• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So then things are happening in there? That's all I really care to know, if the role is actually being used. I'll type some reads up Kyanrute. It can probably be figured out from my posts in the thread, though I'll give some details where necessary.

Very little actually. I don't think choosing two noobs was the wisest decision, but oh well. What is dead may never die.

eWAQj89.gif

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

isaacnukem (2)
WaffleTaco 1724
Zippedpinhead 1802

Ri'Orius (1)
Kalor 1699

Zippedpinhead (1)
isaacnukem 1989

Bronx-Man (1)
cabot 1700

cabot (1)
Blargonaut 1733 1791
Kyanrute 1747 1889
Blargonaut 1919

Kyanrute (0): Blargonaut 1794 1919

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, Bronx-Man, Flame_AC, Kawl_USC, Kyanrute (has previously voted), Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, Ri'Orius, SkyOdin, Swamped, Zeusy

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 19, Blargonaut 75, Bronx-Man 8, cabot 57, Flame_AC 14, isaacnukem 10, Kalor 8, Kawl_USC 6, Kyanrute 47, Lone_Prodigy 4, OceanicAir 6, Ri'Orius 8, SkyOdin 7, Swamped 4, WaffleTaco 14, Zeusy 4, Zippedpinhead 8

Day 3 ends:
pin_1502661600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Kawl_USC

Vote: kalor

The kid smells wrong to me.

Don't ask for examples (get it that's a reference to his ducking of asking for reasons)

Kawl_USC

Stand by town read of Cabot. Splinter feels town as well.

Hell flame is on my list as town for something or another. His jumping in about batsies item being the reason he died reads town to me.

Kawl_USC

Sky's post concerning the night action on the other hand seemed founded in deep though about it and how it likely played out, seemingly more from a plotting stand point. So scum as hell still.

Snark above aside I did have a post which made me feel particularly bad about kalor, let me dig back into it. But there's been a decent amount of posts today and I've been way too busy with the cute baby.

I'd buy blarg and Ri as well blarg is largely just gut/frustration read.

SkyOdin

My read on this game so far is that for the most part, town has been eating town while scum sit back and quietly watch. The relative lack of activity in the game is giving the scum team plenty of opportunity to hide.

Let's go over some of my suspects.

During the end of Day 1, Bronx_Man made a bunch of posts where he made a show of how he predicted the last minute rush (so did everyone who has played more than one GAFia game) and how obvious the scum team was being (without naming any names). Those posts stood out to me at the time for how empty of content they were, and that impression hasn't changed much in the interim. It feels like Bronx is making a show of being engaged while not posting a lot of real content.

I also generally concur with Kyanrute that Flame_AC has been making a lot of fluffy posts. On day one, I got the impression that Flame might have been a town PR keeping his head down, so I was inclined to go along with his half-claim and give him the benefit of the doubt. At this point though, I can't shake some suspicion. Trying to dig up intel on the gossip chat seems kinda scummy, too.

I also think Kalor is suspicious. I think his vote on me yesterday was practically the platonic ideal form of bandwagon votes: following after two other people had put down votes on me, completely devoid of argument and reasoning, and not following previous suspicion he voiced. While Kalor has made some good points, he has also been lying low and is very cagey about his reasons for his votes.

SkyOdin

Sky's post concerning the night action on the other hand seemed founded in deep though about it and how it likely played out, seemingly more from a plotting stand point. So scum as hell still.
Huh? Which night action? The one where CCS tried to redirect Kyan's action?

That was just me rambling about my impressions. It isn't like I made charts. Blarg probably puts more effort into his post formatting than I put into that analysis.

If anything, my problem this time around is that I have been way too lazy about this game. I need to give the thread a proper re-read, but I have been procrastinating on that. Yes, I know that makes me part of town's problem.

SkyOdin

On a side note, I just glanced at the vote count and discovered that Lone Prodigy was part of this game. Everyone has been way too quiet.

And yes, I know that applies to me too. I am trying to fix it.

Why wouldn't you use a group chat? After a bunch of us trying not join the love boat, I figured people being offered a "life raft" would be pretty swell.

Can't draw any game conclusions from that, but I just find it interesting. Waffletaco's might be right on that. Could also be three scum hiding in plain sight (just posting extremes).

Kawl_USC

It is possible that batsnacks was trying to draw attention to himself for some reason with the item talk, but I don't know for what purpose.

Perhaps batsnacks was trying to get killed? He may have thought that it was better for an effectively vanilla player to be NKed, rather than a potential PR? Not a likely answer, but it is the best I can come up with.
This one sky. Felt off to me. Doesn't feel townie to me

SkyOdin

Why wouldn't you use a group chat? After a bunch of us trying not join the love boat, I figured people being offered a "life raft" would be pretty swell.

Can't draw any game conclusions from that, but I just find it interesting. Waffletaco's might be right on that. Could also be three scum hiding in plain sight (just posting extremes).
I did consider that OA and Waffletaco could have been scum and OA could have been trying to get her to post in mafia chat, but the initial method he used to bring it up was way too round-about. He could have gotten the same effect by just skipping the part where he was openly weighing whether or not she was an Ascetic. That seems too round-about, and makes me think that OA is at the very least a little cautious that his fellow gossip-chatters may be scum.

SkyOdin

This one sky. Felt off to me. Doesn't feel townie to me
That? Isaac, Flame, and Waffle were just talking about the subject of batsnack's claimed item, I just weighed in with my off-the-cuff thoughts. That post was literally the first time I gave serious thought to the subject. I just develop my thoughts as I type, which sometimes causes me to ramble.

One thing I remember from D2 was Splinter and cabot discussing CCS and taking sides, then Splinter scumreading cabot and dropping a vote on him. It seems a bit odd to me, as why would you use a vote to prove your point when both sides had merit? Maybe that slight pressure led to cabot claiming early.

Discussion not including WaffleTaco, right? Would you have chosen different targets if you had the chance?
Most probably. Although, the way they've dealt with the gossip chat has lead me to tend to think that they are not scum-aligned which is all I can ask for really in terms of info from the role.

Very little actually. I don't think choosing two noobs was the wisest decision, but oh well. What is dead may never die.

eWAQj89.gif
Any gossip chat involving me would never be especially wordy. Also, I never expected someone to straight up ignore the invitation to the thread...

But hey, now I know!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN

Blarg. Let's say we lynch Kyan today, then cabot tomorrow, and neither are scum, where would you wanna go from there? Who would be your target?

Ri'Orious
Zippedpinhead
SkyOdin

and I'm currently voting for cabot, Flame. Seems to me you're not paying attention. Seems to me you're pushing Kyan as my hypothetical first-to-go because after Kyan's mislynch you and your scummates could handwave my cabot allegations away thanks to that credibility hit. Seems to me that you're slyly covering for cabot, Flame_AC. I know what you've done.

On a side note, I just glanced at the vote count and discovered that Lone Prodigy was part of this game. Everyone has been way too quiet.

And yes, I know that applies to me too. I am trying to fix it.

It's so easy to shitpost I don't know why it's so hard for you coasters

I'm just not wired for it! I like having reasons for my actions.

Why do you scum read me and Ri'orius anyways?

Walk with me, Sky

What makes a memorable one-liner?

Succinct relevance, to the immediate context.

Quote through reply.

Not being able to achieve the best should be reason enough to try something new.

That's why I scum-read the two of you.

♬ ohhhhhhhhh

I'd rather be a

shitposter

Than ever be a

shitcoaster

'cause I'd rather have to deal with your complaaaaaaiiints

Than phone it in to call it a slow Daaay~ ♪​

SkyOdin

Maybe in the morning.

Since we are getting closer to day end, I really should put a vote down. For the reasons I outlined above:

Vote: Flame_AC

*Splinter

Top Town: WaffleTaco, OceanicAir.
That's a pretty terrible reads list. You didn't even specify, but I assume Waffle is for meta reasons (not knowing about the gossip chat) and Ocean for... being the gossip?

That's it? Not even the cop-checked Kawl? Do you have any reads that aren't based on mechanics?

*Splinter

Vote: kalor

The kid smells wrong to me.

Don't ask for examples (get it that's a reference to his ducking of asking for reasons)
But I want reasons :(

One thing I remember from D2 was Splinter and cabot discussing CCS and taking sides, then Splinter scumreading cabot and dropping a vote on him. It seems a bit odd to me, as why would you use a vote to prove your point when both sides had merit? Maybe that slight pressure led to cabot claiming early.
At that point of the game, Cabot was more townread than not, and I had publicly townread him but moved to scumreading him. I thought that he was arguing to lynch CCS to fit his scummy agenda, and worried that people trusting him would give his argument more credence than it deserved.

Both sides didn't have merit, day two was a huge win for scum.

The fact that he started today with "well now it's clear CCS' lynch benefited scum" makes me think he knew he was wrong all along. He's started playing up the possibility that CCS could have been scum because CCS role at this point would have helped town more than scum.

I don't want to reignite the argument over CCS, I'm highlighting cabot's change of stance this phase.

I also don't understand how Kawl can townread him for it.

I'm also pressing you SkyOdin because the scum list of mine you're in is also my list of "players who've barely interacted with each other" and are therefore likely to be scum together:

SkyOdin
Ri'Orious
Zippedpinhead
cabot

cabot

when I flip you still need to find the scum Blarg.

You're not a little curious why Splinter has clearly been gunning for me all day phase but hasnt put a vote down?

Top Bottom