• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel PM's son dates non-Jewish Norwegian girl - some ultra-orthodox Jews are upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMufasa

Is be pretty pissed off if my son bought her home too, but for entirely different reasons.

I'm gonna have a rule with my sons. I can fuck their wives and they can fuck mine.

iUOcPcP.jpg

Norua

Banned
Soooo....

What year is it, again?

We could say the same about the US regarding other issues (and perhaps more important ones). The point is, it all depends on the cultural background.
Not that I agree with this. It's pretty stupid, but it's not surprising considering the community and origin of the beliefs they have.

SmokyDave

Jealous of his own son? He should be proud. Unless he hates Norwegians of course.
Only met a handful, but they seem like good people. Country is top of every table worth topping too. Just to clear up your doubts though, it's the jealousy thing. I'd turn into that dirty old man that hovers about on the landing waiting for her to get in / come out of the shower.

I'm gonna have a rule with my sons. I can fuck their wives and they can fuck mine.
I could give that a crack, but I reckon the missus would take a crowbar to my knees.

Roastbeef

Banned
orthodox Jews make up almost 10% of the Israeli population? shit, with their astronomical reproduction rates they're gonna be the majority within 50 years...

but don't worry about the upcoming ethnocentric theocracy, keep giving them more free weapons and money: they're the beacon of freedom in the middle east.

Drencrom

“I know friends of mine who invest tens of millions and more, hundreds of millions to fight assimilation in the world,” Deri told the Kol Barama station. “If God forbid it’s true, woe to us.”

Goldwin's Law all up in this

You might be surprised how much even some "moderate" American Jewish organizations see "assimilation" as an existential threat to the Jewish people.
It's true but lucky for me, not in my personal experience. My wife is Jewish, I am not. We belong to a Reform Temple here outside of Philly and have been welcomed with open arms, they really try to make us (me) feel comfortable. It's a nice community and it's the kind of religion that I want my kids raised in

On topic, you go Yair!

Kinyou

It's true but lucky for me, not in my personal experience. My wife is Jewish, I am not. We belong to a Reform Temple here outside of Philly and have been welcomed with open arms, they really try to make us (me) feel comfortable. It's a nice community and it's the kind of religion that I want my kids raised in

On topic, you go Yair!
I think they don't have as much of a problem with a jewish woman marrying a non-jew, because as far as I know does a jewish mother mean that the kids will automatically be recognized as jewish. So that actually increases the number of jews.
If however, the mother isn't jewish the religion of the kids is up to debate.

(I only heard this stuff in school once, so maybe I'm totally wrong)

I think they don't have as much of a problem with a jewish woman marrying a non-jew, because as far as I know does a jewish mother mean that the kids will automatically be recognized as jewish. So that actually increases the number of jews.
If however, the mother isn't jewish the religion of the kids is up to debate.

(I only heard this stuff in school once, so maybe I'm totally wrong)

you're right, it's not as bad but we're still looked down on by these zealots

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
You'd figure Jews would be the last people to be racist.
I find posts like this offensive, frankly. As if:
1) All Jews are as extreme as the ultra orthodox.
2) It is somehow inconceivable that certain individuals would remain fanatics, or just plain assholes, because their people were mass murdered. It's like saying that they should be held to a higher standard than ethnic groups that didn't have to experience such a horrible affair. It's twisted logic.

Amir0x

Banned
Even non-orthodox Jews can be big on marrying within the religion/culture. Being Jewish is like gaining 5" in height or $100,000/yr in income in terms of attractiveness to a good deal of non-Jewish women.

man i have never once been able to turn my jewishness into an advantage like that!

maybe i have to be practicing or something :(

ramparter

Banned
Man, I wish I was in a similar situation so I would just go out and say "F you everyone, I'll do whatever I want because it's my life and because I enjoy how much it pisses you." and then I would anything I could to troll them (public appearances, constant photo posting on fb, twitter etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom