• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Rumor: Gears Of War Kinect At VGAs [Update 2: Teaser Trailer In OP]

Pooya

// Mod Update:

Teaser Trailer: http://www.spike.com/video/vga-2010-gears-of/3501416

Not Gears 3: http://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/4387793136525312

// End Mod Update

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134355p1.html

According to our tip, Microsoft is using the Spike TV Video Games Awards (VGAs) to introduce some big action games, including new titles for the Kinect. The headliner is Gears of War for Kinect, coming straight from Epic Games. Now, we cannot clarify whether or not this is an all-new Gears of War for Kinect or if it's an existing Gears of War game, retro-fitted for the camera controller. But it definitely clicks with recent rumblings that Microsoft wants to get in front of the conventional wisdom that the Kinect is only a toy for casual gamers and family.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
20hx7pv.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
weekend_warrior said:
Oh God, I hope they try to show this live. :lol
You and me both. It better be a Kinect option or separate game. I'm not interested in a Kinect-only gears.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's obviously not gonna be "fully Natal", most likely the hybrid controls we've heard about. I can see it using voice recognition, motion for nade tossing, motion for executions - stuff like that, but it's not like you can control a character's 3D movement with Natal. You're not gonna be walking/roadie running in place and aiming/shooting your gun at the same time using Natal.

Can't wait for this. I was worried that Microsoft would stop announcing hardcore games for a minute there

Really, it's the best of both worlds.

Mandoric

Banned
It was bad enough that Kinect needed 8 feet of space in front of my couch, now it's going to need 3 feet behind it too? :lol

soco

480p, tearing, no sitting.

Coles not recognized.

easter egg: plays metallica if you are wearing a metallica t-shirt.

Raide

Mandoric said:
It was bad enough that Kinect needed 8 feet of space in front of my couch, now it's going to need 3 feet behind it too? :lol

You will also now have to position your furniture so you have chest high walls for cover.

V_Ben

Banned
If I star swearing profusely at the game not recognising my actions, will I scare the sh*t out of my enemies? I'd like that.

Finally gamers will be able to actually live out those awful Wii commercials where the guy were ducking behind walls and couches. Be for the love of God, let 'you are a classy lassy' be the chainsaw command

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
With Kinect (tm) for Xbox 360, not only will you be able to look at all dat juice, you'll be able to swim in it!

Controller free juicing is here, only with Kinect (tm) for Xbox 360.

V_Ben

Banned
Kaijima said:
With Kinect (tm) for Xbox 360, not only will you be able to look at all dat juice, you'll be able to swim in it!

Controller free juicing is here, only with Kinect (tm) for Xbox 360.

Oh god damnit, you want me to quote your tag, don't you sweetie :lol

Karram

That would be really stupid unless its something like taunting players. But I won't be surprised if Epic is going to show a new IP using Kinect.

[Nintex]

From Rare's October news letter:
By the time the next newsletter rolls around Scott should be nice and settled, and ideally we’ll all be surfing the wave of a teeth-rattlingly successful Kinect Sports launch. Then we can start thinking about what’s next. Oh yes.
Safe bet their new game is there.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
canova said:
:lol

ladies and gents, time to bail the fuck out of 360

Yep. It was fun while it lasted but if this is the future of CONSOLE gaming than PC gaming here I come!

PC gaming is free from the cancer that is motion gaming right? RIGHT?

Zzoram

This will obviously be optional hybrid controls. No reason to hate, hybrid controls for core games is exactly what GAF was asking for. Obviously the launch message was casual oriented but Microsoft knows it needs hybrid core games to maximize Kinect sales. Epic also clearly wants Unreal Engine to be the engine of choice for Kinect developers so it makes sense for them to put it in Gears which is the game they use to showcase UE3 upgrades.

If they somehow do this right it could be huge.

Top Bottom