• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can Microsoft look at their current upcoming lineup and feel content with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

Weren't people making the same threads about Sony this time last year?

People just don't learn their lesson. MS could pull out a whole list of exclusives at E3 next year or at the Scorpio unveiling.

I mean, you say these things as if they're objective facts. But you finding Sony's first party output to be not great is entirely your own particular opinion, and nothing else.

Which is fine. But there are more eloquent ways to display that than your posts in this thread.

Anyway, more diversity in Microsoft's lineup would be fantastic. We're nowhere near the rut that was the 360's final couple of years, but it still could be so much better.

Exactly how it came across to me.

Skeeter49

If we're talking about Microsoft worrying, I don't think they'll be worrying much, unless Scalebound or Crackdown doesn't make it for the Scorpio launch.

As great as it is we're getting these Japanese games, to Microsoft, game media, and the general public they don't exist.

_Clash_

I think xbox needs new big hitters, I really want to play TLOU, UC, infamous, and GOW4 lol

I tend to consider the Sony western exclusives to be more cinematic single player games. Ofcourse there are exceptions but there is a trend (IMO)

Xbox exclusives are....more gamey? Like, games like Sea of Thieves (but what do you *do*) and Cuphead just hold more currency in my gaming habits.

I have to play Cuphead, I have to play Scalebound. I don't need to play Uncharted 4 kinda thing.

Happy gaming folks

Others have summed this up perfectly

Ms shows off games you will be playing within a year.....sony tends to unload whatever they are working on even if its more than a year until well be playing it

At the start of this year i could of pegged sony as having the better lineup of first party titles but forza horizon and gears 4 are awesome titles and im still playing both.

Early next year does look pretty stacked for ps4 so i would not be suprised to see things delay until late 2017..early 2018

Chobel

Where are the Sony racers(1 released so far), first person shooters( 1 released so far), shared co op games, RTs? Sony doubles down on cinematic third person game and relies on Japanese games and third party games. Let's not act like the variety is exploding on their side

I think the "variety" people talking about is the games from unpopular/niche genres.

I don't think MS has anything to worry about.

Outside of having some extra Japanese 3rd party exclusives, there's not much that MS can't match that I see, and from what I've seen, MS has definitely been stronger on the 1st party front since X1 and PS4 launch. I imagine this thread is more a product of Sony having just had a decent PS Experience conference, while MS is being silent, more than MS not having enough cool exclusive games. Also, thier lineup looks incredibly strong for the upcoming year. Let's see how this goes.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year, but I could see them taking the launch of Scorpio a lot more seriously than Sony took the launch of the PS4 Pro.

Ushay

You can see MS is trying with new IP but it's not working out for them so far.

Yr 1:
Ryse

Yr 2:
Sunset Overdrive

Yr 3:
Quantum Break
Recore

All of which were already in development Pre-Spencer.

OT - The OP feels he needs to get a lot off his chest obviously. He isn't entirely wrong though, Sony have some damn impressive stuff in the pipeline.

MS don't have the volume of talent and studios Sony has at their disposal, this is a fact, so it isn't a bad idea for them to hire out studios to work on their exclusives. This shouldn't be a point of contention, games are games at the end of the day regardless of how they are delivered in your hands.

My second point is that PSX has only just gone past us, MS has yet to present anything for both their new hardware or software in production. Why don't we wait for that before banging the console war drum eh? Somehow I seriously doubt MS will be announcing a console that touts a lot of 'power' with the same games that have been announced over the last 2 years?

I've been hearing for the past few years that all those games on PS4 don't count cause they are niche and japanese and not AAA and other such nonsense

Its hard to fathom. I'm glad people are seeing that those games matter.

Not to take away from MS, they have plenty of great games on their platform as well, but content matters, establishing partnerships and building community also matters.

I can tell you right now that Scorpio is not what MS needs to do to head in that direction.

So what do you think they need if not a new device to distance themselves from the shitshow that was XB1 (reveal)

Wedzi

Banned
While new internal studios would be cool, I don't really see the issue with teaming up with external developers. A lot of Xbox' best games came from partnerships with independent devs: Fable (1), PGR series, Gears series, Forza Horizon series, Ori, etc. They just need to be willing to take a chance.

Yeah I mostly agree with this I was just pointing out what I think Phil's goals are as far as creating and developing IP. Plus I would rather MS continue to work with partners than try to create a bunch of new studios. I doubt that would pan out well for anyone. Really hoping they give Remedy another chance but after Alan Wake and Quantum Break not living up to sale expectations I doubt that's going to happen.

Hoping their patience with titles like Scalebound and Crackdown pays off. From my perspective it's not for MS lack of trying but titles just aren't hitting critically and commercially for them.

Since they didn't sell off the rights to Fable when Lionhead was shut down I wonder who MS could partner with to develop? Fable 2 and 3 were very successful. Xbox and western gamers love their WRPGs you think they would want to get the ball rolling on that.

As an aside I know lots of Xboxers that are frustrated with Xbox's lack of JRPG support and Japanese games in general (no Persona 5, no KH 2.8, etc) but they'll probably just have to get over that one sadly or buy a PS4 (which isn't like you know the end of the world but I understand wanting to keep your games under one umbrella or playing on the platform of your choice)

Skeeter49

I can't think of a new Sony exclusive PS4 game that came out on time this gen besides Knack and Killzone. I guess MLB if that counts.
Bloodborne almost did, but From decided Ready At Dawn had to fight their own battles.
I'm curious to see if no first party dates until ready actually creates less announced delays.

All of which were already in development Pre-Spencer.

OT - The OP feels he needs to get a lot off his chest obviously. He isn't entirely wrong though, Sony have some damn impressive stuff in the pipeline.

MS don't have the volume of talent and studios Sony has at their disposal, this is a fact, so it isn't a bad idea for them to hire out studios to work on their exclusives. This shouldn't be a point of contention, games are games at the end of the day regardless of how they are delivered in your hands.

My second point is that PSX has only just gone past us, MS has yet to present anything for both their new hardware or software in production. Why don't we wait for that before banging the console war drum eh?

Regarding your first point, how long are we saying that though? That's not a new thing, Sony for the better part of a decade as always had more studio but the problem is that MS doesn't seem to be interested in actually building some of their own.

I was disappointed when Black Tusk was rebranded as The Coalition because it showed that once again MS wanted to play it safe.

I don't blame the developers since working on a big IP ensure a level of security that a studio trying to create one big hit might not have.

This is a corporation that averages the lowest metascore of the first parties, what, every single year? Their games just aren't that great, for the most part. They've always relied on third party studios do push neat stuff for them. Like how the PS2 was basically the GTA/FF/DMC machine back in the day. They push out cliche narratives with Naughty Dog, bad shooters with Guerilla, and Gran Turismo's a sluggish mess that never bothered to catch up with Forza.

This tend to happen when you release more games outside of those """""""exemples""""""" you gave.

MS has enough support to get through 2017. They have at least 3-4 big games on the horizon, and they'll probably announce one or two more.

Most of their games are not particularly to my tastes, but their first party lineup is not so dire.

I can understand those who feel like MS isn't investing much in new games, though.

Sony's investment into cinematic story driven games that are real lookers has been a big force behind their hype machine, I feel. Even raw sewerage like Killzone SF and The Order 1886 generated serious hype and helped them "win conferences". When 2/3 of their lineup disappoints on release it doesn't matter so much because there's a few high profile wins (Uncharted is a reliable crowd-pleaser for instance) and the hype train for games that won't be coming out for 18-24 months has already started.

On thing I can't dispute though is Microsoft has real fucking issues making the gaming community excited for much of anything. It's like there's this air of inferiority around everything they do, even though in the final reckoning their games are often quite good. They need to keep trying with new IPs until they can gets something fresh, and some real prestige projects that can get people excited.

Yeah but Sony isn't really the only one doing the big cinematic garbage games for hype though... For the two games you listed, Xbox had Ryse and Quantum Break, the latter of which had literal TV episodes you had to sit through.

Raw64life

Because Microsoft don't care about Japanese games.

Q1 2017 retail PS4 games not releasing on Xbone One:

Gravity Rush 2
Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
Horizon: Zero Dawn
MLB The Show 17
Persona 5

Q1 2017 retail Xbox One games not releasing on PS4:

Halo Wars 2

NieR Automata
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 1.5+2.5
Ni No Kuni 2
Crash Bandicoot Collection
Ace Combat 7

Regardless of whether Sony owns, produces or funds those games they are exclusives(or console exclusive) that add a lot to their library. There may be more that I'm forgetting. Of course the ton of digital games as well.

Also Microsoft did not have a better 2016 than Sony on paper looking the number of releases and the reception for those games.

And Yakuza. Seriously guys, give that franchise your love.

Teeth

I do think MS would do well to have a high budget, visually impressive, exclusive tentpole WRPG.

I just don't know who the hell would make it. I just don't think Obsidian has the art chops for it, but they would probably be the best option.

Bgamer90

Banned
Seriously?

Weren't people making the same threads about Sony this time last year?

People just don't learn their lesson. MS could pull out a whole list of exclusives at E3 next year or at the Scorpio unveiling.

Exactly. It's a cycle.

And yeah, it does seem like they are saving stuff to show alongside a Scorpio event.

Xbox E3 was in June and Horizon 3, and Gears of War 4 launched a few weeks/months back. PSX was just a few days ago. Of course Sony has the better looking "upcoming" lineup. What were people expecting?

Head.spawn

My second point is that PSX has only just gone past us, MS has yet to present anything for both their new hardware or software in production. Why don't we wait for that before banging the console war drum eh?

These threads come out after every PSX so far... like, "Sony just announced this stuff yesterday!! MS needs to announce stuff right away!".

I think each year MS has done a good job responding at their own pace.

I mean, it's not like they aren't about to debut a new console and software for said console around e3 or anything, lol.

You want them to announce halo 6 and 7 at the same time?

I'm weak. lol

This is a corporation that averages the lowest metascore of the first parties, what, every single year? Their games just aren't that great, for the most part. They've always relied on third party studios do push neat stuff for them. Like how the PS2 was basically the GTA/FF/DMC machine back in the day. They push out cliche narratives with Naughty Dog, bad shooters with Guerilla, and Gran Turismo's a sluggish mess that never bothered to catch up with Forza.

I like you Doc, but your anti-Sony bias is palpable. You're really going to use metacritic average to prove a point when some of your favourite games of all time didn't set the charts on fire? And Microsoft have certainly had their ups and downs with first party developed games over the years. I was an Xbox guy at the time, but trying to suggest the PS2 was basically a GTA/FF/DMC(?) machine is frankly absurd.

I preferred the 360 to the PS3 as well by quite a margin, but looking at things like the following list really shows it's not wise to paint with too thick of a brush: http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1218723

I'm baffled by the variety talk. I mean, sure, if you try to encapsulate everything the Japanese games provide as "Japanese games" and lump other categories together, you can demerit Sony's lineup but I don't think it is really disputable. If you gathered every game in every genre, Sony would have the most covered by far. MS has their strengths with certain genre but they can't keep up with how far Sony's output reaches.

It is like arguing that Sony and MS compete with Nintendo in the platformer genre. They just don't. Put your biases aside.

Leflus

Since they didn't sell off the rights to Fable when Lionhead was shut down I wonder who MS could partner with to develop? Fable 2 and 3 were very successful. Xbox and western gamers love their WRPGs you think they would want to get the ball rolling on that.
Maybe they'll do something similar to what they did with Lost Odyssey and Crackdown 3

A small core design team (Mistwalker/Reagent games) + a bigger studio to do the heavy load (Goodfeel/Sumo Digital).

They seem to have good relationship with Sumo Digital right now (FH2 on 360 and Crackdown 3). Maybe they could work on Fable IV? It's a British studio as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way for Fable.

(I hope Xbox doesn't listen to Ryan Mccaffrey on this one. He wants Rare to take over the Fable series)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
But isn't it pretty subjective?

I mean, for me personally, outside Spider-man, Horizon and Last of Us, I don't see anything on PS4 in the future that interests me personally.

On Xbox I've got Crackdown, Scalebound, State of Decay, Forza Horizon 4, Halo 6, plus who knows what else might get announced in the next couple of years. So I don't get how the OP can exclaim this kind of stuff like it's so objective.

Because the fact is, it isn't.

This is a corporation that averages the lowest metascore of the first parties, what, every single year? Their games just aren't that great, for the most part.

You do know this is absolute bullshit right?
2016 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2015-releases
Sony - 74.4, Microsoft is not even in the list

2015 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2014-releases
Sony - 72.5, Microsoft 68.9

2014 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2013-releases
Sony - 72.3, Microsoft 72.1

2013 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases
Sony 72.3, Microsoft 73.0

2012 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2011-releases
Sony - 72.8, Microsoft 77.2

2011 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2010-releases
Sony - 70.9, Microsoft 73.4

So, Microsoft is on top 3 years, Sony is on top 3 years.
I mean, this is kinda pointless, but It's like you're stuck in 2012 or something, yikes.

Leflus

I mean, for me personally, outside Spider-man, Horizon and Last of Us, I don't see anything on PS4 in the future that interests me personally.

On Xbox I've got Crackdown, Scalebound, State of Decay, Forza Horizon 4, Halo 6, plus who knows what else might get announced in the next couple of years. So I don't get how the OP can exclaim this kind of stuff like it's so objective.

I would argue that it's fair to say that it's subjective when it comes to first party games.

Sony has a clear advantage in terms of third party games, though.

HotHamBoy

Sony has some interesting 1st party exclusives but they also have Japanese games, especially fighters and RPGs, that XBOX doesn't.

I realize that the people who bought an XB1 instead of a PS4 probably knew they were giving up most of Japan's contributions to the generation, but I still feel bad that they will be missing:

Persona 5
NiNoKuni 2
Neir Automata
Guilty Gear series
Digimon Story Cybersleuth
Blazblue series
Odin Sphere Leifthraser
Street Fighter V
Dragon Quest Builders
King of Fighters 14
SNK's awesome NeoGeo ports
Etc etc

Edit: it's actually pretty crazy considering almost all of these would have been multiplat last gen.

I don't think MS has anything to worry about.

Outside of having some extra Japanese 3rd party exclusives, there's not much that MS can't match that I see, and from what I've seen, MS has definitely been stronger on the 1st party front since X1 and PS4 launch. I imagine this thread is more a product of Sony having just had a decent PS Experience conference, while MS is being silent, more than MS not having enough cool exclusive games. Also, thier lineup looks incredibly strong for the upcoming year. Let's see how this goes.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year, but I could see them taking the launch of Scorpio a lot more seriously than Sony took the launch of the PS4 Pro.

I see this a lot, but based on what? Sony has the two highest rated exclusives of the generation between two (Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne) and an annualized sports game in MLB The Show that is guaranteed to get good reviews similar to Forza. It has successes like Until Dawn, inFAMOUS SS, Ratchet & Clank and now The Last Guardian. I think the high profile failures like The Order 1886 and Drive Club and being given too much weight.

I'm just not seeing where Microsoft's output has been better. Both Halo and Gears have taken major dips in critical and commercial reception and they haven't a launched new successful AAA IP yet. A streak which goes all the way back to Gears Of War on the 360.

Regarding your first point, how long are we saying that though? That's not a new thing, Sony for the better part of a decade as always had more studio but the problem is that MS doesn't seem to be interested in actually building some of their own.

I was disappointed when Black Tusk was rebranded as The Coalition because it showed that once again MS wanted to play it safe.

I don't blame the developers since working on a big IP ensure a level of security that a studio trying to create one big hit might not have?
Because they don't view the long term investment as meaningful to their annual bottom line. That is the problem they are penny pinching the investment side yet splurge on one off exclusivity like tomb raider that ended up meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Chronically short term thinking. Investing in studios means spending for years to get gravy years later. That doesn't fit in a annual fiscal report well unless. Microsoft fuckin wakes up and realizes you have to spend money to build a talent pool to make great games.

They also even such at making third party relationships look how much third party showed up to psx. Sony has enough content to fir in multiple e3 like events each year because of their thoughtful long term management.

Microsoft in comparison just looks fucking anorexic and lethargic in comparison when they get to the trade shows.

shingi70

Banned
I assumed that Scalebound and crackdown were purposely delayed to launch with Scorpio. Hope we get a tease of a new fable at the unveiling.

You do know this is absolute bullshit right?
2016 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2015-releases
Sony - 74.4, Microsoft is not even in the list

2015 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2014-releases
Sony - 72.5, Microsoft 68.9

2014 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2013-releases
Sony - 72.3, Microsoft 72.1

2013 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases
Sony 72.3, Microsoft 73.0

2012 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2011-releases
Sony - 72.8, Microsoft 77.2

2011 - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2010-releases
Sony - 70.9, Microsoft 73.4

So, Microsoft is on top 3 years, Sony is on top 3 years.
I mean, this is kinda pointless, but It's like you're stuck in 2012 or something, yikes.

Nice work.

daTRUballin

Maybe they'll do something similar to what they did with Lost Odyssey and Crackdown 3

A small core design team (Mistwalker/Reagent games) + a bigger studio to do the heavy load (Goodfeel/Sumo Digital).

They seem to have good relationship with Sumo Digital right now (FH2 on 360 and Crackdown 3). Maybe they could work on Fable IV? It's a British studio as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way for Fable.

(I hope Xbox doesn't listen to Ryan Mccaffrey on this one. He wants Rare to take over the Fable series)

Why not? Rare is a British studio after all. Maybe they could handle Fable well enough.

If you're concerned about Rare potentially becoming a Fable factory similar to what Lionhead was, then I agree. Come to think of it, I'm pretty surprised Rare was never given an MS IP to work on all these years. I mean, I know Rare was working on a Crackdown game at one point, but I'm not sure if Crackdown counts as a first party MS IP.

Wedzi

Banned

I'm definitely with you on that. One of my good friends really wants Obsidian to take over the franchise but as you previously mentioned, Fable needs a British developer

Where are the Sony racers(1 released so far), first person shooters( 1 released so far), shared co op games, RTs? Sony doubles down on cinematic third person game and relies on Japanese games and third party games. Let's not act like the variety is exploding on their side

It took four Forza games to overtake the sales of DriveClub. Sony has published a number of co-op games: Helldivers, Alienation, the upcoming Uncharted Co-op, Killzone had a mode. MS has no answers for stuff like Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, The Crash remake, Dreams or Tearaway. Sony has three open world franchises between inFamous, Horizon and Days Gone. Plus Wild and Death Stranding, I guess? And then there's a ton of VR games. Math doesn't lie here and "exploding" is a totally fair term for the PS4's output.

I see this a lot, but based on what? Sony has the two highest rated exclusives of the generation between two (Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne) and an annualized sports game in MLB The Show that is guaranteed to get good reviews similar to Forza. It has successes like Until Dawn, inFAMOUS SS, Ratchet & Clank and now The Last Guardian. I think the high profile failures like The Order 1886 and Drive Club and being given too much weight.

I'm just not seeing where Microsoft's output has been better. Both Halo and Gears have taken major dips in critical and commercial reception and they still haven't a launched new successful AAA IP yet. A streak which goes all the way back to Gears Of War on the 360.

I don't know if we can base who has the stronger games based on opinions either.

De_Legend

Banned

No days gone, no gow, no nioh, no nier, no persona, no gt, no uncharted standalone dlc? Wow.

Because they don't view the long term investment as meaningful to their annual bottom line. That is the problem they are penny pinching the investment side yet splurge on one off exclusivity like tomb raider that ended up meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Chronically short term thinking. Investing in studios means spending for years to get gravy years later.

I've been saying this same thing. Since MS's weak areas are the majority of the EU and all of Asia they need to invest long term into studios there not just quadruple down on the US. People always complain about how Japanese studios don't care about Xbox but how can you expect them to when MS doesn't even care to have a Japanese first party studio? MS is about as global a company there is but yet they treat Xbox like some sort of local startup relative to the overall corp.

I know a junior shouldn't argue with a mod, but are you really saying that the majority of Sony games are disappointing while the majority of Microsoft's ones are not ?

You can argue with anybody, there's no special status conferred to me by being a moderator.

I probably misspoke, the ratios I put there are exaggerations for how many of Sony's games disappoint. But it's true for certain years, and a variety of Sony's first or second party heavy hitters have disappointed so far this gen. Some for Microsoft too - Ryse being technically third party but pretty much all MS. Something like Quantum Break getting middling reviews (although I thought it was pretty good myself that's not really the point).

The games I had in mind, which range from moderate disappointments to major turds:

- Killzone: Shadowfall
- Knack
- Driveclub
- Littlebigplanet 3
- The Order 1886 (I'm emphasizing this as being a particularly egregious turd)
- The Tomorrow Children
- No Man's Sky

Microsoft doesn't KNOW how to cultivate new IP, shy of throwing money at a dev with an idea. They've tried a plethora of times already and have come up empty pretty much every time.

Bgamer90

Banned
It took four Forza games to overtake the sales of DriveClub.

Sales > quality/critical reception? I find it funny how this goes back and forth based on whatever works with the argument.

MS has no answers for stuff like Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, The Crash remake, Dreams or Tearaway.

I would say games like Ori, FRU, and Cuphead fit in the same category/vibe.

Sony has three open world franchises between inFamous, Horizon and Days Gone. Plus Wild and Death Stranding, I guess? And then there's a ton of VR games. Math doesn't lie here and "exploding" is a totally fair term for the PS4's output.

But it's math based on what you know now and not what will actually happen in the future. We don't know what will get delayed, we don't know what games will end up dissappointing, and we don't know what will get announced in 2017 that will release during the same year. This is silly.

Leflus

Why not? Rare is a British studio after all. Maybe they could handle Fable well enough.

If you're concerned about Rare potentially becoming a Fable factory similar to what Lionhead was, then I agree. Come to think of it, I'm pretty surprised Rare was never given an MS IP to work on all these years.
I think Rare could easily handle the Fable series. It's just that I want them to work on their own IPs instead.

As for your last point: Rare has actually lent some of its devs / artists to other MS studios in the past. They assisted Bungie with Halo 3 and Lionhead with Fable The Journey. Not in any major capacity, though.

I don't know if we can base who has the stronger games based on opinions either.

What is the point of this discussion then? Any random person can say I like this platform's exclusives better. Sony's have been deemed better by the industry. And don't say reviews don't matter because we have topic today that shows just how important they are.

Wedzi

Banned
Sony has some interesting 1st party exclusives but they also have Japanese games, especially fighters and RPGs, that XBOX doesn't.

I realize that the people who bought an XB1 instead of a PS4 probably knew they were giving up most of Japan's contributions to the generation, but I still feel bad that they will be missing:

Persona 5
NiNoKuni 2
Neir Automata
Guilty Gear series
Digimon Story Cybersleuth
Blazblue series
Odin Sphere Leifthraser
Street Fighter V
Dragon Quest Builders
King of Fighters 14
SNK's awesome NeoGeo ports
Etc etc

Edit: it's actually pretty crazy considering almost all of these would have been multiplat last gen.

It's going to take a MS third party relations team with the mindset of #buildingthelist to help these companies move some of these games over to XB1. Hell I thought after Catherine Persona 5 would be coming to the 360 (or just Xbox). It'll be interesting to see how much FFXV sells on Xbox One when it's all said and done. If one of the biggest recognizable names in JRPGs can't sell then it's definitely over for Japanese support if it isn't already. But I do think KH3 will still come out on XB1 as well as some future Square Enix games thanks to supporting Unreal Engine 4. Porting should be easier at that point.

Sales > quality/critical reception? I find it funny how this goes back and forth based on whatever works with the argument.

I would say games like Ori, FRU, and Cuphead fit in the same category/vibe.

But it's math based on what you know now and not what will actually happen in the future. We don't know what will get delayed, we don't know what games will end up dissappointing, and we don't know what will get announced in 2017 that will release during the same year. This is silly.

I don't think I'd agree with that. I don't get that vibe from any of those. Ori is a good game though. From what I've seen of cuphead, it's nothing like any of those in anything besides asthetic and that's even a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom