• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Pepsi a beverage that exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax

Banned
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste /that/ bad, but in this world we have the superior soda, it's called Coca-Cola. I even tried the "sweetened with real sugar" Pepsi, which tasted leagues better than the standard canned swill they call a Coke competitor.. But was still 100% flat 5 minutes after opening the can, a problem basically every Pepsi product has (hi Mountain Dew, why do I have to basically chug your delicious contents in order to fully enjoy every drop?)

Y'know, if Real Sugar Pepsi stayed carbonated even half as long as Coke, I could maybe see it as a valid competitor, because it tastes more similar to Coke, but then you bust out a bottle of Real Sugar Mexican Coke, and Pepsi just seems shitty again.

What say you, Pepsi-Cola-GAF?

HUELEN10

Pepsi Cola exists because you're wrong and we love you enough to have it around you in the hopes that you will see the light someday, wether it be cane sugar, beet sugar, or HFCS, your choice.

It doesn't exist.

The whole thing is an elaborate joke on you, OP.

Dammit, now the jig is up.

I don't know, it fucking sucks.

When I was younger I preferred pepsi to coke, I actually really disliked coke. But then I tried drinking more and sometimes when it's a hot summer day all I want is a nice cold Coke™

_woLf

Coke makes my teeth feel like they're coated in acid. It's fucking nasty.

Pepsi does not, and thus it is superior.

FStop7

Banned
It's trash compared to Coke. But it's nice to have choices.

Why do restaurants even carry Pepsi products? No amount of money is worth putting your customers through that. I mean what the fuck Taco Bell and Jersey Mikes?

Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut were owned by PepsiCo for many years, until they were spun out as Yum Brands.

Smellycat

Yeah, Coca Cola is much much better than Pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet.

They are both terrible for you though, and that is why I usually get water when I go out to restaurants. That and the fact it is free haha

jax

Banned
Pepsi Cola exists because you're wrong and we love you enough to have it around you in the hopes that you will see the light someday, wether it be cane sugar, beet sugar, or HFCS, your choice.

I bought a 8 pack of standard Pepsi for some Pepsi-fan guests and they didn't want it because it's so nasty. They brought their own 12 pack of Real Sugar Pepsi, which was much better, but still wasn't as good as Coke, and it was flat within 10 minutes. :(

It doesn't exist.

The whole thing is an elaborate joke on you, OP.

Dammit, now the jig is up.
I was wondering why they were hastily throwing 12 packs on the shelf when I entered the store..

Pepsi exists because some people wanted a sweeter, less acidic cola than Coke.

I'm not really a fan of cola in general, but if I had to choose I'd take Coke.

3N16MA

Banned
Why do restaurants even carry Pepsi products? No amount of money is worth putting your customers through that. I mean what the fuck Taco Bell and Jersey Mikes?

Taco Bell is under the Yum Brands and Yum was a spinoff from a previous PepsiCo division.

Kaladin

Let's be real here.

wpe9A.jpg

Can pepsi tastes like blood, or like if you sucked a metal lollipop. I dont like can coke either but pepsi is really bad. Crystal bottle coke tastes amazing though, but plastic or machine are a good replacement. Ive never seen pepsi on crystal bottles.
Im not a soda type of guy though, mostly drink mineral water, but if a restaurant has crystal bottle coke I choose that in a heartbeat.

WillyFive

IIRC, Pepsi was willing to hire coloreds back during it's early days (unlike Coca-Cola), which gave them a big push from minorities and eventually skyrocketed into being able to compete with the big red.

The fact that it tastes better helps too.

I don't get it either, OP. Coca-Cola is objectively superior. I also shake my head at any bar that has Pepsi products on hand rather than Coke. Pepsi sucks so bad at drink mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom