• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I herd joo liek catz : The Official Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G thread!!

Gattsu25

Banned
Vorador said:
That banner is amazing :lol

Good thread Defuser, will buy when gets outside Japan.
If and when

I *want* this, but refuse to read languages I cannot comprehend
spindoc said:
That was pacing behind that was awful. It's centered around a hunter making his new gear and weapon to take on the new wyvern. Hardly any interesting action and no reference or mention of the cat warriors! I was expecting some sort of climax or resolve by the end of the vid.
I thought it was WTF amazing. Loved the fact that they focused on the gathering/crafting aspects of the game as well as representing the capturing process in high fidelity visuals.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
WHITE AKA WAHHHHHHHH
Ucamulbas.jpg

Seems like a new mountain zone, similar to the volcano one that the original Akantor had.
edit: Also, note the requirement, HR9

bigswords

Why won't there be an English version of this?

Edit: And why does 1up, gamespot still give crappy scores for the series. This game is so awesome and it's on the go!!!!

Defuser

spindoc said:
WHITE AKA WAHHHHHHHH
Ucamulbas.jpg

Seems like a new mountain zone, similar to the volcano one that the original Akantor had.
edit: Also, note the requirement, HR9
Holy shit HR 9 :O?

Not only that,check out the weapons made out of white aka.

Ha Yaiba Yakkamrubas [DS]
Raw: 490
Ice: 120
Defense: +10

Haken Wenkamrubas [GS]
Raw: 1680

Hayari Kerukekamrubas [Lance]
Raw: 805

Ha Houyari Bashikamrubas [Gunlance]
Raw: 805

Hayumi Aikamurubas
Raw: 432
Ice: 100
Defense +10

Got any pics of Queen Rangosta?

Defuser said:
Nope,2 more days then maybe I can get it. But right now,it's HK/Taiwan people that got the game.

This is one of the very few games that I really mind and hate seeing pirated ISO coming earlier than the real games.... SCREW YOU Capcom Asia for holding the game release here!

But anyways... the game will be in my hands in a few hours :D

EDIT: By the way... I just read from another forums that there is Lao training in this game... LOL

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
AnimeTheme said:
EDIT: By the way... I just read from another forums that there is Lao training in this game... LOL

Haha, someone was joking about it a few days ago. What a waste of time...

Those raw numbers for the white aka weapons are just too much, I really hope other endgame weapons match those numbers; its a bore when everyone ends up using the same gear!

edit: Want to post a few official PSP wallpapers, these apparently came from the Playstation Spot service:

MONSTER_HUNTER_PORTABLE_2nd_G___-2.jpg

MONSTER_HUNTER_PORTABLE_2nd_G______.jpg

MONSTER_HUNTER_PORTABLE_2nd_G___-1.jpg

Is this game any good solo because I'm never going to have friends who play it and I'm not dedicated enough to do Xlink. If it's good solo I'll track down a copy.

Defuser

neverknowsbest said:
Is this game any good solo because I'm never going to have friends who play it and I'm not dedicated enough to do Xlink. If it's good solo I'll track down a copy.
The game is made for soloing and multiplayer. I managed to reach the highest rank by myself.

Defuser

OOOOH YEAH!!! I got my copy already!!

10z2pv5.jpg

2 manuals - 1 JP and 1 Mandarin
A Monster Hunter Trading Card - Azure Rathalos
Card protective cover.

Error said:
edit: what exactly transfer over from P2nd to P2ndG?
Everything :D

What new from brief playing -
More items parts to farm,new minerals.etc
New Monster parts - Aka ruby,great Oonazuchi ruby.etc

Weapons that you thought have reach the final upgrade seem to have more upgrade.That's right!!! You upgrade your true devil slicer to a even better devil slicer!!!

Animetheme,you got your copy yet? If so then we can start our Xlink rampage to HR7!!!!!

Matix

Defuser said:
OOOOH YEAH!!! I got my copy already!!

2 manuals - 1 JP and 1 Mandarin
A Monster Hunter Trading Card - Azure Rathalos
Card protective cover.

Everything :D

What new from brief playing -
More items parts to farm,new minerals.etc
New Monster parts - Aka ruby,great Oonazuchi ruby.etc

Weapons that you thought have reach the final upgrade seem to have more upgrade.That's right!!! You upgrade your true devil slicer to a even better devil slicer!!!

Animetheme,you got your copy yet? If so then we can start our Xlink rampage to HR7!!!!!

Wow, did you purchase the game in Japan or did you acquire it elsewhere?!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
interesting about the LS spirit gauge. keep posting about all the differences.

Defuser

Error said:
interesting about the LS spirit gauge. keep posting about all the differences.
No wait,sorry. It's my akantor armor that is nerfing the LS gauge. But the spirit gauge will drop constantly fast.

Akantor bow is nerfed to 252 damage,160 dragon, and only 2 charges which is lvl3 scatter and lvl 3 pierce :( But it can be upgraded.

Akantor melee Armor is nerfed. They reduced earplug skill by 5 points and added a new negative skill which maybe leads to nerfing of the spirit gauge.

Oh and Feylne skill Heroic no longer can stack with armor skill Adrenaline+2 for the total of x 1.8 attack bonus anymore. (Kyoufu am cry)

That's all for the next few hours,I'm gonna sleep. You can ask for more differences from Animetheme or spindoc.

Defuser

NomarTyme said:
So is the loading time really quick for those who are running off the disc with the New media install?
As fast as running a ISO from a memory stick.

Btw....the lines waiting for MHP2G!!

29ni7g2.jpg

20zveyu.jpg

wvspz6.jpg

tald8i.jpg

j6ois4.jpg

332qp9i.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
When I was picking up Phantasy Star Complete they had signs that pretty much said "Haha, no." in regards to MH.
I'm going to Osaka to do some game shopping anyway, but my hopes are not up!

-Mikey-

I bought MHF2 a few weeks back and only started to do a few 2 star quests and am really enjoying it. With no US release announced I'd like to get into this but had 1 major thing holding me back. Since I'm not the highest rank is there a reason to get this now or should I aim for the highest rank in MHF2 before buying this and playing with fellow gaffers..

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
-Mikey- said:
I bought MHF2 a few weeks back and only started to do a few 2 star quests and am really enjoying it. With no US release announced I'd like to get into this but had 1 major thing holding me back. Since I'm not the highest rank is there a reason to get this now or should I aim for the highest rank in MHF2 before buying this and playing with fellow gaffers..

2nd G does allow you to start from scratch or import your save, but it'll be a good 100 hours before you can start to touch the new content. Stick with your original purchase, as you can cover the same ground, in english at least, and if you decide you're really liking it and want more, you can migrate your character over to 2nd G.

Defuser

LOL, G class quest is really challenging since almost all the monsters have new tricks which leads to instant death or nearly dead. The best armor you gain from MHP2 is a fucking joke against these G class monsters.

Me & AnimeTheme have a long hard time surviving and killing these monsters. You can't even be at ease against a zazami(Hermitaur). They hit hard.

Tenbatsu

Defuser said:
LOL, G class quest is really challenging since almost all the monsters have new tricks which leads to instant death or nearly dead. The best armor you gain from MHP2 is a fucking joke against these G class monsters.

Me & AnimeTheme have a long hard time surviving and killing these monsters. You can't even be at ease against a zazami(Hermitaur). They hit hard.

Sounds like the same back then from MH to MHG, MH armors are useless against G class monster. Awesome.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait. Should be getting mine sometime next week. Can you comment on any of the weapons? People are crying nerf left and right, I'm wondering if it's just because the G rank monsters have insane HP.

Defuser

spindoc said:
I can't wait. Should be getting mine sometime next week. Can you comment on any of the weapons? People are crying nerf left and right, I'm wondering if it's just because the G rank monsters have insane HP.
Profusion got nerfed since it got a negative affinity. But yeah,G class monsters have insane HP,it took me 25 - 30 mins to finish a quest while with Animetheme ,it's half the time.

Got mine from NCSx this morning (next day delivery cost as much as the game lol, but it's my birthday, eh, so what the hell). Will play SP for a bit and jump online later after I run to the bank.

Defuser

Hey Animetheme,I'm sorry but Xlink is being a problematic with the servers therefore I can't play for the night.

Myself and my cat, Apple.

New yellow spark animation when you hit the head with hammers for KO effect chances. Nice to see this visual que added.

IMO the coolest LS. It's called Phantom Mirage and made from Chameleos. It's so neat. It's made from his toungue, flesh, and makes the whipping sound as the slash sound effect. When sheathed, the purple flesh wraps around the blade, when unsheathed is coils up toward the hilt. Best part is, when your spirit gauge is full, THE BLADE TURNS INVISIBLE. Very cool design.

Error

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I need this :(

how's the cat AI? is it as awesome as the trailer made it out to be?

Error said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I need this :(

how's the cat AI? is it as awesome as the trailer made it out to be?

The cat is pretty terrible, but I guess that's because I haven't given him any skills yet. I only gave him Fire element because we were fighting Khezu. My cat throws small barrel bombs and does a tiny bit of melee action. The cat gets KO'd really fast and recovered underground most of the time. It only took one Monoblos charge to KO Apple. When the cat's HP are recovered they pop back up into action. Once when Gypceros had me dizzy the cat whacked me, and another time he/she woke me up from a sleep attack from Hypnoc. I read from others that the bombing cat can get really awesome. Have to learn more.

BOSS CHANGES
===========

Gypceros - You've seen the stretchy tail whip from the trailer, but what they don't show you is once his crystal is broken, his flash animation makes a poison gas explosion ala Gravios/Basarios gas attacks. When in rage mode and frothing poison from his mouth, his bite attacks poisoned me. Also, his chance to steal with his bite attacks has shot way up. Don't bring your charms ever.

Zazami - His mile high jump now follows you instead of staying in place. The backwards running attack now ends with a wonderfully animated jump at you. The big scissor attack with the claws now has a delay, like he's charging it. Probably is much stonger than normally.

Khezu/Furufuru - He has two versions of his electric shot, the old 3-way and now a 5-way and the que to the new one is a huge, much more potent spark build-up on his mouth as he gets ready. The attack from the trailer that shows him lunging forward whith his whole body. It'll probably catch you off guard the first time since it looks like he's just walking. When raged, this move is electrified. And I swear to god, when he jumped to the cave ceiling he swung off and landed in another direction Bionic commando style, but I could be dead wrong. Only saw that once, but I thought it was too fast to be jumping up, turning, landing.

Monoblos - New uppercut from the trailer, and he can now do a non-raged run at rage speed, and the que to this is he'll do a different kind of roar before it. In other words, he can run at rage speed without the red marks on his head that tell you he's in rage mode.

Basarios - Uses the Gravios beam. I know it was super rare in the last game but not only did he use it, he used the sweeping beam too. He'll also did a failed sweeping beam animation where he just screams really loud but his head is moving from side-to-side. He's only a young Gravios afterall, so he hasn't mastered it yet (lol).

BabaKonga - the breath attack seems to have a larger reach, and it was the fart gas instead of fire or whatever his mushroom is (bad breath??). When he's inflated, there's a chance that he'll fart a huge gas bomb. He just seems to fart a lot more often than normal. Definately bring deodorants to his battle.

GUNLANCE
=======
The guard-and-poke is way slower now, but on the other hand the normal attacks are faster and seem to combo a lot quicker. The thunder GL is very short. Either that or the hit detection on bosses has gotten smaller. My normal methods were not making contact at all, and I was up in their face poking. Could just be me though.

ARMOR & SKILLS
============
If you were a SSP user like me, you will be enraged. None of my armor combos that include SSP have any of the skills they did previously. All skill numbers seem to have gotten rearranged or the skills themselves need more points. For example, Guard +2 now needs 20 points, so I had to make the Auroros headpiece just to get Guard+2 and Guard Inc but sacrificed my ESP. Hopefully the higher armors will be what we're used to.

This was written in a drunken haze so sorry for bad spelling...

Error

ARMOR & SKILLS
============
If you were a SSP user like me, you will be enraged. None of my armor combos that include SSP have any of the skills they did previously. All skill numbers seem to have gotten rearranged or the skills themselves need more points. For example, Guard +2 now needs 20 points, so I had to make the Auroros headpiece just to get Guard+2 and Guard Inc but sacrificed my ESP. Hopefully the higher armors will be what we're used to.
this makes me sad.

Top Bottom