• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I herd joo liek catz : The Official Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G thread!!

Error said:
this makes me sad.

Me too. I feel like I'm starting over. I didn't make too many armors and now I wish I did. I can understand that Capcom doesn't want you to have these awesome skills at the start of G-class to increase the difficulty. I have high hopes that we'll be OK with the new armors.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the guard+2, guard inc and ESP skills combo took out the annoying factor out of the gravios fight.

guard+2 needing 20 points now is :(

Tenbatsu

duckroll said:
The Wii MH will probably do similar numbers to PS2 MH sales. 500-600k lifetime. People love MHP because it's portable and they can all play it in school, on trains, during work breaks, etc.

This will all depends on how Capcom is going to market the game, but I think it will do better than the PS2 versions.

Miburou

Wow, 1M shipped is amazing given that it is a semi-sequel, but it's also a bit sad that other games such as Minna no Golf, Crisis Core and MGS PO couldn't reach that. Wii version or not, Capcom would be crazy not to continue the series on PSP.

Stupid basic questions from prospective first time importer (that i didnt see addressed in this thread but then again i might need glasses):
- where can u buy it? (saw play asia mentioned here and there, but they'r back-ordered, any other place?)
- play asia lists it as not region locked. Is this true, or would i need some cfw? (are psp games region locked in general?)
- is my abusive use of parenthesis annoying you yet? (sorry)

Edit: 'k, so skies of crimson answered question #2.
... and i just went ahead and bought it through good ol fashioned ebay. So, yeah, nevermind.

spindoc said:
Oh, ok, that would have worked too. I'll keep that in mind.

MickeyKnox said:
PSP games are not region locked.

I should have mine from my local import store this week.
Lucky you. I'm looking at 2 to 3 weeks.
On the bright side, it leaves me time to beef up my (admitedly pathetic) mh2f char.

Edit: in other breaking news, i do NOT liek catz.

Defuser

Fistwell said:
Lucky you. I'm looking at 2 to 3 weeks.
On the bright side, it leaves me time to beef up my (admitedly pathetic) mh2f char.

Edit: in other breaking news, i do NOT liek catz.
Doesn't matter anyway,MHP2 armor is a joke against G Class monsters.

Defuser said:
Doesn't matter anyway,MHP2 armor is a joke against G Class monsters.
You're breaking my balls, defuser.

But, yeah, i think getting used to the game a little more isn't necessarily a bad thing, before jumping into same game but in japanese.

Edit: are u fancy new g owners starting from scratch or importing your save?

Fistwell said:
You're breaking my balls, defuser.

But, yeah, i think getting used to the game a little more isn't necessarily a bad thing, before jumping into same game but in japanese.

Edit: are u fancy new g owners starting from scratch or importing your save?
I'll be importing my portable 2nd save, not starting over after spending +400 hours on it.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Likewise, to ignore 300 hours of playtime would be crazy on my part. The fact that your character isn't tied down to a class or weapon is enough to explain why theres no real benefit from starting from scratch.

Tiktaalik

I really haven't been following the 2nd G expansion/sequel thing at all. Is it announced for NA or is Monster Hunter Portable too small of a deal in NA to warrant bringing it over?

Tiktaalik said:
I really haven't been following the 2nd G expansion/sequel thing at all. Is it announced for NA or is Monster Hunter Portable too small of a deal in NA to warrant bringing it over?
Not announced yet i dont think. Capcom said something about being committed to (somehow) make MH as popular in NA as it is in japan, but no specific NA announcement.
Also, words are cheap.

Fistwell said:
Not announced yet i dont think. Capcom said something about being committed to (somehow) make MH as popular in NA as it is in japan, but no specific NA announcement.
Also, words are cheap.
did Capcom USA ever say that? I thought that was one of those "a friend of a friend at x said y"

MickeyKnox said:
did Capcom USA ever say that? I thought that was one of those "a friend of a friend at x said y"

Some Capcom Dude said:
Capcom believes in Monster Hunter in the US and we’re planning on getting behind the brand in a big way. Take heart, hunters! We’ve heard your voices on our forums (and on lots of other forums, like Game FAQs) . We think that with some serious outreach and marketing muscle that we can make this series almost as big here in North America as it is in Japan.
They have it here.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Some armor sets from 2ndG:

dragonx.png

kutwho.png

ohlala.png

noonche

Have any of you figured out where to get the famitsu order forms (ファミ通の注文書) in 2G? I can find plenty of the tickets, and the ticket PT...

Kyoufu

AnimeTheme said:
Are you still using Wifi Max + Vista Kyoufu? Been wondering if I will ever be able to play with you in MHP2G lol

Yes I'm on wifimax still. You could just buy a Planex for 16 bucks and be like the rest of us you know :/

Kyoufu said:
Yes I'm on wifimax still. You could just buy a Planex for 16 bucks and be like the rest of us you know :/

lol it sounds like we are both comfortable with our current setups and won't change in any short future. I have some friends around me who can have some local Adhoc plays with me, as well as the mast majority of contacts and players on XLINK who play just fine with my setup. It seems we both can't find a sound enough reason to change. What a pity we can't play together in MHP2G tho :/

spindoc said:
I would like to add, I've tested out Laboko and it works.

Laboko allows you to do several things with your saves, most important of all, to convert your EUR or US savegame to a JPN savegame.

This is probably important to anyone who wants to import MHP2G and has an old save file from MHF2. PM me your requests, and I'll be glad to help.
So, g came in the mail today. I've looked around for laboko, and was told it only works for phats (for some reason...). And i got a slim. Found an alternative for slims, but i'd apparently need cfw, which i havent looked into at all so far.
Le sigh.
I guess i'll just start from scratch. My full velociprey probably wasnt gonna cut it anyways.

Kyoufu

Fistwell said:
So, g came in the mail today. I've looked around for laboko, and was told it only works for phats (for some reason...). And i got a slim. Found an alternative for slims, but i'd apparently need cfw, which i havent looked into at all so far.
Le sigh.
I guess i'll just start from scratch. My full velociprey probably wasnt gonna cut it anyways.

Have you tried sending your save to spindoc? He can convert it for you. I suggest you do so because starting over sucks in any game.

bengraven

Literally just picked up MH2 from Gamestop after a week or so of trolling the PSP threads (and only got the disc and the crappy generic Gamestop used games cover art for $34). Hope it's worth it.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Xlink kai related news, this is of interest to the online players.

More exciting, we are proud to present our latest update to the Kai Tunnelling system: Kai 7.3.1.6. Unlike previous updates, this will be a 'soft update' so we requests users uninstall their previous Kai installation and install the new version provided at the link below.

Among other features, this iteration of Kai boasts much faster performance, improved Vista support, and a streamlined update mechanism for improved security and stability. We have also added greater accessibility and usability options through enhanced support of Asian character sets (selectable via configuration) and user-selectable font resizing. Most importantly, however, this utilizes a retooled orbital selection mechanism which not only eases Kai network congestion but also makes connecting to Kai a faster and less cumbersome user experience.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/XLinkKai-7.3.1.6-win32.msi

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Defuser said:
Im so downloading it. Set up a arena Spindoc.

Can't at the moment, but I will be later on tonight when i get home.

so, they made the UI decent now?

Nah, its still as unresponsive and unwiedly as before. Hopefully this fixes a lot of crashes and connection problems.

Been playing it for about 80 hours now. It's the only thing I have been playing.

Even stopped in the middle of Twilight Princess and have never looked back because this game is the only thing I feel like playing. It truely is like crack!

bengraven

Just bought MHF2 (American) and I just don't have the fuckin' time to play. Wish missions were more bite-sized: I've had to quit 2 of the three missions I've attempted because real life things got in the way while I was busy grinding shit.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Got it, started playing it and I sure as hell don't "get" it. It feels like a more tedious, less exciting PSO. Now grated I've only done the first five missions of * ranking but what am I missing?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
RevenantKioku said:
Got it, started playing it and I sure as hell don't "get" it. It feels like a more tedious, less exciting PSO. Now grated I've only done the first five missions of * ranking but what am I missing?

HUNTING PARTNERS

Top Bottom