• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is 3,25% milk really that much worse for your health?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

Oh, you just wait. Eventually there's gonna be someone claiming it's for baby cows and not for humans and that's why it's bad for you. That person will probably also be gluten intolerant.
"humans are the only animals that drink milk when they're adults, can't you see how wrong this is? "

Give me full fat or give me full death.

2% is meh and skim is straight up water with a single drop of milk in it. Drinking this crap doesn't even make you feel satiated.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've never heard it called 3.25% milk in my life.

Is 3,25% milk whole milk? Because I have never seen anyone refer to it this way.

Fat in milk is dependent on breed and diet. For example, in warmer months, cows take in more water, which lowers the fat content.

You just proved the guy right.

CONCLUSION:
A high intake of dairy fat was associated with a lower risk of central obesity and a low dairy fat intake was associated with a higher risk of central obesity.

Wut.

Fat in milk is good for you as are the protein and other nutrients. The sugar (lactose) might not work for your if you lack the enzyme to break it down like many adults do.

Animal fat is good for you to consume and does not raise small denser LDL in your blood. Cholesterol is essential for your body. It does not cause heart disease. Small and denser Low Density Lipoprotein and inflammation causes heart disease.

You've been fed a pack of BS for years. Eat your animal fats and stop consuming processed vegetable fats like corn, palm and canola oils. Those processed vegetable fats hardens your arteries and make you prone to inflammation.

BriGuy

I moved on to cashew and almond milk and haven't looked back. 25 calories a glass and no explosive diarrhea. That's a win-win in my book.

Gutek

Fat in milk is dependent on breed and diet. For example, in warmer months, cows take in more water, which lowers the fat content.

Wut.

Oh, sorry. I see how the mix up happened. He referred to the study negatively (there is no study that proves x) and you went "well, here is one! I thought you were trying to dispute his claim.

I moved on to cashew and almond milk and haven't looked back. 25 calories a glass and no explosive diarrhea. That's a win-win in my book.

You should try Lactose free milk instead. Almond production sucks up too much water and it sucks when California, the major producer, is in drought.

Davey Cakes

I think whole milk is a bit too rich for regular drinking. For me, a bowl of cereal with whole milk is like dessert. It tastes amazing but heavy. Even something like corn flakes.

Being raised on 1%, these days I actually prefer 2% to all. I've actually increased my milk intake due to realizing how well balanced 2% is. I like using it in cold brew coffee.

Donos

Skim milk is struggle milk. Whenever I wanted cereal and we only had that, I ate something else.

lol, i like the term "struggle milk" but really, everytime i have to use the 1,5 milk from my gf instead of my 3,5 for my cereals, it just tastes like water with some drops of milk.

You've been fed a pack of BS for years. Eat your animal fats and stop consuming processed vegetable fats like corn, palm and canola oils. Those processed vegetable fats hardens your arteries and make you prone to inflammation.

What should I use to stir-fry my vegetables?

People actually drink whole milk? I thought that was meant for baking and cream sauces. Yuck.

Full whipping cream is for sauces. Whole milk is what would be used by default when you order a latte at starbucks. We're talking 3.25% milk in your latte vs. 35% cream in your pasta sauce.

Commas

What the heck is going on in this thread?

lookproducts.jpg

hunchback

Total agreement here. Lactaid Whole Milk is godlike. The Target store brand is maybe even better, tbh. But they're the only milk I buy.

Count me as part of this group. I have been known to mix half and half or whipping cream in from time to time.

Bass260

Cow's milk isn't good for human consumption, period. If you are worried I suggest switching to a plant-based milk. Free of cholesterol and any animal fats.

Animal fats consumed in large quantities and in general is not good for human health. It's brought up time and time again - if anyone is interested, research the difference between animal & plant fats. Fat from cow's milk is not the same as the healthy fats from coconuts or cashews. The real killer is processed fats - whether derived from animal or plant - are a real problem for the human body.

Haunted

Frische Vollmilch is the best. 3,5% or 3,8%, varies by region.

It's the most widely sold and consumed type of milk here and for good reason.

I tried that flavoured water you American jokers call milk and it was fucking awful.

Izuna

Banned
Milk is bad for you? Haha. It's literally the food of everything.

Also, full fat or bust. I don't need more sugar with less fat. I don't know why anyone chooses to do so.

I tried that flavoured water you American jokers call milk and it was fucking awful.
Is this like full milk in the US? Do we know what the fat percentage of full milk is?

Also 2% for life. Full milk makes me sick.

When your sandwiches are so devoid of content, you've got to get that protein somewhere.

img_5844_156999231.jpg

jay

There is no such thing as plant based milk. Milk comes from mammals. If you like nut juices that's fine, but those are not forms of milk.

Sulik2

Its a significant calorie difference if you are counting calories. Its also tastes much worse then skim milk imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom