• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: Second Son requires 24GB install, final box art revealed

I'd like to retract my previous 'sandwich making' comment at this time.

As a PS3 owner I have yet to enjoy the technological advances of the PS4.

I do however continue to enjoy sandwiches.

Thank you.

Sony took care of the "sandwich time" issue and good for them. I never feel like I'm waiting for anything on the PS4

These 24 GB mandatory install even if you buy the retail copy are absolutly ridiculous,especially since I didn't notice any improvements..loading are just as long etc etc...what the hell is this for.

Notice any improvements versus what? How could you compare disc load times vs HDD load times if they never allow you to play game of disc.

If you are talking about generation over generation, considering that last gen consoles had 512MB of ram and now you are dealing with 8 GB of ram, if loading times are the same then that means there is an improvement.

weevles

I wonder how long I can hold off upgrading to a TB drive.

I forget, does PS4 support higher than 1TB drives?

24gb is small, comparatively.

And unless something changed, this should be the download size. There hasn't been a disc based game yet that hasn't installed the entire thing to the HD. The speed difference pulling data from the HD vs the blu ray is pretty huge. Why bottleneck the data that far out?

Oppo

24gb is small, comparatively.

And unless something changed, this should be the download size. There hasn't been a disc based game yet that hasn't installed the entire thing to the HD. The speed difference pulling data from the HD vs the blu ray is pretty huge. Why bottleneck the data that far out?

Weren't there a handful of cross-gen titles that listed a very small install size? like that NBA game or something? I recall hearing something to that effect on Giant Bombcast.

B.O.O.M

I...I actually like the cover

'runs'

But no seriously I like it. I also like that smug ass smile he has going...finally a protag who is enjoying his powers

tensuke

Will I be able to preload this if I go digital? I was thinking about just getting it on PSN but 24GB will take me a long time to download on my connection, probably a few days with how it's been cutting out if that persists. So I'd rather dl it before it's out so I don't have to wait when it is.

mollipen

In the USA, 99% of spines have a properly designed, unique logo.

Which I HATE. Why do people like that? Makes your shelf look like a mess, and smushing logos that were never meant to go onto spines onto spines looks bad and is hard to read.

If I was in charge, we do things the proper way like Japan does: black text on white background. (The white text on black background here is a good second choice.) Cover art should look attractive; spines should be functional and do their job.

sn00zer

d3Uu30W.jpg

i like the illustrated look

I like the idea, but the colors literally look like shit

being such a comic book head, it's always disappointing seeing video games shy away from having standout hand painted or drawn boxart covers. nothing is cooler than getting a comic and seeing the awesome cover art done by the books illustrator as a representation of the products tone and story. video games sort of shit on the actual game by lazily slapping together some bad photoshop trying to appeal the ever short attention spanned "dude bro". i remember Kevin Levine in an interview saying he wanted to give his staff the best chance to see their work appreciated by using a somewhat generic and uninspired boxart cover to attract that casual dude bro gamer. but in the end i wonder how well that worked out in actuality, aside from the controlled focus group 2K used to come to that conclusion in the first place about what boxart should be used. you always see this fantastic concept art done by these amazing artists for games, yet the publishers never or rarely allow these artist to make a truly standout boxart cover. i think Halo 4 was a great example of how you can take a fps and go after a wide audience of gamers but still deliver a box art that is very representative of the quality of craftsmanship put into the game. it still featured a guy on the cover holding a gun, but the color scheme and scope of everything on the cover was so much more than that. here's to hoping Sony has a different boxart cover for the NA market.

They always use a generic font for spines. Nintendo is the same. It looks so bland on a shelf.

Do the French/German/Spanish (and so on) versions have localised titles? If so then that's probably the reason.

Even if that is the case, though, it's still fucking shit. Thank god most third parties ditched that shit on the PS3, though there's still the odd stupid one that slips through (KH1.5, for instance).

I have this one, really really cool [as opposed to Second Son's not-so-special cover].

The Special Edition? Nah, fuck that. Fucking hate SCEE's cardboard cover bullshit. Seems like the most unreliable and easiest to break case they could possibly come up with.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Do the French/German/Spanish (and so on) versions have localised titles? If so then that's probably the reason.

Pretty confident that's the reason. It's not that every game title gets localized in EU, but when it does, it's easier to just type it in rather than create a custom "logo" for the spine.

They also use generic font for not localized titles for consistency reason.

Top Bottom