• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Update on the main-picking situation.

Tried out Scarecrow and.... well he didn't gel with me. I thought that he'd fit my playstyle but he just doesn't feel "fast enough" for my sakes, even with his incredible range. :(

On the other hand, I tried out Captain Cold and Jesus Christ I love this frosty bastard. I really wish we get a CW premium skin for this character, I'd gladly pay for it.

Damn, I made AI!Darkseid focus pretty much all on zoning and he's pretty much playing with Deadshot in Multiverse. Anyone have any good distributions of points for other AIs?

Hasney

I'm guessing just by results that the character bias drops are just for the level ups and things rather than the boxes?

ZeroX03

Banned
AI Darkseid with a zoning build is nuts. Just spams Omega Beams all day, barely ever gets hit and gets a great performance score.

Damn, I made AI!Darkseid focus pretty much all on zoning and he's pretty much playing with Deadshot in Multiverse. Anyone have any good distributions of points for other AIs?

Haha that's my suggestion! Haven't been able to find a more consistent AI build.

Razmos

Felt really good about myself at managing to beat most of the Darkseid multiverse world, until I fought the boss Superman, he just traps me in a corner and endlessly combos me. Can barely get any hits in.

Level 1 my ass.

gunstarhero

One shitty thing I discovered with this game last night: 2p has NO access to 1p's unlocked colors and gear in a local vs. match.

My kid was pretty upset about this - is there no way for both of us to fight each other using the same unlocked stuff? SFV let's 2p choose any color/costume that's been unlocked on the system.

Felt really good about myself at managing to beat most of the Darkseid multiverse world, until I fought the boss Superman, he just traps me in a corner and endlessly combos me. Can barely get any hits in.

Level 1 my ass.
His healthpool and defence is really high. He has trouble with range though.

shaowebb

Damn Green Arrow feels good this time around. Betting we see him show up soon in tournies. He has some decent damage, mobility, and pokes now.

AtkO

I won't have time to play this, so I watched the 2h45 movie with all the cinematics. This has to be the best game I've ever seen when it comes to in-engine cinematics and facial animations. Holy shit it felt so good to watch it, and made me sad that's it's better written than any DCU movie so far.

Congrats to the dev, the game looks really good!

Level 1 my ass.

Spam him with eye beams and keep him at a distance. Use your super move as often as you can.

Schlocky

Absolutely loving this, so much more than the first Injustice, and even despite barely knowing who any of the characters are.

Looks pretty spectacular, too.

Hasney

Jesus christ, my AI Catwoman was one punch off a total perfect. The clash the other AI did pushed back her rushdown and Supergirl hit a projectile.

Q8D3vil

Listening to giant beastcast talking about this game is painful. I quit listening to them months ago and i think im going to continue doing that.

Ashtar

What's the issue? I don't remember anything egregious being said.
Lol maybe because they don't know D.C. Villains? Only negative comment I remember was Jeff saying that it's like a stack of pancakes after awhile you get sick of all the supers

Q8D3vil

What's the issue? I don't remember anything egregious being said.
Nothing much, just expecting deeper discussion instead of just "who are these characters nobody know about lol ?"
Kinda make you appreciate how much length did nrs go to put some characters like Atrocitus and blue beetle. I know some people say its batman and friends the game, but i dont think the politics behind the scene are that simple.

I love that they recorded specific lines for Jay Garrick.
It's 2017 and I'm playing as that old fart from the JSA in a fighting game, what a glorious time to be alive.

Razmos

Just got to the part where I have to play as Green Lantern in the story.

Holy shit, what happened to this guy?
I didn't like playing as him in the original either but at least he was usable.

I'm getting my ass handed to me by Aquaman.

WatTsu

Level 1 my ass.

I had trouble until I realized he falls for the teleport -> uppercut/special move a lot. Reminded me a lot of how you had to cheese Shao Khan in the MK9 story mode, actually. Second the ranged moves too.

Garlador

I won't have time to play this, so I watched the 2h45 movie with all the cinematics. This has to be the best game I've ever seen when it comes to in-engine cinematics and facial animations. Holy shit it felt so good to watch it, and made me sad that's it's better written than any DCU movie so far.

Congrats to the dev, the game looks really good!

Ah, feels like only yesterday we had the "Catwoman is ugly!" and "typical NRS faces!" comments left and right.
Injustice-2-Catwoman-1.jpg

I said DAMN.

DF time!

Consoles clash in this face-off between PS4 (running at a native 1080p), PS4 Pro (1440p) and Xbox One (900p). NetherRealm Studios puts its custom Unreal Engine 3 to extra work on PS4 Pro here with improved motion blur, ambient occlusion and texture quality - all points detailed in this analysis.

Still a lot of lag it seems.

Also, first four matches I played were all Green Arrow players and god do these people play like the biggest bitches.

Hasney

Y'know, I just don't like the fighting in this game. I kinda knew that going in and it's a totally personal thing, but these Netherealm fighters never gel with me. The reason I got it is I knew the story would be fun and when I saw all the loot and AI fighting and even endings for the sim metaverse I thought I'd have fun with it.

And you know what? I am. I'm almost playing this like a sports management game now and just modifying my characters strats for the AI and managing gear and I'm having a blast.

I might try getting back into actually fighting, but this is really fun.

Top Bottom