• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2013: Wipe that print off your screen, next-gen is already here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
ib0WXJ1dnppVMb.png

ibwEoJF9RewYDA.png

Each month, the iOS GAF community hosts a thread for new game releases, rumors and discussion that define the fast-moving world of iOS gaming.

The OP will contain games that released both towards the end of the previous month and games that have released during the current month -- all games which have been highlighted by the GAF community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

Also keep an eye out for the ‘GAF iOS Challenges’; events where GAF battle it out on the Game Center leaderboards of a chosen game for both fame and fortune (prizes donated by members of our community).

iCehu4H01OU3C.png

A rhythm-music platforming game. Run through fantastic environments, using brand new moves, to a rich soundtrack as you run, jump, slide, kick, and soar toward the goal!

• 30 Normal levels. Everyone can play!
• 12 “Challenge” levels. Are you good enough?
• 15 “Retro” levels. What a blast from the past!
• 8 amazing characters to play as. Including a pickled pickle!
• 40 unlockable costumes
• 3 exhilarating “Boss” battles

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

Just played a few levels, but if you like endless runners you should buy it! It's not a real endless runner because it's split into levels, every level has some objectives to get a "perfect", so it's very replayable. Also leaderboards, many achievements, characters and costume unlocks etc.

On my 5S runs fine, it's quite sharp and colorful. Also doesn't seem to drain much battery, which is a plus.
WTF?! 0_O bit Trip Runner is on iOS?! Holy shit how did I not know that!
Appstore, here I come (both literally AND figuratively)!

• The sequel to awarding-winning Anomaly: Warzone Earth and Anomaly Korea
• A massive story-driven campaign with alternate endings to uncover
• Multiple ways to play with over one million tactical combinations and transforming troops
• Online multiplayer — tower defense vs. tower offense across five maps

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

None yet

Marvel’s biggest heroes and villains join forces with Puzzle Quest, the award winning match-3 puzzle adventure franchise for an amazing new way to experience the Marvel Universe.
Head into battle with fast, tactical reaction-based gameplay, or select specific heroes whose special abilities complement each other to strategically plan each encounter.
Collect Comics to unlock new characters, change the various talents of the your team, or improve a character’s current abilities.

GAF Game OT here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87852478

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

I must have logged in 30 hours already on Marvel Puzzle Quest
I have to say that as far as f2p games go this is the most "generous" I've ever played on iOS.
Still haven't spend a dime, having lots of fun. Too bad it looks like crap (besides the characters portrait/panel) and the whole thing sometimes feel suspiciously rigged vs AI exactly like previous PQ.
Still, the first PQ is still the best (rocked the DS version for like 150hours) but the Marvel paint on this one really helps in my enjoyment of the game, Versus mode and Weekly Featured Tournament are super addicting multiplayer modes, even if they aren't balanced matchmaking-wise. Really solid game, hopefully the final release (it's still on Beta, this one's marked as "Preview Edition") will see the, add more polish UI wise and make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
i couldnt get into marvel pq because of how it looks... so damn cheap. Like the poorest of web flash games.
Thought that too now I'm hooked.
I ended up dipping my toes (a lot) into the PVP aspect of it. It's actually pretty essential if you want to earn more purple crystals to level up your characters for the SP campaign. Plus you get a few free cards along the way.

It has the same problems that all F2P PVP games have. At some point, no matter how good you are, you are going to run into people that have spent more/played more than you. They try to remedy this by allowing you to attack people 3 times. The HP of their characters remain static, so you can about whittle anyone down if you wanted to.

I found out a way to cheese the health timers. In the early levels of the Venom SP chapter, you fight alongside a three-star Spiderman. He has an ability (yellow) that will heal the whole party. He also has a ridiculous amount of HP (800) that can sponge all the damage Venom deals while you are healing up. So, you can bring along your hurt heroes, heal them up and then collect whatever prize you may get in that round and move on to other things. You can whip through it in about 5-9 minutes.

It's pretty important once your characters get more levels/hp as the health timers can become an hour (or more.)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the game for what it is. It's a nice time waster that isn't annoying with IAP. I actually am having more fun with it than I did with PQ2, which I had to will myself to complete.

Anna wakes up in a castle on a remote island, with little recollection of how she got there. All she remembers is an unusually unpleasant doll.
Why are there two identical castles on the island? Who is the mysterious man in the bowler hat? And above all, what is the purpose of the tests Anna is put through?

Read, listen and peek into three-dimensional photographs to solve the bizarre mysteries of DEVICE 6.

GAF Game OT here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698575

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

It's wonderful, and the less you know going in the more you're likely to enjoy it.
Device 6 is mind blowing.

GO GET IT.

Also, already stuck :)
I SOLVED THE FIRST DEVICE 6 PUZZLE.

I AM IMMORTAL.
I got through the first puzzle earlier today.

This game and its format are amazing.

Wasn't a huge fan of Year Walk (didn't really get anywhere with it, to be honest), but this is really something else in terms of cleverness. Will keep playing, but if it keeps up the pace in terms of cleverness and writing, this might be one of my top contenders for game of the year.

Experience nine chapters of deceptive narrative and nerve-twisting gameplay. Unlock the bonus Survival chapter for endless score chasing delight. Replay any stage to perfect your movements and unlock over 25 Game Center achievements. This is a game that will test you. With air tight controls and gameplay that’s tuned to perfection Duet provides the perfect balance between challenge and pure gaming satisfaction.
With an outstanding handcrafted soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel.

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

Duet is just wonderfully minimalist, a fun challenging game that tests your skills. It's always thrilling and intense and has a lot of content: a lengthy nine stage campaign, an endless mode, and then like Polara, replaying the levels challenges the player in a new way. It feels more like a puzzle game compared to games like Super Hexagon and Pivvot. It's really something how each stage takes such a simple mechanic in a new direction. And I love that there's an actual campaign and it's just not an endless mode.

While Duet is in the same spectrum of games as SH, it's very different. SH was very twitchy and about pushing your reactions to the limit

On the other hand, Duet is (so far) slow paced and more puzzle like. Levels aren't randomized so you're able to learn the patterns and actually feel a sense of progression. The game has a nice difficulty curve and each stage throws something new your way.

There's something so satisfying about this game, even more than Boson, SH, Impossible Road. How fluidly your spheres move, the graceful dance-like evasion between and around obstacles, the little narrative blurbs that hint at what's ahead, the contrast between your colorful failures and the white obstacles...it all just makes Duet feel even more special than those other games

One of the best IOS purchases I've ever made
Update on my Duet impressions: it's really, really fantastic. Devious, infuriating, and mesmerizing in the same way as Super Meat Boy and Super Hexagon are. It's the puzzle-reflex equivalent of Super Hexagon actually, with some of the maddening muscle-memory aspects of the "disappearing floating blocks" sections of old-school Mega Man games. And the chilled-out soundtrack is perfect. So, so worth the $3. I've only played through the scripted wave levels, but there's also two master-level waves that I have yet to even try, as well as an endless mode.

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

Finished up Costume Quest. Absolutely fantastic port! A must buy if you've never played it before
iPhone 5 impressions

First time playing this. Love the writing, and everything is just adorable. Controls are tap and drag to walk (Diablo style) and tap to interact. Combat is a bit challenging mainly because everything is fucking tiny on iPhone UI wise. font is tiny, buttons are tiny etc. But you eventually figure stuff out and its fine.

Framerate is mostly smooth, some hitches but its fine, probably even better on 5S and future iPads.

Fun game. Would probably play better on iPad, but iPhone is perfectly playable after a bit.

• Pokémon meets Zelda!
• A seamless blend of rogue-like adventuring, monster catching, creation, and role-playing elements!
• Rogue-like gameplay: the deeper into the wilderness you go, the better loot you find! Be careful, though - if you fall, you'll come back empty handed!
• RPG elements: level-up your monster, find and buy items, and more!
• Embark on quests and complete a variety of challenges!
• Play with your friends!

