• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Aquaman the greatest butt of a joke ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

dr. doom has more.

Doom is never a face. He just makes temporary alliances.
Boring lay dude? Lol what. He's been involved in more shit than any other character marvel has created. If you want to call someone a "boring lay dude" it should be Scott. Logan is more akin to a warrior on a neverending journey.

well why don't you fuck him then? :lol i can understand you're a fan, i am a major wolverine fan too. but once you get past all the awesomeness that is Wolverine, none of that makes him any good at relationships. He's excitement and fireworks and coolness, and yes he's been through all kinds of stuff, but that doesn't make him a great character for a love story. He's best avenging the death of his beloved, not sitting on the porch, smoking a pipe, surrounded by his big family. He's always been a better tragic hero, the classic warrior, with more reason to fight than not. That's the way he was created, and seeing him with Jean, not going through ordeal after ordeal, battles and wars and blood and guts, doesn't fit. They would be a great fling. But not a good lasting thing. I said boring lay mainly for humor, but he's better with an exotic indian princess, or a samurai maiden, than he is with Jean. If they didn't write in her penchant for badboys, there would be nothing there at all. Warriors on never ending journeys don't settle down with their redhead lovergirls. They settle until she dies in a random ninja battle, then he's on the road again, balance restored. He probably should only date superpowered women though, because normals seem to have a really low life expectancy when hanging around him.
(disclaimer. I never read the Ultimate X-books.(don't give a fuuuuuck) My comments are only going by Real X-continuity.)

If there is one thing Darkseid knows, it's how to lounge.
7w6Ei.jpg

What the fuck...is he reading...? Yes he is.

So I'm working on an Awesome moments in comics thread for GAF, but some of the stuff I wanted to showcase exceed 5 pages...is that OK to make or is it against the forum rules?

Just do them in installments. Maybe categorize them in themes or eras or something.

superman_vs_goku_by_NateBlue.png

Someone should do a comic. :(

I'm late to the party on this one, but someone already DID this comic (sorta) in the 70s or so.

00589.jpg

There's a DC version of popeye (Captain Strong) that fought superman a few times. The twist is that the "vegetable" that gives him his power is narcotic and addictive, making him an irrational drug addict

For a time they had a Namor who was female and blue on the team. She had a bigger ego then regular Namor.

There was one of those in the New Warriors. Namorita, I think.

Started off white with blonde hair, they turned her blue later. Was originally a "cousin" of namor, but turned out later that she was some kind of female clone? I forget. They blew her up with the rest of the New Warriors (sans nova) years ago.

EDIT: Namorita was a clone of Namora, an older cousin of Namor, not Namor himself.

Slayven

Started off white with blonde hair, they turned her blue later. Was originally a "cousin" of namor, but turned out later that she was some kind of female clone? I forget. They blew her up with the rest of the New Warriors (sans nova) years ago.

EDIT: Namorita was a clone of Namora, an older cousin of Namor, not Namor himself.

Yeah Namorita use to bang Nova. He dumped her when she went blue

zon

well why don't you fuck him then? :lol i can understand you're a fan, i am a major wolverine fan too. but once you get past all the awesomeness that is Wolverine, none of that makes him any good at relationships. He's excitement and fireworks and coolness, and yes he's been through all kinds of stuff, but that doesn't make him a great character for a love story. He's best avenging the death of his beloved, not sitting on the porch, smoking a pipe, surrounded by his big family. He's always been a better tragic hero, the classic warrior, with more reason to fight than not. That's the way he was created, and seeing him with Jean, not going through ordeal after ordeal, battles and wars and blood and guts, doesn't fit. They would be a great fling. But not a good lasting thing. I said boring lay mainly for humor, but he's better with an exotic indian princess, or a samurai maiden, than he is with Jean. If they didn't write in her penchant for badboys, there would be nothing there at all. Warriors on never ending journeys don't settle down with their redhead lovergirls. They settle until she dies in a random ninja battle, then he's on the road again, balance restored. He probably should only date superpowered women though, because normals seem to have a really low life expectancy when hanging around him.
(disclaimer. I never read the Ultimate X-books.(don't give a fuuuuuck) My comments are only going by Real X-continuity.)

I honestly thought you meant lay dude as in "layman". I suppose my previous post must've come off a bit strange. But even then he has to be more fun in the sack than most other men, what with his 200 years of experience by now. :p

Thing is, Jean had the undercurrent of being just as fierce as Logan but she never wanted to show it until the end. I think she would fit perfectly with him as then she could start being more true to herself. She'd just have to get used to seeing her bf gut people on a (almost) daily basis. I think she'd actually work perfectly well with Psylocke in X-Force for instance.

Logan's a multi-faceted dude who's made significant changes over the years. Right now he's pulling off being an X-Man, an Avenger, a school headmaster, a black ops assassin leader, a solo adventurer, and a father figure and protector all with varying degrees of success. If the writers will it then I think he's perfectly capable of carrying on a (passionate and explosively volatile) relationship with Jean Grey, without fear of settling down and becoming Ward Cleaver.

Much like in real life, a relationship only becomes boring if you let it.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yeah that's why Namor sucks - he's yet another "hurr badass antihero" generic archetype. There's a lack of charm to him in any incarnation.

And sure, nothing is a threat to his balls... that's why he wears a speedo. *snicker*

what??? he's the FIRST one , what do you mean just another?

Tizoc

Waiting for a mod to respond before making the 'awesome comics moments' thread. Once I get some info I'll make it.
...but when it comes to women? Thor>Namor.

Platy

I'm late to the party on this one, but someone already DID this comic (sorta) in the 70s or so.

00589.jpg

There's a DC version of popeye (Captain Strong) that fought superman a few times. The twist is that the "vegetable" that gives him his power is narcotic and addictive, making him an irrational drug addict

Meanwhile in a real comic book cover

Tizoc

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!
IDW ARE PUBLISHING A POPEYE COMIC?!
Is this gonna be a book that contains the original Popeye comics from decades ago or is it new adventures?

Log4Girlz

Western comics features the very best writing.

dacuk

Which is why I tend to laugh at that thought. Deadpool is popular, and has 4th wall immunity. Same with Wolverine. Magneto? HAH, MAGNETISM CAN CONTROL ANYTHING NOW. Cyclops? WHOOSH OPTIC BLAST THE WHOLE FOREST. Spider-man? OH RIGHT SPIDER SENSE CAN BEND TIME OR SOMETHING. Ironman? SECRET ANTI-GADGET THAT WOULD MAKE SAMUS JEALOUS.

That would be a hell of a crossover: Samus vs. Ironman.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Another good example of what Spider-Man can do when you upset him.
qsPdm.jpg

Did he just used his "sticking to walls" ability to rip her face off!?

Is this Peter Spider-Man or the new guy? Is this Ultimate Spider-Man?

Man, I have to keep reading Spider-Man.

zon

It's the real Spider-Man. Peter is a real badass when he gets pissed.

Iceman vs Aquaman. Go!

Without knowing all to much about either of them, aside from having read a bit of X-Men before, of the top of my head maybe Iceman. Omega level mutant and all. If he would cut loose that is.

Yes he did just use his "stick 'em power" to rip her face off.

Yes that is regular Peter Parker.

Yes you should keep on on reading Spider-Man.

zon

Without knowing all to much about either of them, aside from having read a bit of X-Men before, of the top of my head maybe Iceman. Omega level mutant and all. If he would cut loose that is.

That's something we'll never see I think. He'd be stronger than 99.9% of all heroes in marvel, immune to physical harm and immortal. It would be like Sentry all over again, except Robert would be sane.

This is all based on the mini-series they published in the 2000s where they actually go a bit more in depth about how powerful he could actually be if he wanted to. He froze Toad's tongue just by looking at it.

Platy

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!
IDW ARE PUBLISHING A POPEYE COMIC?!
Is this gonna be a book that contains the original Popeye comics from decades ago or is it new adventures?

It is an all-new series ... also, a "review" by the place where I knew about it first

Finally, I must note IDW’s new Popeye comic book (32 pages, $3.99). It’s cover is a take-off of Action #1 – which is appropriate as some consider Popeye the first comic strip superhero. It’s also available with an “incentive cover” by cartoonist/Popeye screenwriter Jules Feiffer. Craig Yoe, Ted Adams and Clizia Gussoni are editing this four issue series with writer Roger Landridge (The Muppets) and artist Bruce Ozella. Ozella’s art is so authentic you’d think this was a reprint book. If you are going to revive Popeye – this is the way to do it. Five thumbs up, sez I.

Bleepey

tumblr_lmi4n3wgE41qzfxypo1_400.png
tumblr_lm82gsVOxT1qckep9o1_500.png
tumblr_lm0vuzd4fu1qzw06xo1_500.png

tumblr_lifcov4OHT1qa5cxio1_500.png

tumblr_lis3ja3ynX1qgyzs0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lk0xn7LHMY1qbj79io1_500.jpg

tumblr_lkeeeer7jQ1qakwwxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lkt7hhLRdM1qzftsco1_500.png

Namor: Tell this new master of yours I have no interest in helping a man who would take advantage of our (his and Sue's) unique relationship.
Sue Richards (the Invisible Woman): What are you talking about? we don't have a relationship.
Namor: I can feel your heartbeat through the water, Mrs. Richards... And it tells a very different story from the lies upon your lips

Bleepey

Check thyself is so awesome. Also am I the only person who thinks the Rock is the only person with the Charisma, good looks and arrogance to pull of Namor. The Rock says Imperious Rex!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Check thyself is so awesome. Also am I the only person who thinks the Rock is the only person with the Charisma, good looks and arrogance to pull of Namor. The Rock says Imperious Rex!

I think he was rumored for a Namor movie at some point. I don't think that went anywhere, though.

noah111

Still Alive
Hell no. He's too thick and far too old. Who would really pull off the look and pull in the crowds? This up and coming guy;

vest-for-boy.jpg

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt_0.jpg

namorsmooch.jpg
tumblr_lt13nroDwD1qgh8xuo1_500.png

All he needs is to buff up a bit, Tom Hardy/Christian Bale stye.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

black adam, yes. but hes too big to be namor.

Riposte

Namor is the main character of the Marvel universe.

He's been on just about every team, he was the "first mutant" so to speak, he was apart of the Cabal, he was apart of the Illuminati, best friends with Captain America, best friends with Doctor Doom, fought Hitler, and rules most of the planet.

EDIT: Come on Sentry (the NeoGAF poster)... really? Really? Maybe we can have DiCapiro with green skin as the Hulk too. There is only one obvious choice for Namor in Hollywood, if you can smell what I'm cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom