• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I dont like Thors design

j0hnnix

Thor ready for war.
the hangover comedy GIF

LordOfChaos

Ever seen a frikkin' strongman?

thor.jpg

This is much closer to the mythological Thor than your Marvel movies. Do you really think a strong Viking would have cared about his 9% body fat? F*ck no!

^^^

Strongmen aren't dehydrated models with 8 packs, this is probably what they were going for.

Besides obesity probably affects gods differently and their healthcare plans are pretty good

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I still think the fat thor from Avengers was his best design. He looks badass in the end game. Probably that's why I don't mind this thor

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Then why wear shoulder pads and three layers of leather on his legs? My point is it makes no sense as an armor but to be honest I don’t care that much about it and like I said, design wise he’s ok.
It's designed to cater to the female gaze. The armor is completely unpractical and is designed to show off his nipples.

Braag

I'm guessing he's supposed to look like a big strongman. They don't usually have abs or chiseled bodies, you don't want stuff like that when you're gonna lift a massive boulder.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I'm glad they went something different from the mainstream expectation of Thor. Thanks to Marvel, he's a well known character. By going in a very different direction to that mainstream expectation, God of War's Thor will now be separated in the mind of players from Hemsworth.

To go a touch further, when people talk about bold character directions - this is a good example of that in action. It's not pushing an ideological or social commentary angle, it's not designed to "push back" against standards. It's a design that works logically and thematically, that's striking and memorable, and is far removed from what someone would expect. I'm on board.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm glad they went something different from the mainstream expectation of Thor. Thanks to Marvel, he's a well known character. By going in a very different direction to that mainstream expectation, God of War's Thor will now be separated in the mind of players from Hemsworth.
Honestly, that's such a popular association with mainstream audiences now that going the opposite direction may have literally been a requirement when you think about it. This Thor is going to be a villain, and I think people are going to more easily take this character on his own merits when he looks the opposite of Marvel's Thor.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's more accurate than any other pop-culture depictions and quite ballsy I think.

Why does everyone in a game have to look like a model / actor?

merman GIF
Im waiting for Sony Santa Monica Studios for game models who don't look good and want to do other things good too

Loxus

I'm more annoyed he isn't wearing Járngreipr to hold Mjölnir. Vambraces don't count.

Not sure if that's Megingjörð on his waist, we'll see...
I'm thinking this is just normal Thor.
To be full power Thor he may have to put them on, thus gaining a more muscular physique.

We all know trailers and images don't tell us much about everything that will happen, which is why I'm disappointed about everyone who calls it a PS4 DLC.

belmarduk

It looks like Thor has made a life choice. And we won't belittle him for eating lots of cookies, cakes and pies.

AGRacing

This design actually makes sense, unlike Aloy who is fat while she is supposed to be an agile hunter.
Hey... Aloy ain't fat... she just has a bit of a weird shaped head and a bit of a post apocalypse pompadour hair shape that doesn't help. Then they said "Let's spend some GPU resources on thin white hairs on her face".

She's still lovable though.

Last edited:
Cool man, there’s some fat strong people, there’s some ripped strong people too.

a93eca1fd913779f08ed40ce2b085d71-695x1024.jpg
This is your idea of ripped? I wouldn’t call this ripped in the slightest. Not saying he isn’t very strong but ripped is something more akin to Chris Heria.

You can’t be ripped and have like 20% body fat.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Thor-Is-Fat-in-God-of-War-Ragnarok-And-Gamers-Arent-Happy2-819x1024.jpg.webp

Just.....what. No im not saying I want #hemsworth in this I dont mind the attire the hair etc. Its just, a god that should be one of the most recognize-able and should scream badassery is thor but just.....whaaaaattttt

I also dislike how much like the other site "omg body shaming how dare you" do people realize how unhealthy it is to be obese? Its not just a detriment to yourself its also to our health care system. If you can walk to the fridge fine you can exercise. Stop making obesity a norm in society.

When I see Thor like this I'm not thinking about how cool or powerful he looks, Im thinking about diabetes.
Considering half the people on this forums probably look like that minus the hammer, i think its ok lol "lollipop_disappointed:

Truth is, this is how i see EviLore EviLore , the belly at least. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:
Top Bottom