• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Every game is "digital" on ps4. The physical copies install 100% of the game on the HDD.

Only does a CD check once when you launch the game.

Yeah. Well playing some more now and it's back to being quite. I know when I turn on my slim with a game inside like this one, the drive will start to read the disc even when I don't launch the game.

Anyway. What's a good character to start with that isn't too difficult?

Anyone know a good use for scarecrows special? I understand how to build it but the resulting attack seems useless.
It's good for two things.

Continuing a combo and getting more damage/corner carry.

Punishing moves from a full-screen away. Since it hits across the ground and the stagger lasts so long, you can land it and punish an errant fireball or other move using his teleport to close the distance.

Marvel

could never
Just a tip in case you don't know, if like me you hated release check in mkx you can turn it off in the controller options. Makes the execution of your moves imo far easier.

First thing I did upon booting it up.

JJShadow

Just a tip in case you don't know, if like me you hated release check in mkx you can turn it off in the controller options. Makes the execution of your moves imo far easier.

First thing I did upon booting it up.

Would you recommend turning it off to a beginner?

Marvel

could never
Would you recommend turning it off to a beginner?
Yup.

Maybe leave the input shortcuts on though if you are a beginner until you get used to things and feel confident in your special move execution, turn that off too when you feel more confident. But turning off release check is a must, it flatout drops combos for you even with 100% correct inputs more often than not.

The video inside the link above is amazing at explaining and showing what that system does.

Apparently it's a known and quite sadly common issue people are having. The only fix at the moment is restarting console/game. If that doesn't work then contact WB support.

I was playing local versus mode last night and I noticed that some of my gear loadouts had reset; John Stewart, Power Girl and Reverse-Flash were no longer equipped, nor were a few other pieces of gear I remember having equipped. Is that related? I haven't noticed my characters being de-levelled.

RedHill

Banned
Apparently it's a known and quite sadly common issue people are having. The only fix at the moment is restarting console/game. If that doesn't work then contact WB support.
Nothing is working :/ And I know it's for sure happening because I have level 10 gear equipped and my Supergirl is now at level 7

Requiem

6-2 in ranked so far (should really be 7-1 but I hammed it up with the life lead against this Wonder Woman player that the game said I had 1% chance of beating :/ )

Really loving the game....I also love using a character that's not too popular. Seems like people don't know how to deal with Firestorm...FYI Robin is an excellent match up for Firestorm. Your projectiles are so fast it stops the rushdown; throw in some molten traps to check the dashes too and they won't know what to do; if they start jumping, with the right timing, you can aim the molten traps (close, medium, far, not full screen though) on where they land then MB for full punish

That's all i got for now...can't give away all the secrets

Vortex566

With special move cancels is it just a case of a lot of practice? I think I find this aspect the hardest when playing fighting games.

Requiem

With special move cancels is it just a case of a lot of practice? I think I find this aspect the hardest when playing fighting games.

Yea timing is important. Try inputting the special move before the combo string animation ends.

Also some moves can't be canceled into and some strings can't be canceled out of so if it's not working this may be why (not too sure about this...can anyone confirm?)

JJShadow

Yup.

Maybe leave the input shortcuts on though if you are a beginner until you get used to things and feel confident in your special move execution, turn that off too when you feel more confident. But turning off release check is a must, it flatout drops combos for you even with 100% correct inputs more often than not.

The video inside the link above is amazing at explaining and showing what that system does.

Yes, absolutely. If something is off with your execution and have release check on, it's mostly just that.

Awesome, thanks! Will try it later

Gala

Just bought the game and I'm super hyped for the story mode and multiverse stuff!

Just one question. How big is the day one patch in Europe?

Hasney

GAFs House of L's 5: 7A7J9

Add your GAF name to the join message or quote this when you join with your PSN.

Gonna back out after every story fight to check apps.

Heyyy I'm awake again. Got a few apps that may be from GAF but didn't see this, so let me know if one of them is you with your PSN name.

Can Cyborg still Instant Air/Falco style short hop his Nova Blasters on this?
I had both games open last night: I could do it consistently on 1, but not on this game.

Hasney

I can only hear my Pros fans on the title screen and this is actually the first game I've ever even heard them spin up above the TV, even playing the apparent loud games like FFXV.

sinkfla87

I was playing local versus mode last night and I noticed that some of my gear loadouts had reset; John Stewart, Power Girl and Reverse-Flash were no longer equipped, nor were a few other pieces of gear I remember having equipped. Is that related? I haven't noticed my characters being de-levelled.

You know what? That's strange because I'm pretty sure it happened to me as well. I'm playing on Xbox and PS4 though so I can't remember who's what level and who has what gear, etc haha. My work internet went down on me the other night and I lost like 60 motherboxes but when I restarted the game I got those and like 20 more back lol. There's definitely some weird stuff going on and I think it has something to do with the server and the way some data in the game is handled. I would suggest for everyone to turn off/turn on their consoles when playing rather than ever using standby mode.

I'm sorry to hear that, Red :(. Definitely contact WB support. Tyler Lansdown has been retweeting that to other people with similar issues.

Edit: ATTN RedHill. Try this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/...g_level_follow_these/?st=J2WTV783&sh=9cade881

People are saying if this happens go into Multiverse and your progress should be restored. If not immediately​ then go into a match and then try it.

Tyaren

The game is already out for a while and there is still no clarity regarding PS4 Pro support, right? Does no one care? For a high profile game like this there are also just very few reviews around. The review thread is also long buried. :/

Marvel

could never
OK, Darkseid's jumping 3 into air EX doom stomp link is obnoxious. I can't get it to combo always but does, looks so swag I will keep practicing.

Marvel

could never
The game is already out for a while and there is still no clarity regarding PS4 Pro support, right? Does no one care? For a high profile game like this there are also just very few reviews around. The review thread is also long buried. :/
Huh? Confirmed many times it has Pro support

1440p, HDR support and better shadows. There might be things I am forgetting but those aren't be sneezed at, it's gorgeous.

Q8D3vil

You'd expect some digital foundry video conparing ps4 pro vs ps4 vs xb1, but nope there is nothing.

Tyaren

What about 1080p TV users? Is downsampling disabled once again? As far as I know there is still no confirmation regarding that.

Tyaren

I played both Xbox One and PS4(Pro)versions on my 1080p TV and it definitely looks cleaner on my PS4 Pro.

I see, though that doesn't really mean much. The base PS4 version probably also looks cleaner than the Xbox One version, because the Xbox version runs in 900p resolution I assume?

Top Bottom