• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the new Glacier White PlayStation 4, out 24th January

wonder why they don't make a color exclusive to the pro

Does this come in white for the pro at all? Seems like this is just for the slim.

Makes me wonder 1. Why didn't they push this for the holiday season 2. Are they going to be moving on from the traditional PS4 in favor of the Pro model?

sirronoh

No US is weird but I assume will get a bundle like everything else.

Yeah this was my thought as well. The obvious explanation seems to be NA is getting some sort of either Glacier White Slim or Pro bundle. The system in the other territories launches in late February so if NA gets the system around then, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Horizon bundle.

Brofield

Since when does the DS4 come with a light bar at the top of the touchpad? Or have I just never noticed it before?

Admittedly though I'd totally get that white controller.

dh4niel

Why do they never want to colour the touchpad on the controller? It must be for technical reasons? Ruins it for me.

But you know they'd charge $50-$100 more for the same console with 1 TB instead of 500 GB. Jumping from 500 GB to 2 TB would bump the MSRP up even more. You can buy a perfectly good 2 TB drive for <$100 and just plop it in.

I don't trust myself to add in a 2tb hard drive without fucking up my launch ps4 somehow.

Bring it to America and put it on sale for $250 bundled with Horizon and a $50 gift card. That might be enough for me to purchase a second console.

modsbox

Make this a pro and I'm in day 1.

Sad as I'd have to sell my pro and lose money doing so just to get it, but man... a white pro would look gorgeous, especially next to the white PS VR. I'd pretty much have to do it.

Really like the controller as well, looks great. I like how with the version 2 controller the grips can actually (somewhat) match the color of the controller instead of always being black.

fernoca

No US is weird but I assume will get a bundle like everything else.
Is not weird, when you consider that all PlayStation hardware in the US only gets white as a limited edition of sorts.

Then add the likes of Reggie from Nintendo of America, talking about how they have data that white hardware usually sells less; as the reasoning behind white been a limited edition of sorts across the 3DS and other hardware of their own (despite people constantly calling them dumb for that).

So maybe is why the US only receives them as special/limited bundles.

Teletraan1

Banned
I don't trust myself to add in a 2tb hard drive without fucking up my launch ps4 somehow.

If you can undo a screw you can swap a drive. it is so simple. I am sure there are youtube videos showing it off. I bought a 2TB external Seagate expansion drive for $79 on sale about a year ago that was the correct dimensions. It actually had a samsung drive in it if I recall. I shucked it out of its shell, and put it in the PS4. Took my 500 GB PS4 hdd and put it in the shell and now I have a 500GB external drive.

Shin-Ra

Lighter grey touchpad mockups.

DS4glacierL.png
DS4glacierEL.png

Shin-Ra

It's my first thought when I see an amazing looking white console or accessory.

The only one I have is one of these and man, it does not look good nowadays :(

sf_ps2_controller_chun_li__95880.1422989074.380.500.jpg
Might be reversible, always test on the inside/back/unseen part first though.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Restoring-yellowed-Stormtrooper-armor/step3/Application/

hasnt been done officially since n64 for stationary systems.
i remember seeing a ps3 in transparent, but i think it wasnt an official one...?

The (official) original piano black PS3 was slightly transparent, it helped reduce the reflected light gloss giving it a more classy finish I think.

On Demand

Banned
Should of launched with this color, looks so much better. One of the reasons the XB1s is praised for it looks is because that slick robot white color. It stands out.

ghibli99

Is there a good reason why the buttons, d-pad, sticks, etc. are never different colors besides the standard dark gray/black?

JP

I thought I'd post this, amazon.co.uk are now selling this in their Today's Deals section at £229.99 with FIFA 17 or The Last Guardian. They also have the same bundle with a second controller in a selection of colours for £249.99.

DPB

I thought I'd post this, amazon.co.uk are now selling this in their Today's Deals section at £229.99 with FIFA 17 or The Last Guardian. They also have the same bundle with a second controller in a selection of colours for £249.99.

Damn, I just bought that exact same bundle (with TLG) last week from ShopTo, albeit in black. I wish I'd waited a bit, I'd rather have had it in white but it was more expensive to pre-order then.

Baron

Still no mention of a US white slim? I really want to buy one and the lack of noise about it is disconcerting.

Top Bottom