• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT Sony Fanboys make believe they own 360s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

This thread.....just like all the Live threads that keep popping up every few weeks. 2010 Go!

brain_stew said:
So the platform itself doesn't actually offer anything above and beyond PSN but its the fact that its the market leader that makes it more compelling. Is that your answer?

...aaaannnnddd thanks for proving my point. :lol

OverHeat

« generous god »
alr1ghtstart said:
quick, everyone post pictures of their make believe 360s.

2aeyqep.jpg

Well its an ARCADE....

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Son of Godzilla said:
It wasn't particularly entertaining in the FF thread, much less whenever it gets regurgitated.

At the time it was hysterical. God, that thread was epic.

I can't keep track of all the intersecting flamewars going on in here. We've got PC vs. console, Live vs. PSN, 360 vs. PS3, whether HDTVs are really useful, and then meta-conversations about which of these are really trolls. It's too much!

DoomGyver

You know that gif where the monkey is pulling on the dogs tail? I think that sums this thread up nicely.

edit: here you go

8algzdj.gif

Brofist

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So is this now a console vs gaming PC thread? Good grief.

Here are a list of reasons that I don't game on PC.

- I hate using a mouse & kb for anything beyond Minesweeper
- the online community for most games is tiny, especially in the US
- few games support local multi/split screen
- none of my friends game on PC
- I don't know how to build a PC, don't care to learn, and refuse to pay $700+ for gaming hardware off the shelf
- PC games have little resale value, and are often unavailable used
- Many current multiplatform releases are delayed on PC
- Many series I care about are still console exclusive

Feel free to nitpick every reason on the list, thread derail complete.

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to use a PC for gaming, but at least have your reasons straight. The PC is the most versatile platform by far as far as control methods. You can even use the DS3, 360 pad and Wiimote.

Also the point about resale value makes sense, but games are a lot cheaper to begin with so probably working out the same anyway.

HallucinatingElvis said:
but then I would have to play on a PC....eeeeeew.

What's eeeeeew is playing your "HD games" at sub 720p resolutions :D

kpop100 said:
What's eeeeeew is playing your "HD games" at sub 720p resolutions :D

no...simply put, as much as I have tried I simply cannot get into PC gaming, I want to mind you...but at this moment I does NOTHING for me. alright maybe it does a little something just not enough to motivate me to get the right setup together. I dream of an HTPC though*sigh*but it's not in the cards right now.

KOTOR may change all of that though...

Geneijin

kpop100 said:
I can understand why someone wouldn't want to use a PC for gaming, but at least have your reasons straight. The PC is the most versatile platform by far as far as control methods. You can even use the DS3, 360 pad and Wiimote.

Also the point about resale value makes sense, but games are a lot cheaper to begin with so probably working out the same anyway.

Wait what?

Mar

Haunted said:
Oh we're posting our PS360 IDs now? me too me too!

GAF%20Haunted.png

21cyz9v.png

Do you just get called GAF all the time by people online? That would surely be very annoying.

I know what people are like online, at least on Live. I get called Mar 360 all the time, even though I thought it was pretty obvious I added the 360 because Mar was taken and it's the console I'm playing on.

Mar

NIGHT- said:
[/B]

The newer models run pretty quiet. Hell my 80 gig PS3 is louder than my 360 =[

My reasonably quiet 360 red ringed on me about a month ago, I got an incredibly loud model back after repair :(.

Haunted

Mar_ said:
Do you just get called GAF all the time by people online? That would surely be very annoying.

I know what people are like online, at least on Live. I get called Mar 360 all the time, even though I thought it was pretty obvious I added the 360 because Mar was taken and it's the console I'm playing on.
I usually play with people I know. If I do play with randoms, I'm not using a headset and always mute everyone. So... I actually don't know! They probably would. >_<

They're probably using your full username out of courtesy. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cakefoo said:
ITT a butthurt mod wears a tinfoil hat, much to the approval of known Xbots.

Why the hell was the thread title changed anyway? I mean the topic (at least the two pages before this blew up) seemed fine in itself. :/

And no, I'm not going to post my 360/PSN id just to prove I have both consoles. Fuck you, witchhunters.

V_Arnold

cakefoo said:
ITT a butthurt mod wears a tinfoil hat, much to the approval of known Xbots.

And now sir, you have created the perfect example of why this topic's title is what it is now - and you only needed 15 word for it. Achievement unlocked! :)

clashfan

I can't believe sony fans are so insecure that they need to constantly make threads like this to compensate for a third place finish.

ZZMitch

V_Arnold said:
And now sir, you have created the perfect example of why this topic's title is what it is now - and you only needed 15 word for it. Achievement unlocked! :)
His avatar is the best part :D

cakefoo

ZZMitch said:
His avatar is the best part :D
Then wait for someone with a Marcus Fenix avatar to say it, because apparently facts are only true to you when it's from someone who has no motive to say otherwise in a particular scenario. Gotta love game forums. It's why I rarely post in the interesting threads. Too many paranoid fanboys for me, not enough substance and maturity.

FWIW I bought a 360 long before a PS3. I only sold my 360 when I got a PS3 and found that, for my tastes, the PS3 was the only console I would need to make me happy. If Natal's good, I'll get a 360. Fair deal? That doesn't mean I'll get Live Gold though. There's no justifiable reason MS should be holding back the privilege of peer to peer multiplayer from people who are used to every other platform giving it away for free. You don't need to be any kind of fanboy to think like that, I'm just a regular consumer.

TheExodu5

Banned
clashfan said:
I can't believe sony fans are so insecure that they need to constantly make threads like this to compensate for a third place finish.

Alright then. I somehow need to console myself that one of my 7 current gaming devices is in third place among the home consoles? Riiiiiight.

I just made the thread because my Live sub is about to expire and I was deciding not to renew.

Oh, here's your tinfoil hat by the way. You dropped it.

tfur

Pretty sure a good percentage of you guys are exhibiting signs of traumatic bonding / battered wives syndrome.

What was this thread about anyways? I actually want to pick up a cheap 360 some time this year, but I don't plan on ever playing it online. I want to play, dead rising, CrackDown, and Mass Erect; that's a pretty good 3fer for the XBOX.

BobTheFork said:
What was this thread about anyways? I actually want to pick up a cheap 360 some time this year, but I don't plan on ever playing it online. I want to play, dead rising, CrackDown, and Mass Erect; that's a pretty good 3fer for the XBOX.

ITT Sony Fanboys pretend that they want Xbox 360s

:enemyglider: said:
ITT Sony Fanboys pretend that they want Xbox 360s
nope, I actually want one. Go figure, this year has been tight as hell on money. I should be able to get one fairly cheap this year.

J-Rzez

clashfan said:

It's been a bad year for clashfan.

Slavik81

me.

I'm reluctant to buy an online-focused game for 360 as I'd then be locked into the subscription, or I'd lose my ability to play that game. Instead, I mostly have titles where the multiplayer is ancillary to a single-player that I want to play. I occasionally spend time that I get for free on those.

Onemic

Gotta say I'm in the exact same place as the OP. Haven't bothered paying for my live sub for almost a year now. I only get gold off of live trials and such now. Just can't see any real reason why MS would charge $50 a year for a service that is virtually the same as its competitors, which I already use.(Steam and PSN) Back in 2005 I totally saw the justification for it, but now it's just highway robbery.

An just so nobody blames me for having an imaginary 360
as it seems likes that's the popular consensus for those that criticize the pricing structure of Live

onem1c.jpg

clashfan

TheExodu5 said:
I just made the thread because my Live sub is about to expire and I was deciding not to renew...

You may have made this thread with good intentions but alot of people used this thread to troll. I'm actually glad you made this thread because now I have alot of people to add to my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom