• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT Sony Fanboys make believe they own 360s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

clashfan said:
You may have made this thread with good intentions but alot of people used this thread to troll. I'm actually glad you made this thread because now I have alot of people to add to my ignore list.

clashfan said:
I can't believe sony fans are so insecure that they need to constantly make threads like this to compensate for a third place finish.

Cognitive dissonance ITT.

logo_original.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this thread was fine until a mod, who I'm going to assume was a drunk Amirox (correct me if I'm wrong), changed the thread title.

It's just embarrassing now.

soldat7

As long as there's Halo, I'll keep paying for Live. Live is an excellent service and up til now has been worth every penny. However, with Sony stepping up their game, I'm not sure how much longer Live will have the advantage.

Firestorm

soldat7 said:
As long as there's Halo, I'll keep paying for Live. Live is an excellent service and up til now has been worth every penny. However, with Sony stepping up their game, I'm not sure how much longer Live will have the advantage.
for as long as Sony doesn't have Party Chat. I want to be able to log into PSN, click "Start Party", invite my friends, and be talking to them and waiting for others to get on even before Uncharted 2 boots up. Until then, Live has the superior experience.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm confused by the thread title.
I know MS fanboys make believe they own PS3's
not the otherway around thou, Sony fanboys are pretty much up front about not owning a 360.

BobTheFork said:
What was this thread about anyways? I actually want to pick up a cheap 360 some time this year, but I don't plan on ever playing it online. I want to play, dead rising, CrackDown, and Mass Erect; that's a pretty good 3fer for the XBOX.
if you get CrackDown, you HAVE to try out the online co-op!!!

you get 3 free 1 month gold trials with a new system, so it only costs you a few minutes of making a live account on the console.

alr1ghtstart said:
with an HDD after RROD pro
conveniently cropped out of the pic!!1!!1!!!!!

Woo-Fu said:
Is it? Unless you've worked with the backend code yourself I don't know how you'd be able to determine this.

My experience with netcode is that as soon as the netcode gets a bit better the designers use that improvement to add more entities/players. To the player it will continue to feel like the "same old" netcode, but there will be more going on than before.

I haven't run any numbers or anything but it has been my personal experience that 360 games have larger player limits than in the past, more entities, more things going on, etc., than ever before. Without advances in the backend networking I have to wonder how they'd manage that?

Sounds like just because the only "advances" you see are the value adds MS is doing to try to differentiate Gold from Silver you're assuming that they're the only advances.
when did Perfect Dark Zero release again? oh, at launch? and it had surprisingly good netcode too. for some reason, COD2 was more popular despite fucking disgusting code that makes gears 1 look like brad pitt.

borsdy

Banned
TGO said:
I'm confused by the thread title.
I know MS fanboys make believe they own PS3's
not the otherway around thou, Sony fanboys are pretty much up front about not owning a 360.
Uh huh?

Jal

I got 12 months Live that i hardly used, i went 2 years without it then my 360 died and i bought a PS3.

J-Rzez

onemic said:
Gotta say I'm in the exact same place as the OP. Haven't bothered paying for my live sub for almost a year now. I only get gold off of live trials and such now. Just can't see any real reason why MS would charge $50 a year for a service that is virtually the same as its competitors, which I already use.(Steam and PSN) Back in 2005 I totally saw the justification for it, but now it's just highway robbery.

That's the way many people feel anymore. There really is no advantage to having a pay service like Gold compared to PSN. The added features you get are rather trivial, and the bulk of the reason you pay for it, is free on PSN. People like to complain about other devs locking out content on a disc as DLC, yet they have no problem with MS doing the same exact thing.

It's going to be interesting to see what Sony offers up to make it have value.

I won't be continuing my Gold service unless I get another free year, it's a waste anymore.

OldeGamer

Neo Member
I am not confused by the thread title change at all, however based on recent posts it has not deterred the trolling at all.

I can not believe all the whining about an awesome online service that costs most people $30-40 a year. Continue bitching about $60 games, $100 hard drives, $90 WiFi adaptors, but why bitch about a $30 service that offers up hundred of hours of pure enjoyment. You can tell the trollers as they keep saying the service is $50 when most Gaffers do not pay this amount.

Now I do not have a problem however saying Xbox Live is at least $50 better than PSN as I have played both.

Dabanton

Red Scarlet said:
What's the "Zone" thing in the gamer tags?

If it worked properly it would give you a clear idea of what people to avoid on Live. I've noticed in my time on Live that a majority of the people with 'pro' or 'underground' as there 'Zones' are either loudmouths or little kids...:lol

Vyer said:
This thread.....just like all the Live threads that keep popping up every few weeks. 2010 Go!

...aaaannnnddd thanks for proving my point. :lol

Proving your point that I was able to decipher your post? You're confusing me here

Slavik81

OldeGamer said:
I am not confused by the thread title change at all, however based on recent posts it has not deterred the trolling at all.

I can not believe all the whining about an awesome online service that costs most people $30-40 a year. Continue bitching about $60 games, $100 hard drives, $90 WiFi adaptors, but why bitch about a $30 service that offers up hundred of hours of pure enjoyment. You can tell the trollers as they keep saying the service is $50 when most Gaffers do not pay this amount.

Now I do not have a problem however saying Xbox Live is at least $50 better than PSN as I have played both.
The real problem has never been the quality of Xbox Live Gold. It offers some friend-management features that some other platforms don't have and people who spend a lot of time playing with friends may feel that's worthwhile.

The real issue is how badly Xbox Live Silver sucks. It's vastly inferior to the free online services on any other system.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
TheExodu5 said:
Alright then. I somehow need to console myself that one of my 7 current gaming devices is in third place among the home consoles? Riiiiiight.

I just made the thread because my Live sub is about to expire and I was deciding not to renew.

Oh, here's your tinfoil hat by the way. You dropped it.

I don't understand why you made this thread, just becuase you are not going to renew you gold account with xbox live. If already decided to not renew it, then this thread was useless, it would have been different if you had asked, Should I renew it. Most of you posts on this forum you come off as a Sony fanboy. Yes, you might own a 360 and a PS3, but you can still be biased toward on system to another. You obviously more of a Sony fan by your post history.

Red Scarlet

Dabanton said:
If it worked properly it would give you a clear idea of what people to avoid on Live. I've noticed in my time on Live that a majority of the people with 'pro' or 'underground' as there 'Zones' are either loudmouths or little kids...:lol

What are the different options and how do they actually work? You can't put "pro" and only be matched(?) up with other people that put "pro" in theirs?

J-Rzez

OldeGamer said:

The problem is not being able to play the major content on the disc, which was intended as a major selling point of a game, unless you pay MS to "unlock" said content. You don't do that on the PS3.

To be totally honest at this point, there is nothing there that makes Gold $50 more valuable than PSN. Cross game invites are great, but can be and will be done elsewhere. Friends lists are done elsewhere. So basically you're paying for party chat at this point. At one point game stability seemed better on xbox, but that's not the case anymore as even for example MW2 seems to cause less grief to others on PS3 than what I deal with on Live.

Red Scarlet said:
What are the different options and how do they actually work? You can't put "pro" and only be matched(?) up with other people that put "pro" in theirs?
There's Family, Pro, Recreation, and something else.

It serves no purpose but to alert other people to the level of douchebaginess to expect from you. It's actually rather functional.

Red Scarlet

So you pretty much want to avoid "pro" people? That's what most of the tags say that have been shown. I doubt all of y'all with "pro" are douchebags.

Lothars

OldeGamer said:

I do have an issue with that because it's not true, There are two main benefits right now with Xbox Live compared to PSN

1. Party Chat

2. Cross Game Invites which I find better on Xbox because of how they are implemented.

Once sony gets at least party chat or at least cross game chat than there will be closer than ever.

I pay for Xbox live and don't regret it but PSN is getting better and better though especially since it's free.

Red Scarlet said:
So you pretty much want to avoid "pro" people? That's what most of the tags say that have been shown. I doubt all of y'all with "pro" are douchebags.
You know I was going to say something here but I'm not going to.

My tag says "recreation". The worst people are the "pros", but of course not all "pros" are the worst people. Some interesting sorts of douchebags use the "underground" tag.

Red Scarlet

Segata Sanshiro said:

My tag says "recreation". The worst people are the "pros", but of course not all "pros" are the worst people. Some interesting sorts of douchebags use the "underground" tag.

:lol go ahead and say whatever you were going to, I was planning on closing the thread after asking a couple q's which I have now.

Cruzader

Banned
OldeGamer said:

FYI Gold aint $30. Thats the price you get if you go out of your way to get XBL. Most ppls are paying $50.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Segata Sanshiro said:

It's an early warning system. Like a Tornado siren or by how many X's they have in their name.

Red Scarlet said:
:lol go ahead and say whatever you were going to, I was planning on closing the thread after asking a couple q's which I have now.
Ohhhkee dokee then.

Every last person in this thread who posted a gamertag with the zone "pro" is a douchebag. Unquestionably.

Cruzader said:
FYI Gold aint $30. Thats the price you get if you go out of your way to get XBL. Most ppls are paying $50.

Actually, it's been $40 for a few months now through Xbox Live itself or through major brick and mortar stores like Best Buy or online through Amazon.com

J-Rzez said:
To be totally honest at this point, there is nothing there that makes Gold $50 more valuable than PSN.

The fact that all my friends in real life play the system nightly... yes, there is something way more valuable on Live over PSN. Even my friends with PS3's play all their multiplayer games on Live. MS has made it the default unit to play when playing online and developers and players know this. I go where my friends are and MS has made that Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom