• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Aquaman the greatest butt of a joke ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

Thank you for giving me no reason to have respect for scott, and to see all his boasting about jean to be bullshit. But if there were vegas odds on it, I would bet money that if jean came back, that scott would go running back to her. Not that I want that. And to be honest, I wouldn't want logan to have her either..

Jean and Scott were growing apart during that time. I think that was after Scott merged with Apocalypse. I blame the Madeline Pryor stuff to writers/ editors not being sure what they were doing.

smh 80% of Earth is covered in water and nearly every major city has a river near by. You don't think the water can get him there?

zkneI.jpg

"There's always a canal!"
"Or an inlet!"
"Or a fjord!"

smh 80% of Earth is covered in water and nearly every major city has a river near by. You don't think the water can get him there?

Yea I don't think Aquaman wants to travel by sewers. That'd quickly turn into another running joke. Aquaman: The Shit He Has To Put Up With™

Thank you for giving me no reason to have respect for scott, and to see all his boasting about jean to be bullshit. But if there were vegas odds on it, I would bet money that if jean came back, that scott would go running back to her. Not that I want that. And to be honest, I wouldn't want logan to have her either..
It'd be interesting to see which direction she turns this time, that's for sure. On the one hand you've got Scott, who still gets bent out of shape when people mention her and/or the Phoenix in the same sentence, and who is probably getting his just desserts with the whole Emma/Namor thing. On the other hand you've got Logan, whose love/obsession for her hasn't diminished over time, and who does vaguely creepy things like name a school after her and keep a lock of her hair.

They could make it into a wacky dating game storyline.

ReiGun

How can squirrels bite through metal?
I don't think they're even biting him. I think Doom is just scared shitless.

It'd be interesting to see which direction she turns this time, that's for sure. On the one hand you've got Scott, who still gets bent out of shape when people mention her and/or the Phoenix in the same sentence, and who is probably getting his just desserts with the whole Emma/Namor thing. On the other hand you've got Logan, whose love/obsession for her hasn't diminished over time, and who does vaguely creepy things like name a school after her and keep a lock of her hair.

Regardless of who she picks, there'll be plenty of counseling in the "happy" couple's future. That's for sure.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

If scott was smart, he would take the psylocke route. And logan would be best trying to capture mystiques heart.. even though the last man she gave attention to she tried to kill. And she tried to kill logan a few times as well, but it would be a fun ride, and he wouldn't be sniping a chick that used to date a summers(both jean and domino)

MPW

Someone mind explaining the history to Aquaman being the butt-end of so many jokes? Is it all because of Superfriends? His useless powers, being relegated to menial tasks, his look, everything. Everyone makes fun of him, even if you've never heard of Justice League.

tumblr_lg8dxiRDBj1qbrg5vo1_500.jpg

oh shit! bwhahaha!

batman > all

Aselith

Yea I don't think Aquaman wants to travel by sewers. That'd quickly turn into another running joke. Aquaman: The Shit He Has To Put Up With™

It could be a one shot where Aquaman punches his way out of the sewer and into a villians rectum. And then later it shows the police hauling the villian away while Aquaman says, "Rectum?!? I nearly killed um!" and then we laugh and laugh.

Cyke without Jean and Xavier riding his ass is a much more interesting character. Left to his own devices he has become a little slice of Magneto.

Tizoc

Like a boss. We really need a thread of awesome Spider-Man images and comics.

Agreed, this thread seems to have turned into one from the past few posts. Unless a mod wishes to change the thread title to 'ITT we post awesome moments from comic books', I'd go make one a few hours later.

Thank you for giving me no reason to have respect for scott

yHQBp.jpg

And Jean wanted to be with Wolverine but she didn't because she was with Cyclops. She found new dick. Their relationship had been over for awhile. Neither wanted to admit it though. Wolverine said it best when he said "You (Cyke) were too weak to say what you really wanted and she was too strong."

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Scott and Emma better last. Cyclops has been Marvel's whipping boy for too long. Jean can run to Wolvie and Namor can stay with Worm Queen.

Except comic writers love tearing apart anything resembling a Stable relationship

Parallax

yHQBp.jpg

And Jean wanted to be with Wolverine but she didn't because she was with Cyclops. She found new dick. Their relationship had been over for awhile. Neither wanted to admit it though. Wolverine said it best when he said "You (Cyke) were too weak to say what you really wanted and she was too strong."

Don't want logan and jean either. That relationship should never happen.

Like Captain America will let Cyke on the team after issue 2 of AvX.

Haven't read it, but I'm sure its nothing an ongoing couldn't fix. If tony can be redeemed for the shit he did, I'm sure scott could be as well.

Tizoc

DID HE JUST FUCKING "STICK" TO HER FACE AND RIP PART OF IT OFF?

HOLY SHIT

And by the way...

i6zfuRD8nbICn.png

Superman just shit his tights.

There was a version of this image with the words 'disregard bitches, save the universe' Dunno if I saved it in my HDD, but if anyone has it, do post it please.

http://i.imgur.com/yHQBp.jpg[IMG]

And Jean wanted to be with Wolverine but she didn't because she was with Cyclops. She found new dick. Their relationship had been over for awhile. Neither wanted to admit it though. Wolverine said it best when he said "You (Cyke) were too weak to say what you really wanted and she was too strong."[/QUOTE]
I've pretty much always agreed.

Though I wouldn't blame Cyke. She was all he knew. Being in love with her since his teens.

Neither really complemented the other. I was always like "Why does the Goddess choose the maladjusted manchild?"

Emma is perfect for Scott. Especially since he started "finding" himself. I mean... Cyke has gotten more fucked up than Wolvie use to be. Wolverine never really had that great of control over himself. So if he wasn't gutting someone it was a good day. Cyke is now enlisting kids to gut and flay. Wolvie didn't exactly have much choice his biology overriding just about everything. Cyke is doing this shit of his own volition.

I mean... did anyone ever expect Cyke to be pulling moves from the Magneto playbook after the way the character has been portrayed in most popular media? Or from the vast majority of his existence?

I always thought never really having payoff with the Wolverine/Jean relationship hurt both characters. I will say the end of the Morrison run is about the closest we are going to get any time soon.

I hope if Jean returns that Cyke welcomes her back as a friend, and not his wife returned from the dead. Because that shit is played out.

Jarmel

Banned
Scott and Emma better last. Cyclops has been Marvel's whipping boy for too long. Jean can run to Wolvie and Namor can stay with Worm Queen.

Except comic writers love tearing apart anything resembling a Stable relationship

Hopefully their relationship can last one more day.

I don't think Emma would stand aside quietly. She's the Big Girl on Campus these days. The one X-Woman I'm sad to see have a diminished importance in the X-Men is Storm. Shes so non-Storm like now in Uncanny X-Men. Claremont, despite not knowing how to write dialog, had the best tone and characterization for Storm.

ReiGun

Daredevil too.

Daredevil's life is so fucked up. He could put a bullet in his brain and you wouldn't even be able to hold it against him.

I don't think Emma would stand aside quietly. She's the Big Girl on Campus these days. The one X-Woman I'm sad to see have a diminished importance in the X-Men is Storm. Shes so non-Storm like now in Uncanny X-Men. Claremont, despite not knowing how to write dialog, had the best tone and characterization for Storm.
The marriage to Black Panther was the beginning of the end for poor Storm, it seems.

Parallax

Have her form her own x faction with namor and hellion somewhere in the pacific.

Don't want logan and jean either. That relationship should never happen.
I think that after watching her die a bajillion times, and get married to Summers, Logan would be hesitant to let another opportunity to be with Jean slip through his fingers should she come back once again.

Parallax

I think that after watching her die a bajillion times, and get married to Summers, Logan would be hesitant to let another opportunity to be with Jean slip through his fingers should she come back once again.

That depressing to think about. Mainly because there's no way she can live up to the pedestal he put her on.

I've always been a fan of Cyclops' and Jean's relationship, and hope that if she ever returns they are able to resume it.

I've never cared for Emma Frost, and the New X-Men run that started this whole mess is one of my least favorites.

Platy

Let's face it: the League only keeps Batman around cause he pays the bills. If a reporter's salary could pay for a space satellite base, he'd be off the team so fast it'd make his head spin. Plus, I guess the brooding Bat-based guy makes for good press with the emo kids and teenage Twihards.

As a frienc said awesomely

Teen Titans has lots of overpowered people ... the green dude who can turn at any animal, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg ....and they all accept orders from Robin.

Do you know what Robin's power is ?

He was trained by Batman. That is his superpower.

What's up with Melita ? Already dead ?
Spoilers for the last couple issues of Wolverine:
they broke up.

Wolverine went to Japan, and teamed up with Yukio and Amiko against a f*ckton of ninja led by the resurrected Sabretooth and Mystique. Wolverine was losing the battle and his mind because of some hallucinogenic gas, so he utilized a bit of mental training with Rachel and unleashed the "Berserker" persona. The "Berserker" slaughtered the ninja, then f*cked Yukio on their bloody corpses... Only it wasn't Yukio, but Mystique in disguise. Mystique taped the whole explicit event, then sent copies to Melita. In the last issue, we see Melita joining a group of Logan's ex-girlfriends who've banded together as a club/mercenary team.

they broke up.

Wolverine went to Japan, and teamed up with Yukio and Amiko against a f*ckton of ninja led by the resurrected Sabretooth and Mystique. Wolverine was losing the battle and his mind because of some hallucinogenic gas, so he utilized a bit of mental training with Rachel and unleashed the "Berserker" persona. The "Berserker" slaughtered the ninja, then f*cked Yukio on their bloody corpses... Only it wasn't Yukio, but Mystique in disguise. Mystique taped the whole explicit event, then sent copies to Melita. In the last issue, we see Melita joining a group of Logan's ex-girlfriends who've banded together as a club/mercenary team.

That HAS to be freakin fan fiction. Wow. LOL

Parallax

they broke up.

That has to be the stupidest club I've ever heard. Test that man, and you'll become mulch.

ReiGun

As a frienc said awesomely

Teen Titans has lots of overpowered people ... the green dude who can turn at any animal, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg ....and they all accept orders from Robin.

Do you know what Robin's power is ?

He's Dick Fucking Grayson. That is his superpower.

Fixed.

they broke up.

6znatz.gif

Hero

Aquaman sucks.

And regarding those Wolverine spoilers:

Didn't Wolverine just recently get manipulated into killing his own children? Is this ex-girlfriend club supposed to be a follow-up to that?

noah111

Still Alive
The Sentry sucked for most of his time around, but I'll always love him for ripping that piece of shit Carnage in half.
Maybe, but The New Avengers issues #7 though #10 were fucking amazing IMO. I remember reading that shit when I was a kid and drooling over the perplexing persona of reynolds.

What made it all even better was the art, he's one of my favorites. All the Marvel characters coming together in a non-event way was also great back in those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom