• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 3 minutes were so goddamn stupid, she says dont kill him! Then tries to kill him WTF?? and The fuck did dar adal come from?? And Khan magically shows up to restrain carrie, C'mon Showrunners.

sangreal

This family drama is stupid. I get they had to close out carrie's father but who actually gives a shit?

Hope Saul takes up the offer

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Quinn Carrie thing
Carrie and her family thing
Soul and Dar thing

well I wouldn't say it was disappointing but it sure wasn't what I was hoping for.

I understand the actor died, but it seems weird to devote such a large part of your finale to a character who didn't even appear this season.

That plus introducing the mother felt odd, like, a new character now?

Last episode felt more like a finale and this felt like a premiere.

dork

Banned
Yeah that was a horrible episode. It felt like something that should have just been left on the cutting room floor. Nothing happened

NYR

Weak finale and a bad way to end the season considering the absolute stunning season this year, setting up that
Quinn death
for next season and dat twist was very un-
Saul
like.

Sean

Banned
Season was fantastic overall but that finale ended things on a whimper.

Nothing happened and the setup for the next season wasn't very compelling either. Who cares about Carrie's mom or half brother? Nobody.

So I stopped watching after episode 4 as I was bored shitless this season and it didn't pull me in. Is it worthwhile to watch the season or just pass it and maybe try to watch again next season?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Season was fantastic overall but that finale ended things on a whimper.

Nothing happened and the setup for the next season wasn't very compelling either. Who cares about Carrie's mom or half brother? Nobody.
Yeah, agreed. Introducing that subplot with her mom in the final episode, WTF? What were they thinking? I kept expecting some car to blow up in some "holy shit" moment, but nothing.

mm04

Weak finale and a bad way to end the season considering the absolute stunning season this year, setting up that
Quinn death
for next season and dat twist was very un-
Saul
like.

Pretty much agreed on all fronts. That kind of episode is a mid-season finale before going on hiatus, not a season finale.

jtb

Banned
I love how quiet and anticlimactic the finale was. But even that couldn't save it from being super boring because Carrie's love life has never ever been and never ever will be a strength of this show. stop it. fucking stop it.

and the whole explanation of Carrie's fears over her mental illness via her mother as plot device was just so cringeworthy and poorly executed. and unnecessary.

If the episode was Carrie, Saul, Dar Adal, Quinn and Lockhart dealing with the fallout of the shitstorm in an anticlimactic fashion (ie. the diner scene) that would've been fine, but this was just boring. Too bad.

Turin

Banned
Still not really into the Carrie/Quinn thing. They're a good buddy team.

If they were gonna go that route I think it needed more time.

Can someone give me a rundown of what happened this season? I stopped watching the ep where Carrie had sex with the middle eastern kid at the end.

nilbog21

Banned
Welp, what a stupid fucking ending to a terrible season. What is that shit with her mom, and her half brother, Tim? Are you serious with this shit? I can't believe everyone on here praised this shit as it went on.. I knew ever since the scene with Peter Russo in the car that this season was going to be dog shit, but I couldn't have imagined it being this bad.. Quin going Steven seagal in the middle east takes the cake though.

kirblar

This was a reset button of an episode so that they have carte blanche for next season.

Carrie/Quinn was never going to be a thing- but I enjoyed the trolling from the creators about it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Carrie's mom left her children to make more children and to work in a place filled with other children? Did she leave Frank for Xzibit?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That plus introducing the mother felt odd, like, a new character now?

Tons of shows use finales to introduce new characters though. I don't think it was a bad time to introduce new characters, but I think it was a mistake to introduce new characters that aren't related to whatever spycraft stuff they plan on focusing on next season (unless Carrie's mom is secretly a terrorist...). Absolutely no one cares about the domestic lives of Homeland's characters (and certainly not their love lives!) and I wish the writers would finally realize that (it seemed like they did though this season, so maybe Carrie's family won't be a big part of the show next year?).

That being said, I actually kind of liked the scene where Carrie talked to her mom about why she left, etc. I thought it was well done.

Last episode felt more like a finale and this felt like a premiere.

That it did.

Carrie's love life has never ever been and never ever will be a strength of this show. stop it. fucking stop it.

GIsxQgY.gif

Seriously, it's just dumb. The actors have no chemistry with each other and there has been no indication prior to their kissing that they had a thing for each other. It's a romance subplot for the sake of it. So dumb.

Carrie/Quinn was never going to be a thing- but I enjoyed the trolling from the creators about it.

I pray that it's just the writers trolling the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom