• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gives an Update on What Naughty Dog has Been up to According to His Sources

HTK

Banned
All of these types of threads should be deleted unless there is actual proof of something substantial. Otherwise it always turns into a shit posting.

Bartski

Gold Member
Gimmie middle age ellie for TLOU3 pls
Of9RGIx.jpg

Chronicle

I play tlou factions everyday. As long as this has mp factions I'm cool with it. The rest sounds good and will satiate all the fickle gamers out there who need that new experience. Just give factions so I can shoot, shiv, bash and burn people on a daily basis.

yurinka

This is what we know Naughty Dog have been working on recently:
  • Uncharted Legacy of Thieves PC port (outsourced)
  • TLOU1 PS5 remake (mostly developed by the probably already defunct 2nd Sony San Diego team, probably bundled in a TLOU2DC for PS5 and PC)
  • TLOU2 Factions standalone multiplayer game (who knows if GaaS, pretty likely crossgen since TLOU2 was a PS4 game and the PS4 active userbase is still huge)
  • Uncharted spin-off codeveloped with Bend (Bend left it so probably they cancelled it)
Regarding TLOU3 story, Druckmann said that he wrote a draft for the main story just in case they decide to make this game somewhere in the future.

Regarding new IP, they said they are interested on it in additiion to continue working on existing ones like Uncharted or TLOU, but that at least some months or a year ago they weren't working on it. But obviously they may have drafting and internally pitching a lot of ideas for a future new IP whenever they are ready to work on it.

I assume that the outsourcing team who did/is working on Uncharted 4 Legacy of Thieves remaster & PC port, after releasing the PC port will help them to port TLOUDC (featuring PS5 TLOU1R + PS5 TLOU2) to PC and after that will move to make a PS5 and PC remastered port of Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection.

The "fantasy setting" fake insider shit comes from a random drawing that one of their concept artists uploaded to his art station/devian art. But it was a random drawing made on his free time, unrelated to any of their games. Obviously won't upload there concept art of secret, unannounced games. But this artwork was enough for fake insidiers and gaming media to "rumor" ND was working on a fantasy new iP.

Many years ago they were rumored to be working on Savage Starlight, a scifi inspired on some comic books of that game that appear on TLOU. Maybe they cancelled it, but at some point the Naughty Dog website had an internal -empty- place for this game under the "games" category of the website. Meaning that probably they were working on it and were close to announce it. But several years later never got announced so maybe they cancelled it or put it on hold while they worked on many other games before.

Gimmie middle age ellie for TLOU3 pls
Please don't give them ideas, they may turn it into a violent woke Karen simulator:

Angry Brooke Dillman GIF by Wrecked
Linda Karen GIF

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Can we now finally put that TLOU remaster rumour to rest?
As much as I despise Schreier, he's not necessarily wrong if this "leak" is to be believed. The Legacy of Thieves collection was done by Iron Galaxy. Not Naughty Dog. I'm sure they had a hand and some oversight on it, but as I understand it Iron Galaxy did the bulk of the work. Schreier reported that Visual Arts had a new team brewing that was working on the remake. According to his report, Hulst put Naughty Dog in charge of the project when he didn't like how the leadership of this new team was handling it. The impression I got was that while Visual Arts was still working on it, Naughty Dog was running the show. The guys who were in charge of this new team didn't like that they were being forced to work under Naughty Dog and left. They had aspirations of being in charge of their own project. As I recall, hiring ads and professional profiles suggest Visual Arts is working on a well known franchise. That would line up with Schreier's report. So, this leak not mentioning a remake of TLOU doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its existence also wouldn't invalidate this supposed leak if the focus of it is what Naughty Dog itself is working on and not any ancillary work being done with other studios.

Bruh... I swear this forum is FILLED with drama queens :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Chasing FADs AGAIN!" "NaughtyDog is no longer a single player focused studio" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_dizzy::messenger_tears_of_joy: How do y'all live on the edge like this all the time?!?! PlayStation studios almost exclusively make TPS games. What was the ND last release? How can a studio be "No longer a single player focused studio" when all they've released in the past few years were just that? You guys really need to chill.

OT: Tarkov + Division... 🤔 that sounds pretty damn dope! Another TLOU tho... I liked the last one, but I kinda what a break from it. Give me that space game! Where is the SPACE GAME!

Shubh_C63

Whyy? Chasing fads AGAIN. Just put those resources into another great game instead of trying to monetize the FUCK out of your base and bleeding them dry.
What do you mean "Why?"

Getting more profits is an alien concept to us ?
I would always prefer a strict Single player but If they can find a good balance then power to them.

Else I always have an option to not play it.

Last edited:

MScarpa

What do you mean "Why?"

Getting more profits is an alien concept to us ?
I would always prefer a strict Single player but If they can find a good balance then power to them.

Else I have always option to not play it.
Just unfortunate that Sony is going the Live service route. With GT7 kicking things off. It's not a good sign. I understand they want to make money. Where is the cut off? 10$ price hike is already in effect. GT7 wants you to buy pretend cars with real cash. It's a slippery slope. But hey if you want to give them even more money, so be it. I'll just buy their single player TPS used and call it a day.

Shubh_C63

Just unfortunate that Sony is going the Live service route. With GT7 kicking things off. It's not a good sign. I understand they want to make money. Where is the cut off? 10$ price hike is already in effect. GT7 wants you to buy pretend cars with real cash. It's a slippery slope. But hey if you want to give them even more money, so be it. I'll just buy their single player TPS used and call it a day.
I was just commenting on your Why part. It's obvious me, you, anyone doesn't really want to pay more... obviously.

And same for me, I will simply not play those games either. If they make an absolutely gorgeous irresistible game even with those predatory practices, than they probably deserves it given the competition/fad. But to me that's a high bar to cross which none game has ever crossed.

Top Bottom