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

Monster Adventures could best be described as a roguelike RPG with loot, Pokemon-esque monster capturing, and arena battles. Through unexpected circumstances you find that you are a Kindred, able to bind with and command the various Monsters that roam the world. You send your Monster out into the random generated world to gather loot and new monsters and gain experience, all in the pursuit of raising up the ranks in the local arena. Capturing and defeating monsters allow you to change body parts and abilities of your own, from imbuing your monster with elemental skills to different melee and ranged attacks. But die out in the wilderness and you lose all that you've gathered on that run as well as half of the gained experience.

All these systems work together to provide the player with tons of customization and choice of how to develop their Monsters, from a ranged tank to a quick melee type and more. The focus of the game is actually the arena fights, as all the rogue-"lite" roaming is to build you up for these special fights. According to Foursaken, following the story that emerges across these trials will take from 12 to 20 hours and this doesn't count the co-op and PvP multiplayer options. Monster Adventure's colorful cute art style is wonderful and polished as the gameplay and nice

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

I've never seen level designs quite like those in Type:Rider. While the platforming and basic aesthetic may owe a lot to games like Limbo and NightSky, Cosmografik has developed a fantastic game with a style all its own.

You control a colon, which function as a pair of wheels, and travel through the timeline of typography from the earliest cave paintings to the computerized pixels of today. Each of the game's nine worlds is stylized around a font, from the origins of writing to Gothic and Garamond and beyond, with their own atmosphere and themed obstacles. Yet at the same time, the fonts and their history are the levels. You'll travel across the pages of the Gutenberg Bible, work your way through the innards of moving type and letter press, around and under the swampy world of italics, and more. Backgrounds are collages of information pertaining to the current font and you'll unlock pages that deliver short historic lessons about a font's usage, important figures of the time period, and other typographical elements. Each world is filled with collectibles to find, some harder to reach than others, which offers some replay value as well. [more in the post]

The world's first "Deck-Building 4X Strategy Game". EMPIRE is a quick, easy-to-learn yet difficult to master strategy/tactics game.

• Procedurally generated worlds mean that no two games will be alike.
• A unique take on the deck building mechanism similar to those in Dominion, Puzzle Strike or Ascension.
• A unique grid based tactical combat system. Use your Action and Spell cards to get the upper hand and destroy the enemy forces!
• Unlike traditional 4X strategy games which not only take hours, but tend to become slow and boring late game, EMPIRE is a quick, elegant knife-fight of a game.

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

As a NON Civilization fan (too much micromanagement for me between real tactical choices) I must say I'm really digging the game.

First, it's super polished, with a strong tutorial that rivals the best IMHO (best= Carcassonne and Lost Cities).
Second the game is really an elegant packed sized mix of different concepts, developed very very well: from the 3 cities max to the chess like fights, mixed up with deck building concepts.

I'm really digging the art used too, very mobile friendly too.

Two things I'm not that sure, from a personal point of view:

1) As it is now it's a bit of a rogue-like game, you fight for the score and the length of your empire... death is inevitable.
PERSONALLY I must be motivated a bit more, so I would like something like a campaign, or a mode where you actually CAN defeat the purple corruption.

2) While I understand it would require some changes... the fighting part and the 3 cities limit that contains the length of a game, could be adapted to an AWESOME async mode. I bet it would be KILLER.

I'm a Warhammer Quest addict, even if I have some great games to play like Infinity Blade 3, Shadowrun Returns and many others... Empire was the only one that I played besides WHQ this weekend, must mean something.
Echoing Pitta's comments, it's very well polished (fully voiced tutorial is a nice touch), the art is great, including the card art and it feels solid to play, I like that it runs portrait as well, always welcome on the mini.

All in all, recommended.
I'd wait and see till there's more content, too light right now and not worth the price.

BUILD
• Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
• Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
• Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
• Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.

EXPLORE
• A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
• A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.

DESIGN
• Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
• Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.

COMPETE
• Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
• Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.

ibw8q9PunhOUVU.png

My absolute favourite PC game of all time, updated and adapted to iOS with no IAPs. It's thee business transport simulation game, which I still play ever so often almost 20 years after it originally came out. iOS UI looks well adapted. Just as an example of what craziness one can do with railroads, here's a video from OpenTTD: http://youtu.be/vk8vdZ1AVj8

igRPTTp77G20t.png

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
ibrzEIOVAKtwjM.png

Here are a few video reviews of iCade supported titles (thanks Alextended!)

iCade hardware

Blazing Star
Shogun: Rise of the Renegade
Gridrunner
ElectroMaster
Enborn-X
Midway Arcade
Vectrex Regeneration
Temple Run

iboTkQfRDEmhoh.png

Here is a summary of other iOS game/iOS device related threads!

iOS Hidden Gems

iOS Apps |OT|
iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

iOS 6 |OT|
iPhone 5 |OT|
iPad |OT|
iPad Mini |OT|

ibllVuuZf89MBH.png

Rules

• Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you want to be added or taken off the list, following this text formatting:

GAF Name = Game Center Name / iOS Device(s)

• When adding someone, add From GAF to the friend request and your NeoGAF name as to easily tell who's who.
  • Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you are already on the list but want to update your profile with more info like iOS devices(s) owned, or to just change your existing GC profile.
  • We are on the list and, if you are too, it's OK to add us even if we're not best buddies; don't be shy: we enjoy having more GAFers challenging us on the friends leaderboards.
  • Don't just wait for others to add you first you should at least add some of the profiles posted above yours if you want to get the ball rolling... It's really up to you. Ideally the last member of the list will be the one to add the profiles above his, and so on and on with each new member. Or maybe just add whoever you like, that's also an option.
  • Remember: Your real name will be visible to your GC friends.
  • You can add everyone on the list at once; click the second sheet on the iOS Membership list and read the instructions, works on iOS and Macs

###
The form to enter yourself to the list is here: quote to see
###

i7WbZ38L31BER.png

Q - Should I buy this new high-priced game or wait for a sale?
A - Maybe! Just be aware that iOS games have a tendency to go on sale frequently and unpredictably, even recent games can be a dollar rather than premium $4-5. Spend your pack of gum money wisely.
As a recommendation, set up a RSS feed for the price changes on http://appshopper.com/ which will then notify you of any price fluctuations for old and new games alike.

Q - I just got an iPhone/iPad. What are the best games?
A - Best iOS Games Ever v1 / Best iOS Games Ever v2 / iOS Hidden Gems. You're welcome.

Q- For gaming, should I get the iPad Mini, or iPad 4?
A- Both have their pro's and con's. Mini is cheaper, and arguably a better grip for gaming, but the screen isn't as great and the device is less powerful than the 4. Most games these days all run fine on it, but I'm not sure about in a year.

Q- I'm a new iOS user, what non-gaming apps should I get ASAP?
A - This thread would be a great place to start. Asking here wouldn't hurt either!

Q - How do I back up my game saves for games that do not support iCloud save games?
A - Use a file manager program such as i-FunBox (PC/Mac) - It's free and requires no jailbreak.
i-FunBox has many different features, but to back up save games you would just want to do the following:

• Click the iFunBox Classic tab
  • Connect your iOS device, via WiFi or USB, it should then appear in the Connected Devices list on the left side of the UI.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to back up save games for.
  • Select the Documents and Library folders and copy them one at a time to your PC/Mac - this will copy the folders and all their contents. They contains your save files and settings for the game. Some games only use Documents, some use both.
To restore a backed up save game do the reverse.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to restore save games for.
  • Select the Documents and/or Library folders and choose to copy from PC/Mac.
  • Navigate to where you saved the backed up Documents and/or Library folders on your PC/Mac, open them and select all the files within it and open them. This will copy the folder contents back onto your iOS device.
  • Restart/fully close the game itself and your saves should be back!
Check that the file structure of the game is retained, e.g. GameName > Documents > files after you're done (no Documents folder within the Documents folder!), otherwise the game will not recognize your restored saves!

