• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

No Quinn! Don't!

[PTSD about her fuck toy getting shot]

IMA KILL HIM I SWEAR.

Dumbest. Cunt. On. Television.

I hope she dies. I really hope at some point they kill her. Why the fuck did I end up watching this season when I told myself not to. Ugh

Whaaat? She did not want Quinn to blow up hundreds of people. She only plan to shot him.

Blader

Are we supposed to be rooting for Carrie as she was tailing Haqqani and ready to shoot? Because I kept saying fuck you and wished that Quinn had blown her up instead. Quinn can't avenge his dead colleagues because he has to spare Carrie's feelings, but Carrie is allowed to avenge the teenager she was going to kill herself anyway because dammit she has to do this!

As big of an improvement as this season has been (a completely different show, really) the biggest stumbling block for me continues to be just how unlikable and insufferable to watch Carrie is.

sangreal

Carrie never once said she didn't want him to blow up those paid protesters. Her motivation was that Quinn couldn't escape alive

Joni

Season should end with Quinn shooting Carrie. This is the only way to salvage this show.
Homeland S2 was at least 'Homeland'.

vityaz

lol, Carrie, only worried Quinn might get caught by the military. Also Dar

pPGOxAB.gif

Tugatrix

oh Carrie Quinn can't use a bomb but you can shot him in plain sight goddamn...

What is Dar Adal doing in middle of this? it's completely out of nowhere

- EW: 'Homeland' hits another season high as finale nears
Homeland‘s recent ratings growth continued Sunday with a penultimate episode that delivered the thriller’s biggest audience of the season. Showtime’s espionage drama had 2.1 million viewers — the eighth consecutive season high for the show. It also marks Showtime’s most-watched telecast of the year.

Homeland has enjoyed a creative revival in season four, though hasn’t been able to recapture its peak viewership — its biggest number remains the third season finale (2.4 million). But since Sunday’s episode was higher than last year’s second-to-last episode, perhaps we’ll see a new all-time record set during next week’s finale.

mm04

Good episode. Not sure what kind of season ending resolution we'll get though after watching the preview of the finale. Probably roll into some cliffhanger.

Good episode. Not sure what kind of season ending resolution we'll get though after watching the preview of the finale. Probably roll into some cliffhanger.

That's what I'm expecting, especially considering last season's ending had closure. We are due for another season 2-style plot twist.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

From finale preview trailer

looked like everyone packed up and left Pakistan? That preview was so weird.

These last two episodes have been kind of disappointing after the Saul rescue episodes, but nothing can get as ridiculous as Season 3's events. Hopefully the finale is great because all in all this season has been good.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not that I'm a huge fan of Carrie's, but...you're all wrong thinking that her actions don't follow an internal logic. She didn't want Quinn to kill Haqani because she couldn't stand losing someone else, which doesn't mean she herself isn't willing to die for that cause.
That, and Quinn would have blown up tons of innocent bystanders. So yeah enough with the false equivalence, it's not an inconsistency at all.

Like the ISI Colonel said it was coup.

I didn't understand that line. A coup is when the army of a nation takes control of the government of that nation. Nothing like that happened in Homeland.

quoting myself from last page:

ok, why is the Pakistani government protecting Haqqani, officially ? I thought they wanted to kill him just like the Americans did, and only the female ISI bitch was on his side ? I don't get it anymore. Who's on who's side ?

Fliesen

I didn't understand that line. A coup is when the army of a nation takes control of the government of that nation. Nothing like that happened in Homeland.

quoting myself from last page:

Is this the necessity for any coup? i do believe that there's a difference between a more general "coup" or "putsch" and a military coup. But i might be wrong.

Though i think, he clearly meant it as "the ruling body" being replaced by another. - It wasn't simply an "attack" on the US embassy but a calculated coup to drive out the reigning occupying forces and establish a new de facto leadership over Pakistan.

ok, why is the Pakistani government protecting Haqqani, officially ? I thought they wanted to kill him just like the Americans did, and only the female ISI bitch was on his side ? I don't get it anymore. Who's on who's side ?

I do suppose they believe Haqqani to be the lesser of the two evils and might even believe that a Taliban rule was bound to happen anyways, so why not help them out and be "on the same side" of things.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This fucking show, oh man. The plot from moment to moment is simply insane. Character motivations and political dynamics make no sense whatsoever.

It's hilarious to watch Carrie get self-righteous and decry someone going rogue when that's all she's done for years.

I wanted to shoot my TV every time Carrie did one of her exasperated and dismissive exhalations, and she did it like every four minutes.

Tagg9

Ugh, I did not like the twist at the end (Dar). It was completely unnecessary - they went for a shock moment without regard for whether or not it makes sense. Reminded me of a bad season of 24.

BTW, apart from that cheap moment I've by and large loved this season.

TripOpt55

Just watched the last four episodes and that was a great stretch. I couldn't stop watching. Not sure about the finish to the latest one, but I will see where they go in the finale.

Ugh, I did not like the twist at the end (Dar). It was completely unnecessary - they went for a shock moment without regard for whether or not it makes sense. Reminded me of a bad season of 24.

BTW, apart from that cheap moment I've by and large loved this season.

Whether it makes sense actually depends on what we find out next week. While it seems strange, politics can make strange bedfellows.

Edit: Although I have to agree that having him in the car and widely visible as traveling with Haqanni was done for TV only. Dar doesn't get in that car IRL. He sneaks out the back of that compound in a different vehicle after the crowds have dispersed.

allftw

Neo Member
Why do people think Dar Adal is a terrorist? Judging by Carrie and Lockhart's talk he is obviously there under orders of the US government.

Decado

So I've heard S4 is pretty good. I enjoyed S1, but heard S2 and S3 were shit, so I dropped the show.

Do I need to see S2 and S3 to enjoy/understand S4? If so, are S2 and S3 at least enjoyable dumb fun?

sangreal

Why do people think Dar Adal is a terrorist? Judging by Carrie and Lockhart's talk he is obviously there under orders of the US government.

Yeah, I figure it also ties back to the talk he had with Saul earlier in the season

Preview:
while I originally thought it had to do with ousting Lockhart, it seems it is about some flash drive he got in return

So I've heard S4 is pretty good. I enjoyed S1, but heard S2 and S3 were shit, so I dropped the show.

Do I need to see S2 and S3 to enjoy/understand S4? If so, are S2 and S3 at least enjoyable dumb fun?
If I could unwatch them I would. However, a whole mess of shit happens that might leave you wondering if you just went 1->4.

Saty

Terrible last minutes.

Also, Khan knows and spots Dar Adal from distance, a person that lives in the shadows that i'm not sure how an ISI officer would know, but he didn't know who Brody was.

jtb

Banned
Terrible last minutes.

Also, Khan knows and spots Dar Adal from distance, a person that lives in the shadows that i'm not sure how an ISI officer would know, but he didn't know who Brody was.

the last minutes were terrible, but I think it's clear he knew Dar Adal was part of the whole plan before the last scene.

wow, what is Dar Adal's plan then?

I don't see how showing yourself together with the most high profile terrorist in the world can do any good but I hope they prove me wrong in the next episode.

I think it would probably have been better if Quinn had seen Adal just as he was about to press the trigger and hesitate long enough for them to get away.

jtb

Banned
wow, what is Dar Adal's plan then?

flipping the taliban tribes/al-qeada splinter groups? drumming up support for the CIA again domestically? giving the US an excuse to leave the region entirely (or ramp up drone strikes on the border or whatever)? plenty of pretty reasonable possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom