• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki gives small update on Devil's Third via Facebook

Vena

When did Itagaki become modest? This isn't the Itagaki I remember. He was quite vocal about others in the industry.

Probably got humbled when Nintendo took his game and started polishing it. The thing was a janky mess when it was first revealed and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if NSPD picked it apart to fix it.

trutrutru

What's with the confusion? He listed CoD: Black Ops 2 and NFS: Most Wanted and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as games that show the Wii U is good for online gamers.
I mentioned that his lists contains 2 old games which have newer versions out on other consoles/platforms (CoD and NFS) and didn't mention MH because there is no alternative to play MH online in the west.

If we take out all games that aren't released yet and had had sequels, his list would span 2-3 games.

lol..busted on that monster hunter part

Bulzeeb

There should be an Ivan Amiibo.

CavernousRareBeardeddragon.gif

Soul Lab

Looks like Itagaki is very happy with Nintendo as publisher. Someone could say now: "He has to say such things, because he is working with Nintendo atm"
True but I've got the feeling Nintendo supports him to do what he wants do with this game. Just some advices and helping hands from them.

NateDrake

Yeah, reviewers in Europe got it about that early.

I believe the reasoning is they wanted people to take their time and learn the game, but it also probably had to do with release timing.

Europe was given Bayonetta 2 very early. US outlets got it closer to release - I think 2 or 3 weeks ahead of release, if I remember correctly.

Nightbird

Looks like Itagaki is very happy with Nintendo as publisher. Someone could say now: "He has to say such things, because he is working with Nintendo atm"
True but I've got the feeling Nintendo supports him to do what he wants do with this game. Just some advices and helping hands from them.

Also, he isn't the only one to make such claims. I remember Platinum begin equaly excited to work with Nintendo. Yacht Club did also them a lot.
It seems like Nintendo is just very fun to work with.

L Thammy

If I'm not mistaken, that tattoo in the wallpaper is of the Buddhist god Fudo Myoo, who purifies by burning away evil. And of course, those sanskrit tattoos are from that ghost story Itagaki mentioned previously. I guess the idea is that Ivan could be "possessed" by the same evil as his enemies but has instead chosen to strike against it. Though I don't think enlightenment is going to be the final fate for anyone here.

Now that I think about it, the tattoo on the back of the woman may be Inari, the . That's assuming that the animal depicted is a white fox and not a wolf. I have no idea what a wolf would represent. Dunno what that means. Probably just that she's deceptive.

Kind of wondering if his shaven head is supposed to invoke the image of a Buddhist monk. It certainly doesn't now. There's clearly a ton of Japanese imagery here, but it's too easily buried under the "dudebro".

TheMoon

Here's a non-facebook update: (nothing new really)

“It looks like Devil’s Third for Wii U is just about done. It’s been two years spent on designs, and four, six years of development,” Itagaki said. “We’ve really kept all of you fans waiting, but for our first title since going independent, it wouldn’t be fun if we released a small game, so [Devil’s Third] is the result of making something while going all out.”

“The single player is made to be like the action games of yesteryear,” he stated. “And the online competitive multiplayer mode was designed on a scale that will make you go ‘this much already?!’ The release date announcement will still take a little longer, but let’s play together when it releases. It’s loads of fun!!”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/3...-all-out-on-devils-third/#vfq0bvIG1ufGwa33.99

hatchx

Banned
I have itagaki on facebook, and I feel like a damn ninja. He is very cool.

The amount of hype he is pouring into DT makes me excited, I can't help it.

?oe?oe

It's probably first half judging by all his comments. It's just needs a proper Nintendo Direct rereveal. This and W101 not making the main presentation in their reveal is baffling.

_Clash_

It's probably first half judging by all his comments. It's just needs a proper Nintendo Direct rereveal. This and W101 not making the main presentation in their reveal is baffling.

Well, the devils third reveal looked like alpha gameplay. Could be why.

There's no way this could be a part of their main presentation. It has a lot of realistic violence unlike Bayonetta which was fighting demons and angels. Ivan is cutting humans into pieces, drinking, smoking and clearly about to have sex. I honestly don't know how there be able to saw single-player in a Nintendo Direct (that isn't solely focused on Devil's Third).

_Clash_

There's no way this could be a part of their main presentation. It has a lot of realistic violence unlike Bayonetta which was fighting demons and angels. Ivan is cutting humans into pieces, drinking, smoking and clearly about to have sex. I honestly don't know how there be able to saw single-player in a Nintendo Direct (that isn't solely focused on Devil's Third).

Also true.

I would have agreed with you in the last 6 years but Nintendo in the last few months feels different and I wouldn't be that surprised if they show DT a lot in the next direct.

E-phonk

Banned
I honestly don't know how there be able to saw single-player in a Nintendo Direct (that isn't solely focused on Devil's Third).

They could show the wackyness of the multiplayer for example - that didn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary violence wise and seemed like good fun.
It's actually the only part that makes it slightly interesting to me right now.

_Clash_

Devil's Third is a real wild card.

Hope something good comes out of the collaboration.

Will scratch a gameplay itch too. Hopefully its memorable

_Clash_

I just hope Nintendo push this title if they believe in it.

I still think they could have done more with 101.

Hate to see a replay.

I just hope Nintendo push this title if they believe in it.

I still think they could have done more with 101.

Hate to see a replay.

Looks like they are ignoring it even worse than that one. There's zero buzz, yet it's supposed to come out soon? Expect a worse performance than Sin & Punishment.
Shit, I don't even want to think about Japanese sales, considering that even W101 launched at 5k or something over there.

If there's one thing I learned from this thread, it's that PS2 games aren't fun. Thanks, NeoGAF!

Kind of hyped for this now though, in a weird way. I get a weird Anarchy Reigns vibe about it, for some reason.

?oe?oe

They could show the wackyness of the multiplayer for example - that didn't seem to have anything out of the ordinary violence wise and seemed like good fun.
It's actually the only part that makes it slightly interesting to me right now.
The multiplayer trailer is what peaked my interest too! Better than the SP trailer.

synce

Haha make no mistake this game will tank. Nintendo never promotes anything that doesn't have Mario in the title, especially M-rated stuff. Imagine what parents will think when they blindly buy their kids the newest Nintendo game and there's a hairy witch spreading her legs on the TV!

AEREC

This just popped up on my radar...always heard of it but now just finally saw a trailer on the WiiU eShop...looks fun as hell.

random25

Itagaki mentioned something about Devil's Third in his latest FB post:

Hey gamers gathering here.

I know you guys are craving for the latest information on Devil's Third. Devil's Third isn't a simple shooter, but an unprecedented massive shooter to be played by tons of players. So there's many things to set before we release it. The game contains a lot of elements well over the volume to be provided by two regular games.

This game will be the biggest game of life for me and my colleagues, including you guys, not to mention.
It took two years for the concept working and four years for the development. It's not surprising at all. Such amount of time is needed to create a totally new game from scratch. I'm sure you'll dig what I mean if I say we spent four years to develop Ninja Gaiden.

But, I know your mind. Such development matters have nothing to do with gamers. So I and all the members of Valhalla really appreciate that you guys have waited for Devil's Third for a long time.

What Devil's Third is?
Such announcement will be made over time. Thanks for your patiense. Devil's Third will meet you guys' expectation for sure!
Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

Tomonobu Itagaki

https://www.facebook.com/tomonobu.itagaki/posts/1536738576590255?pnref=story

I say the next showing is at E3, I think we're approaching the point where anything might be better saved for it. Basically by March or April I say hold off.

ozfunghi

Thanks, added to OP!

Maybe the date of the update would be better put before the quote instead of in the quote so it stands out more. I checked the OP, but didn't really notice the date of the updates and saw the date of the OP. So i assumed it was an old update until i saw it here.

Just a thought.

Yeah, nothing about this makes any sense. Before it was "Nintendo won't show violence in Directs!" now it's "Nintendo won't show realistic violence...". It's just weird qualification after qualification with little to no basis

jmizzal

I say the next showing is at E3, I think we're approaching the point where anything might be better saved for it. Basically by March or April I say hold off.

I think it would be better if they showed it off before E3, have the new info and new look, then first hands on at E3.

If they wait til E3 it might get over shadowed by all the other games, Zelda full showing, XCX localized, Mario Marker, Star Fox and what ever else Nintendo has to show off.

Sorry for the double post but this is new info more or less.

Tomonobu Itagaki

-Thank you everyone here from bottom of my heart.
My staff at Valhalla are working/playing/enjoying hard all day everyday.
Your kind words encourage us! Thanks again

--I have to say that finished Devil's Third is almost completely different than the footage you picked up. First of all, you have to aware Ivan (protagonist of DT) is perfect bald man
He is cool.

-You guys should use Pro-controller for Devil's Third.

-no one says specific release date yet. thanks for your patience.

-You guys should use Pro-Controller, plus...secret. Sorry

While I'm already sold on the game and don't really expect a major turnaround presentation-wise, I do think it'd be hilarious if they re-reveal it and it's a drastic overhaul that just blows everyone away. Wii U saved, nonbelievers begging for forgiveness in the streets, etc

Really not a fan of the total silence from Nintendo though. I understand Itagaki isn't legally allowed to say anything at the moment but the total lack of acknowledgement sucks. I get it had a "poor showing" at E3 and they probably want to (attempt to) reintroduce it to a warmer reception but c'mon Nintendo.....give us a taste

EDIT: quoted for new page

Tomonobu Itagaki

-Thank you everyone here from bottom of my heart.
My staff at Valhalla are working/playing/enjoying hard all day everyday.
Your kind words encourage us! Thanks again

--I have to say that finished Devil's Third is almost completely different than the footage you picked up. First of all, you have to aware Ivan (protagonist of DT) is perfect bald man
He is cool.

-You guys should use Pro-controller for Devil's Third.

-no one says specific release date yet. thanks for your patience.

-You guys should use Pro-Controller, plus...secret. Sorry

EhoaVash

I was at GameStop today and they were talking about devils third on the GameStop TV thing for a couple of minutes saying its going to release soon

Also I really wished Ivan wasn't bald/ was hoping the protognist was cool looking like ryu hayubusa but I got used to it and now his baldness doesn't really bother me.

ironcreed

Banned
First of all, you have to be aware Ivan (protagonist of DT) is perfect bald man
He is cool.

GOTY confirmed.

But seriously, can't wait until we get a date. The game is a long time coming and looks like it is going to be fun.

Top Bottom