Q - How do I hide my Real Name on Game Center?
A - Your real first and last name (taken from your Apple ID) will be shown to your GC friends. If you value that information and want GAF's leaderboards to show your GAF nickname instead, here's how you do it:
  • Go to http://appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID details via "Manage your Apple ID".
  • In the "Name, ID and Email Addresses" section, click Edit on the Your Name field at the top.
  • Change you First and Last name (you must enter both) to whatever you like (e.g. First Name: Tunesmith, Last Name: GAF)
Done, now that's who you're going to be listed as on your friend's Game Center leaderboards. This will affect Game Center *and* your Apple ID. If it's the same account you use for App Store/iTunes, you will still be able to use it for iTunes/App Store's purchases (you can still buy whatever you want like you could before) *BUT* in the receipt it'll show your nickname or whatever you chose as First Name and Last Name when you changed those fields. The first time you will use the modified account on App Store/iTunes, you will be asked to verify the account by re-entering the 3 digits code of the credit card's CCV security code (if you make your purchases using a credit card).

iplfFuywJPpmt.png

Thanks to Fuu & Dash Kappei for handling the community list's past/present duties, Dash Kappei for running the iOS Challenges and finally past OT hosts for having done a wonderful job thus far for our community!

iIvAKGXMKuxW9.png

KingKong

Angry Birds Star Wars 2 is really fun. Seems a little easier than their old games though and I haven't even used any of the extra birds yet

Tizoc

What're some good games for the iPad? My brother's leaving his iPad over and I can download the games I bought on to it, but I also want some adventure games that work well on an iPad.
For that matter, I am aware some GAFfers have made iOS games, I'd love to know what they are and try their demos.

Will try some of the games in the first post too.

fijim

Banned
What're some good games for the iPad? My brother's leaving his iPad over and I can download the games I bought on to it, but I also want some adventure games that work well on an iPad.
For that matter, I am aware some GAFfers have made iOS games, I'd love to know what they are and try their demos.

Will try some of the games in the first post too.

Some games I really enjoyed

The Room (puzzle / adventure)
Rayman Jungle Run (platformer)
Kingdom Rush / Kingdom Rush Frontiers (tower defense)
Gunman Clive (made by a gaffer, platformer, mega man esque)
10000000 (match 3 RPG)
Dead Space (thought it was a pretty good version for iOS, controls pretty well)

Was wondering why posts 3 and 4 weren't reserved for Dash as usual before noticing he did absolutely nothing with them last month...

So circumstances have it that I might be relinquishing my current iPad early, before the expected new model hits. I'm normally iCloud only thanks to some bad blood with iTunes, but I realize that I have some stuff downloaded that doesn't exist on the App Store anymore, so that probably wouldn't survive a move to a new device via iCloud. What's the best way to back up applications themselves (not just their data) without iTunes committing app genocide like the last time I tried it?

SmokyDave

Just updated Simpsons: Tapped Out. Couldn't help but notice that one of the tombstones on the new splash screen reads 'Console Gaming'. Titter.

Now to go through the OP and increase my backlog.

Tizoc

Some games I really enjoyed

The Room (puzzle / adventure)
Rayman Jungle Run (platformer)
Kingdom Rush / Kingdom Rush Frontiers (tower defense)
Gunman Clive (made by a gaffer, platformer, mega man esque)
10000000 (match 3 RPG)
Dead Space (thought it was a pretty good version for iOS, controls pretty well)

Thanks I have some of those but not The Room, will get it.

BTW does Phoenix Wright not work with iOS 7 on iPAD?

Heel

Well, the xb level in Boson X is very unkind. Great game. There's something very satisfying about mastering the patterns of each level, watching your graph improve and finally making the perfect run.

Is Kid Tripp a similar experience? Might have to pick that up.

xbhaskarx

Just updated Simpsons: Tapped Out. Couldn't help but notice that one of the tombstones on the new splash screen reads 'Console Gaming'. Titter.

Hah, of course their game is based on a TV show that should have been killed off over a decade ago....

magnetic

Has this been mentioned somewhere yet?

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/01/image-of-potential-logitech-mfi-controller-leaked/

The iOS controller API makes me really excited. Would love a controller for my iPad - the iPad on my knees and the controller in my lap on my sofa would be sweet.

This specific model looks a bit silly with how wide it is, but I like the general concept. Below the screen GBA SP style would be cool. As for dual analog: I remember that there are two officially supported styles, a SNES one like this here and one with dual analogs.

PFD

Was wondering why posts 3 and 4 weren't reserved for Dash as usual before noticing he did absolutely nothing with them last month...

Is it possible to do challenges with the iOS 7 gamecenter? (No daily/weekly scores)

As for the controllers, I wouldn't get one without dual analog sticks.

Meier

Hey guys, my wife has been playing Kawaii Megu for the past few months and I guess she got a note today upon opening it that they were shutting down the game soon. Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar title? The message didn't mention a new game they're trying to force people to move to so I figured I'd check here.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

That's because the month before the thread got locked before I could grab the template for posts 3&4 (had to format my iPad so I had lost them in the meantime) and I couldn't get a mod to reopen it for a few minutes and copy them again through quoting. So yeah, my bad guys.
I have them remade from scratch now, and yes I'm sorry it took me a whole month, but in the meantime me and Tunesmith had a communication problem it seems, ie for whatever reason he doesn't see/get my iMessages anymore I guess. So, unfortunately, I wasn't here when the thread went up in the first place..

Maybe a mod can make it so that I can get posts 3 and 4 anyway, who knows.

And lastly, the only reason I still haven't updated to iOS7 is just for you guys, so to have at least one last challenge before (IF?) we can figure something out to keep 'em going down the road.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
That's because the month before the thread got locked before I could grab the template for posts 3&4 (had to format my iPad so I had lost them in the meantime) and I couldn't get a mod to reopen it for a few minutes and copy them again through quoting. So yeah, my bad guys.
I have them remade from scratch now, and yes I'm sorry it took me a whole month, but in the meantime me and Tunesmith had a communication problem it seems, ie for whatever reason he doesn't see/get my iMessages anymore I guess. So, unfortunately, I wasn't here when the thread went up in the first place..

Maybe a mod can make it so that I can get posts 3 and 4 anyway, who knows.

And lastly, the only reason I still haven't updated to iOS7 is just for you guys, so to have at least one last challenge before (IF?) we can figure something out to keep 'em going down the road.
We'll figure out what to do with the challenges. :)
Your iMessages keep arriving in bulk around the 5-6 AM mark :D
If you need the code I'll get it for you if a mod doesn't oblige.

PittaGAF

Warhammer Quest new 'The Brutal Tribe' is out.

Besides the DLC with a whole new region and high level campaign, there are 3 new playable characters as iap and, for free, a new raised cap and ton of new loot for previous characters.

I really liked what I saw from the beta...but I refrained to play a lot waiting for the final version....can't wait to play it with my hardcore team.

Watch out tough...if they didn't change the balance since the beta, it could be really brutal (something I love, the final AppStore original version was way too easy IMHO).

colinp

Banned
Warhammer Quest new 'The Brutal Tribe' is out.

Besides the DLC with a whole new region and high level campaign, there are 3 new playable characters as iap and, for free, a new raised cap and ton of new loot for previous characters.

I really liked what I saw from the beta...but I refrained to play a lot waiting for the final version....can't wait to play it with my hardcore team.

Watch out tough...if they didn't change the balance since the beta, it could be really brutal (something I love, the final AppStore original version was way too easy IMHO).

How much is all the new DLC?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How much is all the new DLC?

Warrior Packs:
Archmage, Dwarf Trollslayer, Warrior Priest, Shadow Warrior, Ogre Irongut, Bright Wizard - $2.99 each

Region & Enemy Packs:
The Hidden Threat $4.99
The Brutal Tribe - $4.99

Legendary Weapons:
Gotrek's Axe, Reaver Bow, Slayer of Kings, Staff of Volans, Sunfang - $0.99 each

Rlan

So since the beginning of the year I've been playing a bunch of Clash of Clans, really enjoy attacking people and watch my Town grow.

Unfortunately my Clan has unfortunately died, save for one or two people. Is there a NeoGAF Clan somewhere that I could try and join, or something along those lines?

igor

Logitech iOS 7 controller image:

It looks okay, but no analog sticks is a killer really. Why would anyone think it means a revolution for iOS gaming? Apart from handful of arcade games (IF they get updated, Jet Set Radio and Sonic are waiting) this is going to stink for anything that requires analog accuracy. Kinda hard to imagine playing bastion on this or terraria. Deus Ex for example or some faster paced shooters? Not a chance.

I also beat Little Inferno yesterday and it was nice for a euro I suppose but I kinda don't see the appeal. At the end I just looked up 10 remaining combos to finish the game, some of them are ridiculously abstract. Yeah writing is very nice (as opposed to Sword And Sorcery and this is the game Im taking on next to get rid of my backlog) and its fun to burn things but waiting for things to be delivered gets tiring. It's a nice little game and maybe I shouldnt have rushed it but I have so many games on iOS that needs to be finished...

I hope that there is a valid reason for that controller shell being that wide, t's not like it needs to be especially for just a dpad, buttons and shoulder bumpers.

I'm more interested in seeing a separate bluetooth controller so I can hdmi out my phone to the tv and play it like a console, the controller is the only thing missing right now from doing that (and the games supporting it)

PittaGAF

The Cave stunk on PC. Have they done any changes to the iOS version?

As far as I've read, no changes besides a cool touch control scheme (or so they say, haven't tried it yet).
I'll buy for sure tomorrow and try to give some impressions, even if I already have other games to play (IB3 and Shadowrun Returns)....but I'm in Averland now, and it's LOVE all over again.

Speaking of that...be warned young Warhammer Quest adventurers.
The new expansion in hardcore will require all your attention and Sigmar blessing.
Enemies hit, and they hit HARD....it's no more a cakewalk in the park.

I LOVE it, but I'm sweating at every step....just made out alive from the first 'real' dungeon....heart still beating.
What a ride.

Tom_Cody

I downloaded Phoenix Wright trilogy and it isn't working. When I click the icon my iPhone goes black (as if it is booting up) and then bounces back to the home screen.

I am relatively new to iOS gaming. Should I just redownload it? Is it possible this is an issue of incompatibility with iOS 7?

I downloaded Phoenix Wright trilogy and it isn't working. When I click the icon my iPhone goes black (as if it is booting up) and then bounces back to the home screen.

I am relatively new to iOS gaming. Should I just redownload it? Is it possible this is an issue of incompatibility with iOS 7?

yeah. try that.

Mine works on ios7 but i had this app on my phone since 6 so who knows how this stuff works out.

wrowa

You didn't read the description before buying, did you? To quote the very first lines:

"iOS7, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5s Support (as of 2013/09/24, modified out of 2013/09/18 ver.)
We are currently working on support for this title to run properly on the updated iOS and devices. We cannot guarantee that the game will run properly until we finish that work. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience."

Same is true for Ghost Trick. Really annoying, wanted to replay Ghost Trick on iOS last week, but it keeps crashing over and over again. Hope they'll fix it soon.

any other games like carcassone you'd recommend?
Lots of possibilities in here: iOS Boardgames thread
Old Favourites include Ascension, Summoner Wars, Neuroshima Hex, Ticket to Ride (US and Europe), Stone Age
and more recently:
Lost Cities: http://lostcitiesapp.com/
A fast push your luck card game, by Coding Monkeys who made the Carcassonne app.
Agricola:
A bit deeper, Farming in the 17th century -
http://www.playdekgames.com/games.php?games=agricola_page.php&title=Agricola

PittaGAF

Shadowrun is a sweet, sweet, barely readable game on the PC. Can't wait to try it on the iPad.

No problem in reading the text on iPad here.
Be aware a patch is imminent (not to have to download it two times the same day).
Personally I really loved what I played of SR, much much more than, let's say, XCOM.
And I even do not like that much the fantasy/cyberpunk mixing....but the story is compelling, very well written with a nice balance between verbosity and fluidity and I LOVE that iso graphic.

Now it is WHQ time tough, I just can't help but play it.

Tom_Cody

You didn't read the description before buying, did you? To quote the very first lines:

"iOS7, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5s Support (as of 2013/09/24, modified out of 2013/09/18 ver.)
We are currently working on support for this title to run properly on the updated iOS and devices. We cannot guarantee that the game will run properly until we finish that work. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience."

Same is true for Ghost Trick. Really annoying, wanted to replay Ghost Trick on iOS last week, but it keeps crashing over and over again. Hope they'll fix it soon.
Oh, there you go.

For what it's worth I downloaded the F2P version so no damage done. I guess I'll just check back in a few weeks/months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom