• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Rumor: Gears Of War Kinect At VGAs [Update 2: Teaser Trailer In OP]

Dai101

Banned
I think we are going to need this ...

womaM.jpg

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
When are the awards again? Also, unlike some in this thread I am not going to bash it until I see it, hope they show it live. I am intrigued. :D

Man

Maybe it's victory dancing ontop of bodies.

Or better:

Teabagging.

edit: Fuck. That's it! How can you not slay audiences with that.

Raide

Man said:

Or better:

Teabagging.

edit: Fuck. That's it!

Plus taking a photo of the face of that person getting teabagged. Uploading your victory dance and their face to Twitter/FaceBook/Youtube.

Takao

Banned
Guts Of Thor said:
Yep. It was fun while it lasted but if this is the future of CONSOLE gaming than PC gaming here I come!

PC gaming is free from the cancer that is motion gaming right? RIGHT?

I can guarantee you handhelds will never have more than tilt sensors built in them.

Handhelds superior, everything else inferior.

ITT, a hardcore game is announced for Kinect.
GAF rages & mocks said game sight unseen.
Granted, this flies in the fact of previous Kinect mocking for not having any hardcore games like Sony's Move... but hey, just roll with it. :lol

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Man said:

Or better:

Teabagging.

edit: Fuck. That's it! How can you not slay audiences with that.

I would buy a kinect if i could use it for virtual teabagging. If i can control the whole character model with kinect.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
B-Rad Lascelle said:
ITT, a hardcore game is announced for Kinect.
GAF rages & mocks said game sight unseen.
Granted, this flies in the fact of previous Kinect mocking for not having any hardcore games like Sony's Move... but hey, just roll with it. :lol
I am up for a hardcore Kinect game.

I am not up for playing Gears of War via Kinect.

Not really that hard to understand. :p

Carl

Galvanise_ said:
What would you want to use Kinect for in Gears? I don't want to be taking my hands off of the controller.

Throwing a grenade. Everyone knows it's easier to remove your hand and make a throwing action, than press a button :D

Suzzopher

Galvanise_ said:
What would you want to use Kinect for in Gears? I don't want to be taking my hands off of the controller.

Quite. How does using voice or hand gestures provide anything decent? It's just a gimmick at that point.

I could understand a whole game based on an on rails shooter where you can duck in and out of predetermined cover in real time but if you add Kinect to any real games it will be nothing more than a cheap gimmick add on.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Galvanise_ said:
Will probably be basic hand signs with your right hand while you can still move with the left (or vice versa for aiming when you're on a turret).

I'm actually cautiously optimistic, but then again I'm not too invested in Gears

Guts Of Thor said:
Yep. It was fun while it lasted but if this is the future of CONSOLE gaming than PC gaming here I come!

PC gaming is free from the cancer that is motion gaming right? RIGHT?
What if Microsoft releases official Kinect Window's drivers as well as Kinect SDK's to PC game developers?

Zzoram

Galvanise_ said:
Why does everyone assume hybrid controls would require taking your hands off the controller? Why not something like a quick up/down motion of your head or using voice commands?

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
If the original Kinect hype/lack thereof thread was any indication, I expect a whole lot of week one purchase impressions for this from all y'all.

(._.)

Banned
I'll wait and see what it offers before I judge it, but goddamn the buildup to finally seeing the thing is incredibly laughable. A Gears game for Kinect? Seriously, fuck off lmao. This can't possibly be the reason as to why 3 was delayed. That is if 3 is this Kinect game. Oh EPIC... how silly you look these days with your console only projects.

Zzoram said:
Why does everyone assume hybrid controls would require taking your hands off the controller? Why not something like a quick up/down motion of your head or using voice commands?

You are assuming I think hybrids must take the players hands off of the controller. Effectively my question and statement was ruling out something I don't want to be doing.

I also don't want to use voice commands. Too unreliable.

Even I can't imagine many ways of comfortably using Kinect to control aspects of traditional Gears gameplay, outside of basic voice/video support which wouldn't really be worthy of such an announcement. Which is why it'll either be a new separate mode, some optional motion tasks that don't require Kinect or a new none-traditional Gears title designed around Kinect. I don't think Gears lovers need worry. I don't want to play Gears without a controller either, and I like Kinect!

Tain

Not a Jellyfish said:
When are the awards again? Also, unlike some in this thread I am not going to bash it until I see it, hope they show it live. I am intrigued.

oh, how noble!

IF they designed some levels where almost all movement was between cover locations, you could probably get away with making leaning motions from position to position.

Then I guess you'd have some pew, pew, pew action.

I want to log in with my avatar and see it transformed into a hulking mass of bald, armoured muscle... with scars... I want to literally hide behind cover (let Nyko make a small inflatable wall peripheral) and I want to summon the Hammer of Dawn by pointing at shit.

MAKE IT SO

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Finally the idea presented by early Wii commercials where players hid behind couches and dove out to shoot becomes a reality.

Y2Kev said:
Why do you need kinect for voice commands? why couldn't you just use a headset?

Indeed. Why does Gears need Kinect at all?

This rumour has to be horseshit. That or Microsoft have been slapped by the silly stick.

tim1138

Takao said:
I can guarantee you handhelds will never have more than tilt sensors built in them.

Handhelds superior, everything else inferior.

My sarcasm meter may be broken, but you do know the 3DS has a tilt sensor right?

Top Bottom