aimless season of television. They threw some big action in there to distract people, but this season wasn't about anything. It bounced from one idea to another without real consequence. Every brief glimpse of a point of view or policy position by a character was reversed within an episode, with the show ultimately throwing its hands in the air and boldly declaring the war on terror a messy affair. Homeland spent the whole season stalling for time.

It really went nowhere. I can't think of any progress that was made in this season.

jtb

Banned
I think I read what happened in a spoiler already
the middle eastern girl that debuted in season 4 that worked for the CIA got killed?

If that is what it is, I can skip it.

nah, that's just a small part of what happens up until episode 11. I was as bored by the beginning of the season as anyone, but it really picked up once they got the teenage seduction storyline out of the way.

not bad but also not a great season finale.
I was so scared they were going to kill off Quinn
. They better not do that the first episode of season 5.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been loving this season but that finale was pretty bad.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't know why so many people got so riled up about Carrie having sex with Aayan. He's a 21 year old grown man and she's just barely over 10 years his senior.

The quinn carrie* crap is bull.

*Quarry

I'd like a season focused on North Korea (if they have the balls to do it now). It's topical and it would be interesting to see how the CIA gathers intel on that country. Russia would be good too, but that ground is already sort of covered by the Americans.

The show is too interested in the Middle East for a North Korea/Russia/China angle to happen.

not bad but also not a great season finale.
I was so scared they were going to kill off Quinn
. They better not do that the first episode of season 5.

Don't worry this stupid love angle between Carrie and Quinn is too important for that to happen anytime in a season opening. For some reason, the writers think that Carrie absolutely needs a love interest or this show doesn't work when the truth is that the very best moments of this show have nothing to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom