• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the new Glacier White PlayStation 4, out 24th January

Coxy100

Banned
Bought a new Slim back in September - but damn if I'd known about this white beauty I would have waited...

Will get a controller for sure - very nice.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fuck. I want this. Wish I could trade my black one for it.

Edit: Oh, it's not Pro? Nevermind then.

cheesekao

Looks cool but the White Destiny PS4 I'm using still tops it for me.

81T7r9VrWzL._SL1500_.jpg

Nice.

I expect a Glacier White Pro to release soon, at the very latest whenever Destiny 2 launches.

I did sell my PS4 to get a Destiny white console in 2014 (the pure white one with vanilla Destiny, not the Taken King one from 2015), but this time I think I'm completely content with black. Would instantly trade for a steel black if they ever went that route though, like this Dual Shock 4.

That looks damned good, and a darned sight better than the black version.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, thanks to the cleaner surfaces and lack of vents, it's better looking than the XO S, which I wouldn't have expected.

Much like with the first PS4, it's the white color that elevates the industrial design from "safe" and perhaps even "boring" to "gorgeous". I love my white PS4 and scoffed at the PS4 Slim, but I'd buy this while model, too.

I shat A LOT on the slim's design last year but I'll admit it looks pretty darn good in white from those shots.
Even after having the Pro now for a couple weeks, its design has grown on me.

Edit: how come people are all lmao at "the worlds best selling console" tag?
I miss a Gaf meme or sumthn?

OléGunner;227997749 said:
I shat A LOT on the slim's design last year but I'll admit it looks pretty darn good in white from those shots.

Guess it's because MS would write something like:"worlds best selling console! *between 09.05.16 and 09.30.2016"

;)

cheesekao

MS touted that the Xbox was the best selling console in America with a *For only 3 months.

JP

It looks good in white.
I don't really follow this stuff so I'll probably be corrected by somebody else but Microsoft released an advert or image that stated something along the lines of "America's Best Selling Console" but qualified that with an asterisk which said something along the lines of "...Over The Past Three Months".

I think it refers to that anyway.

EDIT:
Ah, there we go. :)

lupinko

Gintamen

White looks nice, but I can't help but think about the controller looking kinda dirty after a while.
It does a little bit if you yourself are using it with dirty hands.^^ Only had to wipe it a couple times since the purchase. Can't be too much of a demand to wipe it with a wet cloth now and then.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Kenzodielocke said:
PS4 Slim saved I guess?
Considering Slim broke last year holiday record I doubt it needed saving. But maybe this is where the missing 1M shipments will come from to hit that 20M target ;)

I'd be down for an upgrade if it were a white Pro with a bigger hard drive. But I can't justify it when it's only aesthetically different than my current system. I'll stick with my Vader PS4 for now.

Top Bottom