• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT Sony Fanboys make believe they own 360s

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWong

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
I don't think you understand what 9/10 means.

9 out of 10 times, 360 games run better than their PS3 counterparts.

Not, 360 games run 9-10x better than PS3 games.
A tricky sentence to read. Still, the argument is silly.

There's no practical difference between either version. Both play fine.
So the reasons for console version preferences won't be the slightly better performance of whatever version.

borsdy

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I don't.
Indifferent2.gif
neojubei said:
If you are talking about xbox gold, nope don't have it and really do not need it.

I would not have guessed this.

NIGHT-

JWong said:
A tricky sentence to read. Still, the argument is silly.

There's no practical difference between either version. Both play fine.
So the reasons for console version preferences won't be the slightly better performance of whatever version.

Maybe the differences are not justifiable to you. But they make a huge difference to a lot of users on this forum. Just read any OT of any big multiplatform game and you will see shit loads of post asking which version runs/looks better.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
My PC can't run any games made in the last 3 years, so no.

No, I think Durante has a point here, although he didn't really word it completely: if you care enough about minute differences to read articles, and you do it to pick which one to buy and not just to feel smug about the one console you picked getting better ones, why don't you have a gaming PC and one console instead?

NIGHT- said:
Maybe the differences are not justifiable to you. But they make a huge difference to a lot of users on this forum. Just read any OT of any big multiplatform game and you will see shit loads of post asking which version runs/looks better.

Historically speaking, 5-to-1 odds on any one given poster asking for dick-measuring purposes and not to pick which one to buy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks for attracting the fanboy war, mod. :mad:

luxarific said:
This. People who complain about the price need to check CAG more often.

You buy me a card for $20 and I'll get Live. I shouldn't have to spend hours scouring the internet to find a deal. The best I can find around Canada is like $50 or so. Not much of a deal at all.

NIGHT-

charlequin said:
No, I think Durante has a point here, although he didn't really word it completely: if you care enough about minute differences to read articles, and you do it to pick which one to buy and not just to feel smug about the one console you picked getting better ones, why don't you have a gaming PC and one console instead?

Because he already owns both consoles and not a gaming rig and just wants to get the best out of what he has, which is understandable. I personally don't think the price of upgrading my PC is worth it.

Rolf NB

Ok. I didn't really care about this thread, but with the title change, I feel like it's calling to me now. I probably should say something. I just don't know what. Tips?
Segata Sanshiro said:
again terribly sorry for all this
Any ideas for a solution?

Quixzlizx

I have Gold at the moment, but I let it expire when it's out and don't resubscribe unless a friend asks to play a game over XBL and I can find a deal on a 12-month card.

What is this thread about?

I own both consoles they are on seperate TVs in the gaming area. I game mainly on the PS3 (at this point in time) simply because of two reasons. Two RRoD and Live is way to social for me.

I have never had a Gold account, both my sons have Gold Accounts. I tried playing MW2 single player on my sons account, the pop ups are annoying, this person is online, that person wants to talk to you, join this party, voice message recieved. It made me frustrated as hell. PSN is not nearly as intrusive.

Fuck All That Noise!!! I'm old school, I want to play games, leave me alone :lol

NIGHT-

bcn-ron said:
Ok. I didn't really care about this thread, but with the title change, I feel like it's calling to me now. I probably should say something. I just don't know what. Tips?
Any ideas for a solution?

I think you've pretty much covered it in the other 360 thread. We already know your here to troll the 360.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
NIGHT- said:
Because he already owns both consoles and not a gaming rig and just wants to get the best out of what he has, which is understandable. I personally don't think the price of upgrading my PC is worth it.

I think the point is though if you're so motivated to pick over these comparisons, that same motivation will likely ultimately lead you to getting that gaming rig so you can have 'the best'.

I imagine if you do follow these comparisons closely with an eye on wanting the best possible version and don't have a PC, it'd tear you apart after awhile.

Particularly if you're already a multi-console owner and thus can likely afford another...

Nif

Anerythristic said:

I own both consoles they are on seperate TVs in the gaming area. I game mainly on the PS3 (at this point in time) simply because of two reasons. Two RRoD and Live is way to social for me.

I have never had a Gold account, both my sons have Gold Accounts. I tried playing MW2 single player on my sons account, the pop ups are annoying, this person is online, that person wants to talk to you, join this party, voice message recieved. It made me frustrated as hell. PSN is not nearly as intrusive.

Fuck All That Noise!!! I'm old school, I want to play games, leave me alone :lol

How much would you pay for an option to turn off the popups? I can put one into your Xbox for you.

Owzers

gofreak said:
I think the point is though if you're so motivated to pick over these comparisons, that same motivation will likely ultimately lead you to getting that gaming rig so you can have 'the best'.

I imagine if you do follow these comparisons closely with an eye on wanting the best possible version and don't have a PC, it'd tear you apart after awhile.

Particularly if you're already a multi-console owner and thus can likely afford another...

I already feel like an idiot for owning all 3 consoles though. "Motivation" to spend $500-700 on building a pc ( or more?) is a different kind of motivation than wanting to buy the better version of a 360/ps3 game.

TheOddOne

Anerythristic said:

Intrusive? Its the same way on PSN.

NIGHT-

sillymonkey321 said:
I already feel like an idiot for owning all 3 consoles though. "Motivation" to spend $500-700 on building a pc ( or more?) is a different kind of motivation than wanting to buy the better version of a 360/ps3 game.

Exactly.

NIGHT- said:
Because he already owns both consoles and not a gaming rig

Again, that's the question. If playing the best version of multiplatform games is a concern to this hypothetical person, why did they buy two consoles, neither of which will do that? Up until the PS3's price drop this year you could build a gaming PC that would play multiplatform games significantly better than either. (Now it'll run you $100 extra instead.)

I think the PC Master Race stuff is equally as retarded (maybe a little more, actually) as the console fanboy stuff, but I think it's a pretty useful piece of perspective for when 360 and PS3 people get in a pissing match about who has the better version of multiplatform games.

TheExodu5 said:
Thanks for attracting the fanboy war, mod. :mad:

It wasn't a very good thread in the first place. Better to have idiot fanboy warfare happening in here than someplace where people are talking about something interesting.

sillymonkey321 said:
I already feel like an idiot for owning all 3 consoles though.

The lesson here is to stop caring about minute and miniscule differences between the same game on different platforms, in case I needed to be clearer about that part.

Diablos

Seeing as how my 360 has collected dust since the beginning of 2009 (with a couple exceptions), I have basically reverted back to a Sony fanboy. I'm not as eager to defend, though, as the older you get the more silly that becomes... but there are some certain things that will bring out the 17 year old Sony fanboy within, sadly.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sillymonkey321 said:

I don't think what I said is the case for everyone concerned. I'm sure there's people like yourself for whom it's just about ps3 and 360 and it's a genuine thing and not a e-peen contest.

But I do think if you invest this much in your gaming, and invest this much concern over typically small differences between versions of games, you'll probably want that PC and enjoy even greater differences and improvements. Now or eventually.

Probably.

And once you do you can stop looking at these comparisons altogether and just get the PC version pretty confidently.

Haunted

Durante said:
Anyone who cares enough about the difference in multiplatform titles to read articles about it should be playing on PC.
...hooked up to an HDTV and with a 360 controller.

Best of both worlds and I couldn't be happier.

EagleEyes said:
If you have an elite, you obviously have a 120gb HD. Just install the game and it will be super quiet. Problem solved.
Oh, I do. Fuck, if I'd use the DVD drive, the fucker would be even louder. Unacepptable.

NIGHT-

charlequin said:
Again, that's the question. If playing the best version of multiplatform games is a concern to this hypothetical person, why did they buy two consoles, neither of which will do that? Up until the PS3's price drop this year you could build a gaming PC that would play multiplatform games significantly better than either. (Now it'll run you $100 extra instead.)

He most likely bought both consoles to play exclusive titles for each.

MrPliskin

Banned
NIGHT- said:
If those people were truly concerned with having the best version, they'd get the PC version. Anything else is just stealth cheerleading.

NIGHT-

MrPliskin said:
If those people were truly concerned with having the best version, they'd get the PC version. Anything else is just stealth cheerleading.

But there is a huge difference in getting a better of version of something you already own than paying $700-$1k for something you don't have

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
We have to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Oh no way, you've brought this mess upon us, now you'll stay here and suffer the consequences.

TheOddOne said:
Intrusive? Its the same way on PSN.

No, it's not. I get a little mail icon on the top right of my screen if someone wants to play a multiplayer game with me or sends me a message. Then if I want to see who is online I simply move the XMB over to the right and they are listed there. It's quiet the way I like it. :lol

Don't talk to me about the XBOX, I have had MS machines at launch since they have been available and this will continue. I was just voicing my opinion and preferences.

The PS3 has definetly grown on me it's a sleek machine, and PSN is just about right for my wants. I am not a social person and pretty quiet IRL and if I am playing whatever Borderlands, Killzone 2, Uncharted MP my friends won't get more than a few words out of me anyway :D

JWong

Banned
NIGHT- said:
But there is a huge difference in getting a better of version of something you already own than paying $700-$1k for something you don't have
Now that's just silly. That price point is for a gaming laptop.

NIGHT- said:

1. If you need eurogamer to point out the differences for you, they're probably not that obvious.

2. If you still cared about such minuscule variations between 360 and PS3, then you should care infinitely more about the huge performance gap between PC and 360. Upgrade your PC and play there.

NIGHT-

Himuro said:
ps3's were 600 bucks when they first came out.

You people make hdtv's such a big factor when playing these systems and laugh at people who play on sdtv's. Yet hdtv's cost 500-1000 or more for a good set.

360's cost 400 when they first came out.

So, let's factor in hdtv + ps3/360 (or both in some cases). That's over 100 dollars, and not including the price for Gold, extra accessories for wireless adaptors.

And yet...you guys can't pay for a gaming pc?

L

O

L

The price argument is now outdated and debunked.

I wont defend the price for PS3 or 360 at launch cause they were way to high as well. But to buy a good gaming rig just to buy multiplatform games when the exclusives don't interest me is a bit crazy.

NIGHT-

H_Prestige said:
1. If you need eurogamer to point out the differences for you, they're probably not that obvious.

2. If you still cared about such minuscule variations between 360 and PS3, then you should care infinitely more about the huge performance gap between PC and 360. Upgrade your PC and play there.

I think your missing the point. I already own both consoles and am happy with them. I just want to get the best version for what I have. Not go spend another $700 for something I don't the price is justified for.

MrPliskin

Banned
NIGHT- said:
No, that's not true. If they were truly invested in better versions and not console dick waving, then they would most certainly have a stron PC already.

WrikaWrek

Banned
"Now let me just say i'm no fanboy, i own both systems. But i just much prefer to buy games on my Ps3 than on my 360 for reasons i can't quite disclose...so i will not be buying almost any game for the 360 this year, and will complain about it. Also would like to let you know that i will buy the worst version of X multiplatform game, because its for the PS3, and should it be that much worse i just won't buy it at all and tell the publisher to go suck a dick."

hmm hmm

Some of that silky fine bs being spread.

Owzers

charlequin said:
I don't think you're really following along with the conversation here.

I never said i bought a PS3 and 360 just to have the best versions of multiplatform games Xo. I bought a 360 at launch and later bought a 60GB PS3 when the price dropped around when MGS 4 came out ( i think), which i mainly bought for exclusives. Now that i own both though, i'd prefer buying multiplatform games on PS3 since i stopped paying for Live Gold. If an offline game runs better on 360 i'll get it for that. If an online game runs better on 360 i'll still probably get it on PS3 or none at all.

charlequin said:

I think generally having the better version of multiplatform games is a significant reason to purchase a 360 over a PS3, even if they are the same price, much moreso when the PS3 was a $100-$200 premium over a 360.

I'm not trying to slag the PC as a platform, but using it as a crutch in the argument as to why a 360 owner chose that platform over PS3 (or why a dev would choose the 360/PS3 for graphical performance over the Wii) is missing the point that there are tradeoffs to primarily or soley gaming on that platform as well, and clouding the original comparison being made.

MrPliskin said:

Bullshit.

There are PC/360 owners who buy multiplatform games on PC, citing superior performance and/or free online.

There are PS3/360 owners who buy mulitplatform games on PS3, citing more friends on PSN, free online, and hardware stability.

For some reason, anyone who cites LIVE, a larger online community, or superior performance over the PS3 is being called out as an idiot repeatedly on this forum.

NIGHT-

Himuro said:
So are you going to say that having an hdtv isn't important? Or that people should play their 360/ps3 on sdtv's? Because that goes against everything the collective graphic whore 360 generation stands for and everything they support.

Factor in ps3 + 360 + hdtv and we are easily talking AT LEAST 2000 dollars.

Yet people can't afford a gaming pc, which can cost an upward of 400-600 for desktop and 1000 if we're talking gaming laptops?

Why are you bringing the cost of an HDTV to the argument again?

Diablos

Himuro said:
ps3's were 600 bucks when they first came out.

You people make hdtv's such a big factor when playing these systems and laugh at people who play on sdtv's. Yet hdtv's cost 500-1000 or more for a good set.

360's cost 400 when they first came out.

So, let's factor in hdtv + ps3/360 (or both in some cases). That's over 1000 dollars, in some cases 2000, and not including the price for Gold, extra accessories for wireless adaptors.

And yet...you guys can't pay for a gaming pc?

L

O

L

The price argument is now outdated and debunked.
HDTV's serve more than one purpose, though; they are not just for gaming. You can use them for your PC, television, movies, and games.

Not to mention, you can get a good 1080p LCD for less than $700 now; if you aren't so picky and don't mind 720p, you are looking at $300-400. So it's really not as bad as it used to be, when, say, a 37" 720p LCD would still cost you $1000 (unless you wanted an awful brand).

Majmun

WrikaWrek said:
"Now let me just say i'm no fanboy, i own both systems. But i just much prefer to buy games on my Ps3 than on my 360 for reasons i can't quite disclose...so i will not be buying almost any game for the 360 this year, and will complain about it. Also would like to let you know that i will buy the worst version of X multiplatform game, because its for the PS3, and should it be that much worse i just won't buy it at all and tell the publisher to go suck a dick."

hmm hmm

Some of that silky fine bs being spread.

Some people may prefer the Ps3 controller. Or like collecting Trophies more than getting Achievements. Or have more PSN friends than XBL friends...

NIGHT-

Diablos said:
HDTV's serve more than one purpose, though; they are not just for gaming. You can use them for your PC, television, movies, and games.

Not to mention, you can get a good 1080p LCD for less than $700 now; if you aren't so picky and don't mind 720p, you are looking at $300-400. So it's really not as bad as it used to be, when, say, a 37" 720p LCD would still cost you $1000 (unless you wanted an awful brand).

Seriously, I don't see how he completely missed that point..

Himuro said:
Why not? 360/ps3 fanboys say you need to have one, not everyone has one. In one of my old threads, these so-called "gamers" suggested I buy an hdtv before I get a current gen console.

How bout them apples.

So it's a must to have an hdtv for 360/ps3 but only when it's convenient. I gotcha.

Do you still play your games through S-Video?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Why do some people pretend HDTVs are not TVs, where you know, you watch...channels and movies, with your family, friends, gf....

It's not the same thing as your monitor on the PC you know? It's just sort of "socially" awkward when these comparisons get made.

NIGHT-

Himuro said:
Why not? 360/ps3 fanboys say you need to have one, not everyone has one. In one of my old threads, these so-called "gamers" suggested I buy an hdtv before I get a current gen console.

How bout them apples.

So it's a must to have an hdtv for 360/ps3 but only when it's convenient. I gotcha.

Did you miss this post

WrikaWrek said:
Why do some people pretend HDTVs are not TVs, where you know, you watch...channels and movies, with your family, friends, gf....

It's not the same thing as your monitor on the PC you know? It's just sort of "socially" awkward when these comparisons get made.

Couldn't agree more.

Owzers

I think i hate trophies and achievements equally. I understand that they are used to encourage the player to spend more time in the game and give them something to do, but....the rewards......what do i care if my gamer score is 1600 or 5600? They should have started giving out themes/gamer pics for getting achievements since the very beginning, like they should with avatar items now.

With regards to the versions on multi plats.

The 360 versions usually run arguably better. We double dip alot and remember they are seperate TVs. You need to understand the differences are so small, I would highly suggest you play the game on your personal console of choice if you own both consoles without hesitation.

There is alot of fud, AC2 has been double dipped and as far as we can tell it runs almost the same the PS3 lighting seems to be sharper, maybe, the ground on the 360 is a slightly better texture :lol

TheOddOne

Anerythristic said:
No, it's not. I get a little mail icon on the top right of my screen if someone wants to play a multiplayer game with me or sends me a message. Then if I want to see who is online I simply move the XMB over to the right and they are listed there. It's quiet the way I like it. :lol

Don't talk to me about the XBOX, I have had MS machines at launch since they have been available and this will continue. I was just voicing my opinion and preferences.

The PS3 has definetly grown on me it's a sleek machine, and PSN is just about right for my wants. I am not a social person and pretty quiet IRL and if I am playing whatever Borderlands, Killzone 2, Uncharted MP my friends won't get more than a few words out of me anyway :D
You get in down in the middle, pretty much the same thing man. Also you can see who's online if you move the blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom