• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: Second Son requires 24GB install, final box art revealed

SJRB

Gold Member
inFamous has always had terrible box art, the only exception was when they went with the comic book style case for inFamous Special Edition.

9FwZJed.jpg

I have this one, really really cool [as opposed to Second Son's not-so-special cover].

The comparison pic someone posted shows how ugly the plain spines are, so I get it now.

Take solace in the fact that you won't be alone and others will suffer with the same ugly spine and/or boxart that was not customized to their preferences.

If that doesn't work, you could try to ignore it and play the game anyway. #DelsinSmugFace

Hasney

Get used to it. All next gen games are going to be big. Luckily, they will install quickly.

Exactly. I don't think any of my full retail releases other than Knack have clocked in below 15GB, so it's how it's going to be.

EDIT: Forgot Putty Squad had a disc release, so that too :p

Carl

Really? am I weird for uninstalling stuff I am done playing?

Not at all. Some people just prefer not to. I put a 1TB HDD into my PS4 before i started it up the day i got it.

But with how fast games install, it makes sense to just uninstall and reinstall when you want

Pretty small really. Will take all of a few minutes to install and we likely have play as you install feature.

Killzone was twice that size yeah?

LiK

Not a fan of install as you play, I notice stuttering during it. I usually just leave the system alone until it's done.

Arukado

The new protag is way handsomer than Cole. I wonder why IF fans didn't rage like the old Gameinformer reveal on Handsome Cole.
Because it is a new character and they are not changing an existing one. It is obvious.

And it is sad to see peolpe still missing the point about the "handsome Cole" rage.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
wish they used this art, or the some of the purple neon powers.

Yeah that art would have been incredible, I wonder why we get so many shit box arts. I mean I get the whole people love to see a character on the cover or whatever. But you've got to figure at some point diminish returns would kick in and people would be more drawn to something that's at least a little unique right?

I wish I had your connection. :'c

I think my PS4 pulls about 10 Mbps off the Wifi last I checked. Not possible to plug it in, unfortunately.
Doubt he fully downloaded it in 10 mins but it allowed him to play in it. Took me 30 mins to download the FF14 beta during peak time getting like 3mb/s for a good chunk of it

ibun

I would EU spineart rather "iconic" never bothered me much.

@ alr1ght : Downloaded your cover though. Love the Art. I prefer cover pics without any additional text. gametitle and studio intended picture. No "exculive for" "compatible with" "XYZ rated with xx%/ ABC+" "PEGI,Rated,USK"

there is a lot of misconception in this thread, the PS4 installs all of the game while you're playing, meaning you will not have to wait for the game to finish(it will take less than a min to started the game like every PS4 game). the other thing is 24GB size figure is probably the size of the whole game, meaning it will be about the same size for digital download.

Kimppis

Those spines are fine. For years I had no idea that the NA ones were different, I thought it was some Xbox special thing... It was a huge surprise when I found out that NTSC PS2 covers were like that.

All the PS2 spines are exactly the same, it's consistent. However, it's pretty shitty when some PS3 PAL games have generic, PS2-style spines (like Sly: Thieves in Time, Valkyria Chronicles and SC: Blacklist), but some don't. That is just dumb. Overall, Playstation PAL spines are fine and cover art is often better (atleast they used to be).

Wow, 24gb? That's fine, it's a huge open world next gen game! Although, I hope support for 2.5 inch 2TB hard drives come soon. I have around 280gbs left...Why is COD Ghosts 33GBS?!?

LogN

I'm kind of surprised it's only 24gb to be perfectly honest. I have no complaints, I put a hybrid SSD 1TB in my PS4 on day one, it's serving it's purpose quite well.

Z3M0G

After reviewing the contents of my PS4's HDD last night, 24GB is nice and small!

I'm already down to only 100GB remaining...

So let me get this straight, even if you buy the disc version it requires the 24gb install? Is that correct?

ALL current gen games, on BOTH platforms, require FULL installs, EVEN from disks.

How do people not know these things by now?

The difference in protagonists is striking. Cole just did not have the personality/appearance to create an emotional connection with the player.

That has been my complaint about the new guy. I don't think (from what I 've seen and heard) and he is going to make that connection at all. Cole did for me and I'm interested in the new game but not the character

Top Bottom